• 6 Post By peachy1
  • 3 Post By momof3heathens
  • 3 Post By paylessgetmore
  • 4 Post By plc
  • 3 Post By Chantel
  • 2 Post By sweetbabigrl
  • 1 Post By nessa23
  • 2 Post By Arvilish

Thread: London Drugs is introducing new reward program "LDextras" (West Provinces Only)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I went to LD yesterday and noticed this (LDextras).

https://www.ldextras.com/

spend $10 or more will get you one VISIT and 10 visits will get you $5 voucher

It may not seem as good as pcplus or sdm optimum but every little savings add up especially if you are frequent shopper there ...

I doubt if manufacture coupons will count towards $10 spending (like pcplus/sdm) or not but I do really hope

Anyone is interested in joining?
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by paylessgetmore; Mon, Oct 10th, 2016 at 03:21 PM.
    Gratuit, Natalka, plc and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I think it's about time they joined the bandwagon! They are so overpriced I never shop there. I don't think this is enough of an incentive for me.
    Thanks for letting us know about it!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Finally, it's nice to have something from them!

I don't shop there often, either - but sometimes they have things no one else does.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  317.7 KBCoupons are considered cash there and I just signed up and did a shop. Lots of perks with the program and the coupons that are given can be used with another coupon so maybe the stars will align here and there. I'm pretty happy that they got at least something. Cheers
    Last edited by peachy1; Mon, Oct 10th, 2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Missing photo

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

We've had this on the island for awhile now.

Funny story: my daughter and her boyfriend were over on the mainland and had popped into LD for some snacks. While ringing her purchases through Bethany asks the male clerk 'aren't you going to ask for my number?' Both the clerk and her boyfriend just kind of stare at her and each other looking slightly dazed. Finally she mentions 'for the reward program'. The clerk had no idea about it. lol.
    Natalka, Lavender Lady and dededi like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachy1 View Post
    Coupons are considered cash there and I just signed up and did a shop. Lots of perks with the program and the coupons that are given can be used with another coupon so maybe the stars will align here and there. I'm pretty happy that they got at least something. Cheers
    Thank you for sharing details. Did you sign up in store or online? I just want to know if there is any extra incentive if signing up in store or no difference of either one.

LD does have higher price but they sometimes have good sales and allow price match. I still shop there!
    Last edited by paylessgetmore; Tue, Oct 11th, 2016 at 12:20 AM.
    Lavender Lady, peachy1 and dededi like this.

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I signed up online just before heading out to make my first purchase. I don't shop frequently at LD but do find they have items you can't find elsewhere. I also find their online site to be great to look up stock and to find the store that has the item.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just chucking in my 2 cents here (full disclosure, I work there and am part of the promotional team so I'm up to my earlobes in this) this is a decent program for the average shopper. It lacks monetary incentives for hardcore shoppers, but from what I gather, the idea was to give regular shoppers a little 'extra' back, not to do a full-blown buy-this-get-points-buy-more-more-points program to make you feel like you have to buy lots more or to join to get the 'card price'.

I LOVE pcplus, it's my favorite rewards program because it gives me something back for things I have to buy anyway, but this is honestly quite decent if you're not someone who wants to do a spend 50/75 etc promo for bonus points. The rewards aren't as big as that, but I personally have never enjoyed SDM's way of doing things because I find them to be overpriced and it's hard to get much good value when I have to spend that much on any given week.

I'll be taking advantage of it because LD price matches and since coupons are considered currency, they add up much more quickly for small coupon shops towards a visit.

The savings on 3 purchase protection plans are what I'm most excited about. I actually do buy warranties on everything I buy there, and the offer you get after 10 visits is $20 off a PPP (3 times) or a free one if the warranty value is under $20, which are already cheaper than places like Best Buy and they don't give you the runaround when bringing something broken back.

If you do decide to join the program or have thoughts about it, you should fill out a comment card or send an email on the website. If you feel the incentives are not good enough, make yourself heard! I've been passing on feedback to my superiors and they are eager to hear it.
    Lavender Lady, nessa23 and peachy1 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I did not know they did gift wrapping.
    Last edited by sweetbabigrl; Tue, Oct 11th, 2016 at 07:05 PM.
    ROMEO and peachy1 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thank you for posting
    dededi likes this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Oh I have not gone there since last month for beauty gala. Is there a timeline for 10 visits? For me, I am saving way more money by not going to stores so I am not sure if this will work for me. I find my self really hard to be attracted towards these programs. Still have not used my new SDM card; stuck at 1800 points. I guess ain't no body got time for that! Its like selling your privacy though.
    peachy1 and dededi like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Thread Information