User Tag List

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just got twin baby girl back to bed. Dh does not like tomato based soups, so here's Friday's supper plan.
    Home made soup: bison soup bones, bison meat, a little bit of lentils, pearl barley, garden carrots, onion, celery
    Zucchini dill biscuits
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! A beautiful day here today and I decided to wear capris today! Not sure I will get another chance to do so on November 18th!!!

My man's family is coming to visit/stay the night tonight so we will have a nice late dinner and chat late into the night

Tomorrow going to watch his niece play in a tournament and then rush back to DS's hockey game.

Sunday- Laundry. I only did one load last night so I need to get on it.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @avoncallingu -might there be a local foster cat care group with some mousing cats willing to give the mice what-for in the ducts? Rather inconvenient that you and DH might have to keep the stove on or a kettle going for heat if you cannot put the furnace on when the temperatures fall after Friday-maybe someone is willing to have you visit for a few days while you wait for the Wed. appt.? You are in London-city that snow loves!

Like your lined curtains shopping idea at Value Village! Also suggest seeing if a local Fabricland with a home decor section might have a sales bin of lined curtain panels. 50% off can be a boon when you find the sale and a colour/panel you can use (or alter to fit or hang). The Eclipse panels from 2012 are holding on though some of the backing has started to break in little bits here or there (I've had to tell Mom to keep the spiked laundry balls out of the dryer load because I think they are causing the tears and she does not always use the low heat cycle). Since you live in RCSS land, check to see if there may be lined panels available there as well. Their store flyers seem to have good home items on sale now and then.
    @Angela273 -I'd like to make baked beans since that dish is something I have never had at home. Your cooking sounds delicious! When's dinner? Oh, I missed it.
    Glad you have the opportunity to get the medical test tomorrow-hope the test helps to pinpoint or narrow down possibilities of what your body is telling you. @jasperandchar -I want to have your freezer of frozen fruit situation! Such good things can come out of that-smoothies or smoothie bowls, coffee cakes, muffins, quick loaves, sauces for other dishes, preserves, jams, or just thaw some at a time in the fridge overnight and enjoy with breakfast (on waffles or pancakes or with cereal) or flax/hemp seeds. You do have a junior baker on-side, so he can help you to move the fruit into dishes. He loves batch baking, right?
    Amazing work on having Christmas gifts almost wrapped up/done!
    @Frugalbigmama -you could be a reality tv show star on House & Garden TV along with some other SC members! Things get done with plans, budgets and timelines.
    @lizzie bargain -wonder if Calgary has more Tim Horton's locations than Hamilton? We'll see more than frost soon enough here in southern Ontario.

Tonight, I've been washing bedding sets so they can be hung outside tomorrow on what seems to be the last extended spring day for fall. I made sure to put one of the full McCafe cards in my coat pocket for tomorrow as I missed chances yesterday and today to get that hot chocolate treat that I promised myself. Plan on reading the many recipes in Food Network Magazine for pumpkin, squash, biscuits and one pan meals and some sides. Don't like boring vegetables and am keen to put spices and vegetables through new dishes. Should find a new casserole to love as well.

For those of you who love complicated pie crusts, you'll be in pie heaven if you get your hands on Martha Stewart Living's November issue. Some DIY sewing projects are in the issue as well.

Sewists! Check to see if your Burda Style retailer has copies of the Vintage Seventies special issue-the 70s are back!
    Yes he does love to bake
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

I don't use wild meat bones for stock as the broth is quite gamey, have you done this before @Angela273
    @avoncallingu sounds like the condo board needs to treat the whole building. I'm sorry to announce but mice can have babies every 12 days. I hope you dh's health continues to improve.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow 15 degrees right now have a load and a half on my line blowing and drying
    -son just came for a visit by himself-made him a coffee and a fresh muffin -I just made this morning
    -everyone my knee is better 2 days of hell thou (pain wise ) gonna get groceries on sat morning

-supper tonight bbq chicken breasts and French fries ,peas

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have the windows open, I love fresh air in the house, still no furnace on in the house. It will be Sunday I sure before we need the heat.
    I would have hung laundry had I realized how warm today was going to be. I sold a few more books on a FB group. Slowly but surely getting rid of stuff.
    I am going to start decorating the house, but I will wait a few weeks for the tree.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Wishing everyone a great weekend.

I don't use wild meat bones for stock as the broth is quite gamey, have you done this before @Angela273
    @avoncallingu sounds like the condo board needs to treat the whole building. I'm sorry to announce but mice can have babies every 12 days. I hope you dh's health continues to improve.
    I haven't used a bison bone to make soup stock before, but we really like the taste of bison. If not cooked properly, I find that moose meat can fast quite gamey.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My honey popped into No Frills when he was done work. He found family pack Lean ground beef marked down to $1LB!!!! He tried calling me to ask how many to grab but DS was on my phone and didn't answer lol . So he bought 5 and I had loaded his PC pts this morning and his card had 200 pts per $ spent on beef!!! We were trying not to buy meat but he couldn't walk by this deal and I agree! So we have winter burgers on the bbq and meatloaf and taco meat in our future!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Got two flannel bedding sets to dry outside-just needed an iron touchup to chase the last bit of moisture out. Cooked some quinoa with chicken bouillion and tossed in some dried herbs and leftover cooked cauliflower (had it for lunch and dinner).

