User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everyone. I found this forum doing a general search on consumer complaints against Superstore. This seemed like a good place to sign up and ask for some advice

I shop at the Superstore in Country Hills Calgary and we've always hated how messy it is, but kept shopping there because it was definitely cheaper. The straws that broke the camels back were:

The dairy cooler smells like someone/something died in there ages ago.

When they cut into new boxes of product they often slash the product and then still put them on the shelf. Threw out many damaged garbage bags due to this.

Clogged aisles constantly with new stock and nobody doing anything about it.

Discarded milk, cream, various meat left sitting on shelves through out the store for very long periods of time

Broken jars and bottles in the aisles. The mess is not cleaned up, just a sign is put by it. The messes would often be there for the 45-60 minute span of our shopping trip.

A bird was living in the store and there was feces on the floor,shelves and some items. EW!

Our last and final bout was last week. We went in to do our shop and were going to get the coupon - Spend $250 get a 4 kg box of frozen chicken breast free-. When we got to the coolers there was only one box of chicken left and it had been opened, the inside bag as well, and chicken breasts were all over the cooler. My husband went to find someone in the meat dept. and despite there being a meat cart full of steak sitting in the aisle there was no one to be found. He went to the customer desk and was told that they would take care of it and we would get 30$ taken off our final bill. Fine enough right? Well going back to the meat dept. later we saw the same box of chicken now duct taped shut! EW EW!

The next day my husband had some of the cereal we bought. My daughter had had some earlier. He then noticed that there was duct tape on the bottom of the box. When he pulled it off he found the box was opened and so was the bottom of the bag inside. Our cereal was opened in the store and then taped up! BARF! seriously.

I emailed customer support for Superstore on Sunday and I still haven't heard back. How long would you wait or is there anything else I can do to get this fixed? This is just disgusting and stupid. Shopping at Safeway from now on. They may be expensive but my familys health is certainly worth it.

Thanks for letting me rant lol I promise I don't always go on like this!
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Safeway

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Sounds like my RCSS, minus the bird
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

CPNnewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (83%)

that's gross!

Trading Score
    13 (93%)

I would wait 48 hours MAX.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I'd go in person and ask for General Manager. No need to wait any longer.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    I'd go in person and ask for General Manager. No need to wait any longer.
    See nobody at that store seems to care, so I didn't want to bother with the manager. All of these problems are ones complained about in the past and nothing has changed. This tells me that the manager isn't going to give a rats patootie about our cereal. I thought trying higher up might make something happen.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

erm...that gross. My RCSS is perfect! It's really nice and always clean. Not like yours at all.
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My RCSS is almost like yours -- I love the prices but hate the store, I often avoid it....I had problems with them back in May, I mailed the manager and customer service -- I heard nothing until about 2 weeks before Christmas I got this written letter saying sorry for my inconvience etc, etc there was now new management at the store, etc, etc but that was it!! That was 7 months!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Ewww! I would definitely be talking to the health department! Who knows how many violations there are!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I would call the health unit

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

omg! definitely contact head office! that is ridiculous that they are selling opened products!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

EEWWWW that is so gross. I wouldn't wait a minute longer! I would have raised a big stink at the store, then I would have taken it to there head office, Then when I got home I would have call the Health and saftey board! Thats so gross. I don't have any problems like that at my RCSS here in winnipeg well....... you do get the odd rude person that moes you down with there cart but.... Take the good with the bad right?! Well in some cases!
    Last edited by StarDancer; Wed, Jan 28th, 2009 at 01:30 AM.

Jenny~Bear
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I agree about calling public health... A loblaws here in Toronto was shut down just this week due to unsanitary conditions and vermin

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I emailed them again yesterday. I re-sent the first letter along with a note pointing out it had been 3 days and I'd heard nothing from them, asked if this was at all important to them. Finally phoned them today, got a customer service rep - she took my name and email and said that someone from the email section would contact me lol. Someone called a little while ago, asked for the store location (which was the first thing in my letter ) and said that a file was being put together and that they were going to contact the store and then call me back to work this out.

I'm very curious what they can possibly try to say to me to make this better.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

call your public health dept - the meat story is GROSS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information