User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: Scrooge is alive and well and running our Optimum Program....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This point back offer for us is better as we have a hard time spending $200 at 1 store as the selection changes by store. I like the idea of being able to redeem $85 per store.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Cornershopapp.ca Get your first 3 deliveries for Free

https://cornershopapp.com/en-ca/r/wvm84steq

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I agree with most comments the points back is much better for me. I've never done a mega redemption because we don't do big christmas' with our families. I wouldn't buy electronics from Shopper's, and they are usually over priced at redemption time anyway... I'll be using the top their redemption for myself to use up coupons I have that are expiring but I want to ustilize. And then maybe some fun stuff for me or Christmas decorations or heck maybe just diapers 😂 I also love pc points. May not be as generous but you can redeem those points for gift cards which I love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, peachies and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I'm going to do 3 redemptions so basically with the points back I'm getting a 4th redemption (just need 5000pts) back. In my opinion, that's way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Silk, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wouldn't buy produce from SDM and most of my electronics(43" TV, 2 laptops, digital camera, ext HDs, PS3, Wii, games, etc) were from them during redemptions. I have enough for a $170 redemption this weekend and after pts back enough to do another 50k redemption later. I will miss the Optimum program, it rewarded me pretty well.
    barbis9, Ciel and momi like this.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the way I see it is the points back works out to a higher $ per point used than a typical bonus redemption of 200-220, etc. Its actually almost exactly the same $ per point as the old 250$ mega redemption. Therefore for most this works out to a much better promo than expected. I suppose the one thing that isn't so great is that the points aren't awarded right away, but its just a couple weeks....

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I personally prefer points back. I have enough points for 3 full redemptions and have a hard time spending $200 with out getting items I really don't want just to get to $200.
    barbis9, Ciel, jkcouponer and 2 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hey NS Coupon Lady,

You’re welcome for the early notice of the redemption I think I understand where you’re coming from - personally I have mixed feelings about this redemption. I usually fall into the group that has trouble reaching the $100/$200 bonus redemption levels. But I have to admit – psychologically, that extra $15/$30 of products makes it easier for me to stomach paying SDM’s higher prices. I’m not someone who likes to pay regular price or inflated ‘sale prices’ And a quick look at this redemption flyer makes me wonder if I will have enough to redeem for even $85. I did a 95K beauty redemption recently - with discounts and promotions instead of $170 I got almost $210 in products , plus 2 GWPs - which was my main reason for not waiting for the bonus redemption that I knew was around the corner. So I won’t feel too bad about missing out if I skip this one. Like many other SCers, I realize that sometimes I can get a better deal doing a redemption when the sales are good, than waiting for a bonus redemption. But it has been a while that I’ve been questioning the whole points merry-go -round.

Re: the produce section – the grocery manger at my store told me 2.5 years ago that the sore would be selling produce. It still hasn’t happen. About 5 months ago I stumbled upon an SDM that actually had a small selection of produce. I passed by the same store about 3 weeks ago and not a sign of any produce. I don’t know if this is a regional issue or what.
    Anyway, I hope you find a way to make it all work for you

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Tue, Nov 22nd, 2016 at 06:54 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and momi like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Maybe the produce will be frozen PC vegetables. I have to see if my local Shoppers has milk & eggs, though Fortinos is across the road and Food Basics is in the same plaza as the Shoppers.
    Silk and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Maybe the produce will be frozen PC vegetables. I have to see if my local Shoppers has milk & eggs, though Fortinos is across the road and Food Basics is in the same plaza as the Shoppers.
    The grocery manager at my sdm was talking about fresh produce. The store has been carrying frozen veggies (reg and organic) for awhile - I've been buy the frozen broccoli when I have a decent promo for more than a year

Silk
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
    the way I see it is the points back works out to a higher $ per point used than a typical bonus redemption of 200-220, etc. Its actually almost exactly the same $ per point as the old 250$ mega redemption. Therefore for most this works out to a much better promo than expected. I suppose the one thing that isn't so great is that the points aren't awarded right away, but its just a couple weeks....
    My thoughts exactly! Very excited about the points back!
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i think for the produce it depends on the size of the store and the type of shoppers it gets, i've noticed the smaller locations tend not to have any produce(or heck even eggs!) where the larger ones do have a small selection of produce in their coolers (milk, eggs, bananas, some apples, tomatoes..just a few basics, i think i've seen a bag of salad) i don't think it does well enough to dedicate a section of the store to produce
    Silk, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

The store I mentioned is one of the largest, if not the largest, sdm stores in Canada, according to the grocery manager. He said that store was supposed to be a test market for selling produce. Well, that ship has sailed since i see stores in other parts of Canada are already selling produce. There may be some local issues as this is in Quebec and they have all kinds of regulations here. They also have trouble getting inventory for some of the Blue menu items I know other SDMs outside of Quebec carry. They used to carry the Blue Menu Almond Butter but it's been about 2 years since they've had them.

Silk
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
    Please explain how you came to this conclusion. . I can't figure out the math LOL
    barbis9 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mydusty View Post
    Please explain how you came to this conclusion. . I can't figure out the math LOL
    Simple. 170$ redemption will cost 65k points (95k - 30k that you will get back.)
    So 170$ ÷ 65k = 2.615$ every optimum point in this redemption earned $2.615.

In the mega mega redemption it was 250$÷95k = 2.63$ point.

So very close. Essentially this redemption is equivalent of 248$ vs the 250$ we got years ago.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dchu76 View Post
    Simple. 170$ redemption will cost 65k points (95k - 30k that you will get back.)
    So 170$ ÷ 65k = 2.615$ every optimum point in this redemption earned $2.615.

In the mega mega redemption it was 250$÷95k = 2.63$ point.

So very close. Essentially this redemption is equivalent of 248$ vs the 250$ we got years ago.
    exactly! usually 95k=$170, now it's 65k=170, so 170÷65x95 = $248. the 50k redemption is really good too! 85÷34x95 = $237. For my math, I always bring it back to the 95k=$170, then I figure out what 95k would be at the new point redemption value. So, I'm ok with some of the higher prices, because really, I'm getting an extra 30% value on my points, since they are worth that much more.
    barbis9 and Anna Michele like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information