User Tag List

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I was able to use up the Flamingo coupons that I have had for eons. thankfully another thread pointed out they expire tomorrow, I bought two boxes at 4.99 each (Metro) and pair them with two coupons one @ 5.00 & the other 3.00. Yet I have still forgotten to use my Oasis juice that expires Monday & I have been to RCSS 5 times this weekend to pick up or drop off the teen. He is on shift now so I put an alert in my phone so I don't forget tonight when I pick him up. I hate wasting a coupon but an FPC would bring me to tears.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    It was a slow start to the day as Mom was driving me insane. She has a Pot Luck at work tomorrow but did not plan anything to make even though she brought it up well we were shopping yesterday. So all I keep hearing was well I could make ______ but we don't have ______, or then she would come up with an idea that would use almost all our Ground Beef or one of our Beef Roasts so needless to say tempers flared.

Once Mom left for her meeting I kick it into high gear and got:
    The laundry done (just need to fold it)
    Broken down package of Chicken Breast into Single Serve Size
    Broke Down a large Roast into Stewing Beef Packets
    Cut down a package of Chicken Breast into Bite size pieces we can turn into Sovlaki or Teryaki Chicken for the freezer
    Toasted a whole loaf of bread to turn into Bread crumbs

Yesterday's shop turned into a large shop> I was able to find a number of things on sale that will fill holes in my stockpile so needless to say our shopping trip cost a little more then I would have liked but I am happy to fill in some holes. This week I need to really try to find some time to clean up the stockpile room as it has gotten out of hand. Not sure it will happen as I am travelling this week but if I happen to get home at reasonable time this will be #1 on my to do list.

Going to finish a cup of tea and figure out what is for dinner tomorrow night. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Have a fun day, everyone!
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have a great day everyone! So happy it is not suppose to rain tonight! Get the work day out of the way, feed DS quick so he get get dressed then off trick or treating. Then I will be sick for a week eating junk!!!
    Natalka, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hi all

Happy Halloween!!!

Hope all is well. I'm finally (!) over this cold (well, mostly). Life is still crazy, & I'll know this afternoon whether I get a breather or whether things are going to get even more chaotic. Sigh.

On the plus side, Lily dog and I have been invited to have dinner at a friend's and help hand out candy. A certain someone is all ready to go (she overheard my friend say trick-or-treat & got ideas....). The short one is opting to stay home & keep an eye on the goldfish (he's still not quite sure what to make of the houseguest ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day full of treats.

Name:  P1110795.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  503.6 KB
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I was able to use up the Flamingo coupons that I have had for eons. thankfully another thread pointed out they expire tomorrow, I bought two boxes at 4.99 each (Metro) and pair them with two coupons one @ 5.00 & the other 3.00. Yet I have still forgotten to use my Oasis juice that expires Monday & I have been to RCSS 5 times this weekend to pick up or drop off the teen. He is on shift now so I put an alert in my phone so I don't forget tonight when I pick him up. I hate wasting a coupon but an FPC would bring me to tears.
    That was completely me this weekend! I forgot to bring my Gay Lea coupons expiring today on both Saturday and Sunday. I thought it was just mommy brain. There was a $2 off coupon, an FPC, and 3 x $1 off coupons. Didn't get to use the 3 x $1 off coupons, and guess what? I forgot to bring them out with me again!!! ARGH!

I drove to a remote part of town to use my October FPCs at Sobeys. I had a personal offer for 14 AM WUB Ivanhoe cheese, but it didn't go through. I think you had to buy a 500 g block, but the one I found was 300 g. They didn't have any that size. I thought it was because I didn't load my offers, but I did. While I was there, I did pick up two bags of the Natrel milk and saw a family friend handing out coupons for them. I'm quite thrilled with $3.27 for a 4 L bag! She was kind enough to give me some extra coupons, so I will try to get out later this week.

I was a few hours late for an Amazon return (just past midnight) and was able to get a shipping label through customer service. My other order from Old Navy is perhaps lost. I returned it and accidentally forgot to put in the return form. Customer service said they would return it to me so I can send it back, but I haven't received it. I wonder if I will have to cancel the charge from my credit card? I have the tracking number that said it was signed for on receipt there.

