• 3 Post By Springbreeze
  • 2 Post By EvilTofu
  • 2 Post By Horndogg
  • 2 Post By GoJays
  • 1 Post By Natalka

Thread: Marie Callender's - Frozen meals

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There are coupons out for these, I bought two and liked one and hated the other. Leave your reviews if you've tried any!

Chicken Lasagna -
    GROSS. The sauce was an odd shade of orange. Not good at all, kind of acidic and plastic-y tasting even though I took off the whole plastic top. Chicken chunks taste like the thin end pieces of dark meat that have been left in a fryer a bit too long. Not like fake chicken, but just dry and chewy. I would not buy this again.

Three-Meat Marinara -
    I like this one. I'd put it above similar frozen meals in terms of taste. Sauce is good, meat is good. I've had better meatballs but overall I will purchase this one again. Stir before serving, all the sauce is underneath. Kids would like this.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

thanks for the review. i've been wanting to try it. Giant tiger has it on for $5.88 this week
    Newfiescreech and Davetherave like this.

SBW
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I didn't like the Creamy Chicken Alfredo at all. But the Three Meat Lasagna isn't bad. Not as good as homemade, of course, but you can't expect it to be.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I agree about the three meat marinara, that's the one I buy when it goes on sale. Haven't tried the others, now I probably won't. I just with they were a bit bigger. One container doesn't feed four especially when I've got a boy who is starting to eat more like a teenager and he's not even 11 yet.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    There are coupons out for these, I bought two and liked one and hated the other. Leave your reviews if you've tried any!

Chicken Lasagna -
    GROSS. The sauce was an odd shade of orange. Not good at all, kind of acidic and plastic-y tasting even though I took off the whole plastic top. Chicken chunks taste like the thin end pieces of dark meat that have been left in a fryer a bit too long. Not like fake chicken, but just dry and chewy. I would not buy this again.

Three-Meat Marinara -
    I like this one. I'd put it above similar frozen meals in terms of taste. Sauce is good, meat is good. I've had better meatballs but overall I will purchase this one again. Stir before serving, all the sauce is underneath. Kids would like this.
    can you get a refund?
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

oops my mistake....it was a different (new?) brand we tried of chicken lasagna....
    Last edited by scrapbookingoasis; Mon, Nov 14th, 2016 at 09:43 AM.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

DH bought the scalloped potatoes. He liked them and said he'd buy it again. I don't like scalloped potatoes at all so I didn't taste it myself
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have tried the scalloped potatoes. I liked them and I didn't. They tasted way to much like onion. I do enjoy the taste of onion but I thought it was way to strong. I have also purchased and really enjoy the mac and cheese. the flavor is great and it really is creamy. My only complaint, like a previous poster stated they are too small. Right now one is barely enough when combined with something extra.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

White Cheddar Mac and Cheese is great.

I suspect that they have difficulty keeping all the meals at the same price (for most frozen meal companies really). So the supposedly high value meals with meat are usually lower quality. The chicken or steak ones are all quite bad. Ground meat and no-meat ones are alright. I would only buy them when they are under $3.99 after coupon.

I used to go Marie Callender restaurants for pies when I lived in the States, so it gives me fond memories buying these. I wish they would sell their pies frozen!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Marie Callender has pies in the US and the coconut cream pie is the best CC pie that I have tried.
    Newfiescreech and EvilTofu like this.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We tried the white cheddar mac and cheese. I'd definitely go back to that one again. I think I'm going to start making two for dinner.
    Natalka and Purdee like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Son lives on his own, and likes Basilli lasagna, so that's his go-to. He had the three meat MC lasagna, and says it's much better, so he said that's his new fave. There are still coupons out, so I printed him out some.
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Dec 4th, 2016 at 10:19 PM.
    Purdee likes this.

Thread Information