Found the Walmart Live Better bagged issue (victory at last!)-there's a display at the west entrance near the hair salon. Keeping the coupons, the chrome stripe nail how-to (and nail polish names/prices), two recipes and the headache article. Will put the facial care samples to use tonight because the face has not been getting enough skincare attention.

After forgetting for a few days to put a McCafe card to redeem in my coat pocket, I took one card in today and had a hot chocolate. Despite the warmish day, the drink was worth the wait! I'll use the second card next week. Third card is a sticker or two away from being completed. Had a chance to glance through local paper to notice bazaar ads for tomorrow, find out local swimming centre will be closed from Jan. 9 to fall for renovations and that the City of Hamilton council might consider staff cuts in order to deal with budget pressures.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Got two flannel bedding sets to dry outside-just needed an iron touchup to chase the last bit of moisture out. Cooked some quinoa with chicken bouillion and tossed in some dried herbs and leftover cooked cauliflower (had it for lunch and dinner).

Found the Walmart Live Better bagged issue (victory at last!)-there's a display at the west entrance near the hair salon. Keeping the coupons, the chrome stripe nail how-to (and nail polish names/prices), two recipes and the headache article. Will put the facial care samples to use tonight because the face has not been getting enough skincare attention.

After forgetting for a few days to put a McCafe card to redeem in my coat pocket, I took one card in today and had a hot chocolate. Despite the warmish day, the drink was worth the wait! I'll use the second card next week. Third card is a sticker or two away from being completed. Had a chance to glance through local paper to notice bazaar ads for tomorrow, find out local swimming centre will be closed from Jan. 9 to fall for renovations and that the City of Hamilton council might consider staff cuts in order to deal with budget pressures.
    What facial care samples came with the magazine?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My appointment this morning didn't take as long as expected, and my circulation is good. The Family Centre was closed, so we spent the morning at the public library. I managed to buy a $50gc to Sport Check for $40 from a guy in town. It'll be handy for skates. Dh is still figuring out where to buy new skates for himself. I bought a $100 Sobeys gift card for free with Air Miles. I bought milk, bread, and Johnsonville sausages (-$2 coupons), for free. I had to get a rain check for the eggs that they have on sale. The oranges and bananas didn't look that good, so I'll probably pm at WM tomorrow.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow just got back from grocery shopping -I really price matched a lot at walmart spent 86 and 61 at fortinos =142.35 on groceries and the meat in that order 2 chickens at fortinos 1.49 a pound 5 and 4.90 each and 1 lunchables and 6 slices of luncheon meat so not much in meat -but again I haven't really shopped a large amount in a month due to being sick and hubby sure wouldn't have done what I did today ,used 9.75 in coupons and I am getting back 4.00 checkout51 and caddle
    -well I may post about my grocery shop either today or sunday -but daughter called and wants us to babysit this afternoon in Toronto -so gotta go shower and get ready to leave at 1.00 p.m

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not expecting to get anything done today. I have really been struggling with not sure if you would call it health issues but a few various issues I have that can pop up have all popped up at the same time. I currently have an internal infection, my stomach has gone off and I am battling insomnia. To try to get everything back on track I am taking quite a few things right now but needless to say I am in a feel worse before you get better stage.

I was up most of last night with my stomach bothering me and today it is better but still extremely sore and tender. Between the lack of sleep and my stomach I have decided I am spending today on the couch doing nothing. I might try a new crochet pattern but I am not doing any cleaning, cooking or prep today. Instead I will catch up on my PVR and try to figure out exactly what we need to do to set up Netflix.

We are huge Gilmore Girl fans and will be signing up to Netflix to get the new season. My Mom is actually off next Friday so in total Gilmore Girl style she is going to put together an appetizer and junk food spread which we will enjoy well seeing how many episodes we can get through Friday night.

Off to try to find a crochet pattern to work on. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh sassey my daughter is a huge Gilmour fan when Sebastian sleeps she watches it -I may have to watch it too-take care and just relax
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Nov 19th, 2016 at 12:56 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our twins aren't sleeping well at night. I made a large pan of puffed wheat squares. This is the second recipe that I have used Imperial margarine in and I think that is the problem. I'd like to use what's on hand, but not buy it again unless it is completely free and I'll donate it to the food bank.

My entire left leg is causing me a brutal amount of pain right now. I'm laying down resting while Dh takes his turn with the little ones. He's going to cook some pork ribs that I bought at NF earlier this week + 100pts/$1.

This is week we have something every evening from Mon-Saturday with the exception of Friday. Plus my brother is coming by bus on Thursday evening and staying until Sunday.

edit: This is my youngest brother. He is 14yrs old, so I'll need to meal plan for a hungry teenager in addition to our own young family.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Nov 20th, 2016 at 12:16 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information