LO has not slept well in the past three days, often waking from coughing and congestion, followed by the crying and screaming because we are not in sight and the room is dark. We've slept with the lights on all three days. The first day, she would scream for us every 15 minutes, then get up every few hours, so we hoped that she would be able to settle herself if the lights were on. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to doing this with two children! I am exhausted. Once she had drunk so much that she needed to use the washroom. I told her we had just gone and that I needed to clean up a few things (wipe LO's tears, blow her nose, get her another sip of water, prep the toilet with potty seat, etc.). She thought she wasn't allowed to go but there was such a smile of relief when I said "Of course I will take you to the washroom". Poor thing! I had no idea she thought I wasn't allowing her!

I am now loaded up with candy from the office. She won't be going out tonight as her Disney princess costumes are both off the shoulder and Princess Jasmine has a crop top. These costumes were obviously not designed for Canadian hallowe'ens!

Now DH is sick with a nasty cold from LO and I have nowhere to run while they're both coughing away in my bed and my face! Oh dear!

DH has been doing some massive spending from work on the CC. I'll pay off a $700 charge one day and then the very next, I'll see a $400 charge. I can't keep up. Hopefully, these will be returned to his account shortly. Very, very hopefully.

On the bright side, I've calculated a $600 savings in groceries from the PC Plus program. That is such a relief.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Happy Halloween!

all of our children slept through the night until 5:45 this morning, which was nice for a change. I'm feeling a fair bit better, but still have a sore spot. I'm on 3 different medications, all needing to be taken or applied at different times, so I've set alarm reminders on my phone to help me. It's been a productive morning so far. My daycare kids weren't scheduled to arrive until 10am today, so I dropped our son off at school this morning. I put the twins down for a nap when I got home. I took advantage of the quiet time. I picked up and vaccines the living room and hallway. I folded and put away the two loads of laundry that I washed last night.

I went to WM yesterday, but I forgot to buy new socks for myself. However, I did getting Pampers diapers and wipes with coupons and the CO51 offers. I'm planning on going back to WM with the twins tomorrow morning. I'll also go shopping at Sobeys for their 10% off Tuesday, and possibly go to the health food store for their 20% off day.

Kellogg's Selected varieties, 500 - 755 g
    $4.99 each. BUY 5 GET 75 AIR MILES® BONUS MILES
    = $2.91 each on 10% off Tuesday - 75c coupon = $2.06 each - 75c CO51 (Mini-Wheats) = $1.31 each !
    I will also be buying Rice Krispies, and Krispix. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking about buying 10 boxes in total.

edit: The only cereal that we have extra of is Cheerios. We are on the last box of every other type of cereal. The Air Miles offer is in the flyer for Sobeys West this week.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 31st, 2016 at 02:41 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Grabbed candy on my lunch break. Checked out Bulk Barn and all Halloween was 75% off! They also had Dare real jubes in mini bags reg 5 for $1 so took the last 40 for $2. What a steal. Chocolate covered marshmallow ghosts etc, 2 bags at .98 cents each (approx. 18 in each bag- individually wrapped too) Also grabbed my man a bag of Halloween kisses that he loves. He could have all of DS's after trick or treating but the kids don't seem to get them these days.
    Will be a good addition to the Shopkins cookies, peanut free brownies and skittles and starburst (which we will hand out last lol incase we have leftovers lol. Good for the hockey bag )
    saundyl, Natalka, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

A little more than a month and I will be in the hospital. I am trying to resist the chocolates in the kitchen for the baby. At night, I've been having a square of European milk chocolate so I'm not depriving myself. Home stretch and not long now! Oh dear....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Also put the cutest Camo Jacket on the porch for pick up today ($7) Sad to see it go. Both kids have worn it over the years for Halloween. It really did us well. And I bought it used for around $3 I think about 10 years ago!!
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good cereal offers, @Angela _273 !
    @SassyAshley -you've made great headway on the groceries. Always good to tackle stockpiles!

Set up Nov. spreadsheet. Went to Cdn Tire to get the $2 Palmolive detergent and $1 Vim (good thing I used the product lookup screen because those 60+ bottles of regular detergent were not in the regular cleaning aisle-found them at an endcap I had overlooked). I believe these will take us to end of 2016 but I wanted an excuse to use up the 45 cents CT money on hand.

1 McCafe sticker found plus 2 repeat Monopoly stickers. Been a slow find for Monopoly stickers over several days.

Last night, sibling decided to pop in the soft white LED replacement bulbs in many fixtures. Said he got a deal because the $3 rebate at Dollarama ended yesterday (yellow Luminus boxes, 2700K or 800 lumens). Just a heads up some of those bulbs have an audible noise (like another fridge cycling on for power-no!)-he put 4 into the bathroom fixture and I when I happened to find out how bright and noisy the bulbs were, I immediately took the cover off and removed two bulbs (we only used two of four incandescent bulbs anyway). One of the bulbs would not work in the dining room so I restored the incandescant one.
    I noticed that Cdn Tire has a display of similar bulbs-dark boxes-sign shows $5.99 regular price, $3.99 sale, after rebate $0.99 cents (3000K on these ones) by the entrance. Just thought to tell you if you can hear all kinds of sounds, you may experience some with these bulbs. 9W LED to replace 60W, etc.

