User Tag List

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope your little one feels better soon Angela
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A lady posted a free bag of boy toys for ages 5-7 on a garage sale Facebook page yesterday. There was no picture, but I made arrangements to pick it up when I took our son to gymnastics. It was a medium sized garbage bag full. I sorted and tossed out broken toys. Then I picked out the ones for our house and a few to take to "grandma's" house because she always comments about needing to buy more toys for the kids that visit her at home. A bunch of the toys are packed away in a box for now. There were a few books, some cars, Thomas and friends trains, and two transformers. Our son really likes transformers. The awesome surprise was that the large Optimus Prime is a remote control that talks, it just needed new AA batteries. We are quite happy with the find and our son is thrilled.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

For those with dishwashers, how useful do you find them? Now that our family of three will be going to a family of four soon, I'm wondering if I should have the dishwasher that came with our home replaced. It looks like it leaked as the boards above are completely warped and it's much too gross to use or contemplate cleaning on the inside - at least for me.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I love our dishwasher. We use it more when the boys are home with us. Home just two of us it seems to be run once the whole week

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow, i use my dishwasher every day and I enjoy having one, but I really dislike doing dishes so for me it is a splurge!! Having said that I will pass on some info, we have been in our home for 23 years and I am on my third dishwasher, they are just not built to last apparently, we have always purchased mid range appliances. When I was shopping for our last dishwasher the salesman told me that max I would get 7 years from any mid range dishwasher and to consider spending my money on a higher end model. I also find the new dishwashers take forever to run a cycle, mine takes over 2 hours at least. I think this is a long time but maybe that is normal.If and when this one tanks I will consider a top of the line one.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Oct 19th, 2016 at 06:20 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow - I don't know how you have been dealing without having a dishwasher! Even now when it's just the two of us, I miss our dishwasher very much - we don't have one here, and there is no room at all for one.
    Yes, it takes electricity - BUT it will free you up for more wonderful things - and TIME! Well worth it!

thriftygranny, I've heard about those long times for the new dishwashers! I loved the one we had, it was an old portable Kenmore - 40 minutes for a wonderful scouring wash, then we just air dried.

Husband picked up two pork loins yesterday - big ones, around $15 each, just over $4/kg. I tackled one this afternoon, boy it's a lot of work to break one down. Hoping maybe husband will do the other one tonight... my arms are sore from doing that, then getting supper on.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweet sparrow I have had my dishwasher 18 years(its not even mid range pricing ) -never had one in my first house -but I only use it once a week or 2twice a week if I am having a large meal and lots of dishes -with just 2 of us don't need to use it more than that -to cheap to use it every day besides I wouldnt have enough to fill it every day
    -just got home from watching ashlyn at 7.00 treated ourselves to hot foods from fortinos got 2,000 p.c points for spending over 10.00
    -it was a hard day was running ashlyn to the toilet every time she asked -training time they started on sunday and she is peeing on the toilet no problem -its poo that she is not doing in the toilet but in the pull up at nap time -may take awhile for sure it sure doesn't happen overnight
    saundyl, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Sweet Sparrow - I don't know how you have been dealing without having a dishwasher! Even now when it's just the two of us, I miss our dishwasher very much - we don't have one here, and there is no room at all for one.
    Yes, it takes electricity - BUT it will free you up for more wonderful things - and TIME! Well worth it!

thriftygranny, I've heard about those long times for the new dishwashers! I loved the one we had, it was an old portable Kenmore - 40 minutes for a wonderful scouring wash, then we just air dried.

Husband picked up two pork loins yesterday - big ones, around $15 each, just over $4/kg. I tackled one this afternoon, boy it's a lot of work to break one down. Hoping maybe husband will do the other one tonight... my arms are sore from doing that, then getting supper on.
    The work on those pork loins will be worth it Natalka, you can get so many good meals out of them!!
    I don't know if the Coop in Saskatoon is the same as Alberta but I just got my flyer and their eye of round roasts are on 3 day sale for 2.99 a pound starting Friday!! I bought some a little cheaper than this at Superstore a few weeks ago but Coops meat is so much better I am going to buy a couple. I read an article in the paper last week about pork and beef prices are plummeting and every thing else is going up, after the ridiculous beef prices here last year I am prepared to stock up a bit!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Oct 19th, 2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: atrocious spelling!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just got the flyers, so checked - and yes, it's the same here for the roasts - will get that for sure. We've pretty much been eating pork and chicken for the past year - so it's been nice lately to get some beef - ground beef, then we splurged on getting prime rib last week (but so worth it for the experience!).
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Prime rib is my absolute favorite meal, we don't have it often but when we do i am in food heaven!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I really miss my dishwasher that I used to have in the condo. I would skip the drying cycle in the winter and just opened the door slightly. If I had room in my current kitchen I would definitely get one - even if I needed to only run it once or twice a week.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Our family of 3 runs the dishwasher once per day. I hear you on the prime rib Nat-if it would cost the same to eat out or buy a prime rib I would rather buy the roast and cook it as it is so yummy and leftovers too. Plus there is no GST/tip etc like when dining out.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Our house did not have a dishwasher before we moved in and this was one of the first things we purchased before moving in. I love out dishwasher but I hate doing dishes so that is probably why. With just the 2 of us we do not turn it on all the time but it is wonderful, ours takes about an hour to run.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Are there things you can't put in a dishwasher? Large pots and pans, Teflon pans, large baking dishes?

I think I remember my sister saying that she hand washed many things and she felt like she was doing dishes before running a cycle. If there was anything like pasta stuck on the inside, her washer would cook it onto her pan and make it truly hard to get off.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I put everthing in my dishwasher-mind you I don't have fine silver etc. You get to know if there is the odd thing you should soak or wipe out first( scrambled eggs and baked on muffin tins come to mind) but ours handles most anything. My DH likes to handwash the pots because they take up so much space but I put it all in. The Mum I help, with 2 sets of twin boys plus a PT nanny, even has 2 dishwashers to keep up with the 7 of them! Once can be running/unloaded while the other is going.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information