My own bedroom light, the incandescent bulb which was replaced during the summer, was acting up and hissing by interesting coincidence (I like the older bulb's light; new bulb still comes across as too white). I did not replace it with the LED bulb. If the new bulb makes a sound, it's not staying in.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    A little more than a month and I will be in the hospital. I am trying to resist the chocolates in the kitchen for the baby. At night, I've been having a square of European milk chocolate so I'm not depriving myself. Home stretch and not long now! Oh dear....
    Brave @Sweets parrow ! You go on and have that square (I'd add on in afternoon just because). Think of red-carding DH since he seems to have forgotten the summer wedding $$$ spree. Tell him he might have to sell the car if he does not consult you first.
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Good cereal offers, @Angela _273 !
    @SassyAshley -you've made great headway on the groceries. Always good to tackle stockpiles!

Set up Nov. spreadsheet. Went to Cdn Tire to get the $2 Palmolive detergent and $1 Vim (good thing I used the product lookup screen because those 60+ bottles of regular detergent were not in the regular cleaning aisle-found them at an endcap I had overlooked). I believe these will take us to end of 2016 but I wanted an excuse to use up the 45 cents CT money on hand.

1 McCafe sticker found plus 2 repeat Monopoly stickers. Been a slow find for Monopoly stickers over several days.

Last night, sibling decided to pop in the soft white LED replacement bulbs in many fixtures. Said he got a deal because the $3 rebate at Dollarama ended yesterday (yellow Luminus boxes, 2700K or 800 lumens). Just a heads up some of those bulbs have an audible noise (like another fridge cycling on for power-no!)-he put 4 into the bathroom fixture and I when I happened to find out how bright and noisy the bulbs were, I immediately took the cover off and removed two bulbs (we only used two of four incandescent bulbs anyway). One of the bulbs would not work in the dining room so I restored the incandescant one.
    I noticed that Cdn Tire has a display of similar bulbs-dark boxes-sign shows $5.99 regular price, $3.99 sale, after rebate $0.99 cents (3000K on these ones) by the entrance. Just thought to tell you if you can hear all kinds of sounds, you may experience some with these bulbs. 9W LED to replace 60W, etc.

My own bedroom light, the incandescent bulb which was replaced during the summer, was acting up and hissing by interesting coincidence (I like the older bulb's light; new bulb still comes across as too white). I did not replace it with the LED bulb. If the new bulb makes a sound, it's not staying in.
    Just be careful with these bulbs. I was at CT buying more and a couple was reading the package and it said not to put these bulbs in a closed light fixture So much for changing the entire house. I bought another 4 anyway for my living room lamps etc
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Oct 31st, 2016 at 02:56 PM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Brave @Sweetsparrow ! You go on and have that square (I'd add on in afternoon just because). Think of red-carding DH since he seems to have forgotten the summer wedding $$$ spree. Tell him he might have to sell the car if he does not consult you first.
    These are work expenses and not personal, so I cannot ask him to stop buying whatever it is. And then if he sold the car, we wouldn't be able to get my mother for when the baby arrives. And then his mother might come. Horrors!

Were the lights the Feit (sp?) brand? I should check what it says on our packages in the basement! Mine are from Lowes, but I'm sure it's no different. I don't know why, but I always have the worst luck with purchases from Canadian Tire. It's like the dollar store of hardware stores. At least they have a return policy but it's always a huge lineup and they hassle you about the $0.05 in CT money even if you've spent $50.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    These are work expenses and not personal, so I cannot ask him to stop buying whatever it is. And then if he sold the car, we wouldn't be able to get my mother for when the baby arrives. And then his mother might come. Horrors!

Were the lights the Feit (sp?) brand? I should check what it says on our packages in the basement! Mine are from Lowes, but I'm sure it's no different. I don't know why, but I always have the worst luck with purchases from Canadian Tire. It's like the dollar store of hardware stores. At least they have a return policy but it's always a huge lineup and they hassle you about the $0.05 in CT money even if you've spent $50.
    I can check the box when I get home for the name. But mine are from CT.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information