User Tag List

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2233Likes

Thread: December 2016 Frugal Chatter thread (all welcome)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Since our son puked on one of the couch cushions this morning, I'm now using our bissel cleaner on the entire couch. I bought it a few years ago and paid for half of it with Amazon.ca gift cards from Swagbucks. Twin boy is up again because he got both legs stuck through the vars on his crib. I'll continue cleaning the couch once he is down again. The couch needed cleaned, this just made it more immediate. My arms are already getting sore.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

New Wee Sparrow just threw up all the milk she ate at her last feeding. Her supplement, then what seems like the rest of what she ate. Ugh! I'm dreading the weigh in next week. They said if her weight is up, I can eliminate the supplement, but I'm not hopeful with her throwing up after each feed.

The clementines from WM a few days ago had more than 5 mouldy clementines. I'm debating if it's worth returning. The next time I'll be at WM may be the weekend. Each outing seems like a huge effort.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, sweet sparrow, I sure hope things get better for your little one and that she can begin thriving.

Wishing you all a lovely day!
    It's been SO nice having my husband home this week - I'll be sad when he goes back to work Tuesday...

ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahh sweet sparrow lets hope it gets better for the little one
    -I love having hubby home too -well we need to buy a smoke detector,as ours is caput on the top level -for sure will buy one this week sale or no sale -too many people have died form fires in our city the past 2 months than in 20 years as stated on the local news the other night
    -well we had fun watching ashlyn yesterday played and painted in her new colouring books and did a floor puzzle -told my son we would have her for a sleep over sunday night (give them time to be alone as a couple)while papa is off work then we will take her on an outing Monday as I babysit her Monday anyway -my daughter-in-law bought me a bed rail for 15.00 on a mom to mom group beats paying 50.00( for when ashlyn or Sebastian (when he gets older) sleep over )
    Natalka, ROMEO, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Bought a new laptop at Costco yesterday and have 2 coming from online orders-will try out and choose the best one for me and return the others( free shipping). DH says he is going to clean the house today so no complaints there! I am waiting to hear back fom the Office of the President of Scotia Bank-they have errors in DD's RESP statement for the third time and I am getting more than a little fed up!! I asked them to get it straightened out pronto as we will be accessing it in 9 months time-banks don't move too quickly. I also told them as a former healthcare manager if I messed up as often as they did my customers( patients) would be dead by now-the guy who phoned me from the local branch yesterday really didn't know how to respond to that!

I plan to fill up the car by Dec 31 as Alberta has a new carbon tax kicking in on Jan 1 which will increase the price. TFSA money is ready to go in after Jan 1 for DH and I, and he is going to get me some US $100 dollar bills( which bring the best exchange rate in South America) for my trip in a week!! I best get organized and start packing for that. Ready for some sun in Buenos Aries and Santiago.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, Dec 29th, 2016 at 07:28 AM.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well heading off to the mall to return one item for my daughter and will look for deals thruout the mall for next xmas or birthdays
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I am waiting to hear back fom the Office of the President of Scotia Bank-they have errors in DD's RESP statement for the third time and I am getting more than a little fed up!! I asked them to get it straightened out pronto as we will be accessing it in 9 months time-banks don't move too quickly..
    When TD Canada Trust messed up one of my RSP's the branch manager gave me a $100 gift card to my fav. restaurant and quickly resolved the issue. I have never had good service with Scotiabank and am happy I switched to TD Canada Trust.
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Dec 29th, 2016 at 12:38 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What brands of laptops did you get lizzie bargain?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Right now I am trying an HP for $366-not a fan so far.
    A Dell just arrived in the mail and DH is setting that one up for me-$380. Thank goodness for his patience.
    Still awaiting another Dell for $211-I will likely go with the most lightweight one that meets my needs. Mainly email, news, Skype, webpages etc.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

back from the mall after 2 ours -couldn't stand it drivers not paying attention -crowded stores -uggggg I would rather shop online for myself -did get my son levis socks for his birthday in feb 13.99 on for 5 .59 and at the counter in sears ladies 3 pack xmas socks 4.50 each box for next xmas
    -oh and went into bath and body works and spent 11.00 on 1 foaming soap and a few trial size body wash and a bubble bath for me 3.75
    then came home was tired ,hot and my gum was acting up -so good I didn't spend more

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys is having some good Air Miles deals tomorrow for their Blue Friday deals. I'll spend the $95 to get the $10 gift card, I prefer to get the card over the 95 Air Moles just to avoid the possibility of them not being credited. I also have enough Air Miles to buy a $100 Sobeys gc again.
    $4.99 Black diamond cheese, 400-450g + 100AM wub4 (= $10.53 in AM) - $3 wub2 Canadian Cheese product coupons (I still have my 2 coupons, I forgot to use them last time.) = $0.86 per block of cheese, for the first four. I have a fair bit of cheese in the fridge right now, and coupons that expire in March for a different brand of block cheese, so I'll probably only buy 4.
    2/$9 Delicio Pizzeria + 100AM wub4 = $1.87 each after Air Miles
    We rarely buy frozen pizza, but I think I'll buy some for that price, depending on the varieties that are in stock when I go shopping with our kids tomorrow.

I spent time this morning purging my coupon pencil case. I have a bunch of Dec 31 expiry coupons that I might coupon fairy while I'm out, if I don't find deals for myself to use them on. I am also working on purging and boxing extra stuff. It is surprising how quickly things add up. The couch looks really good after last night's Bissel cleaning and it was dry before the kids got up this morning.

edit: I bought a rotisserie chicken from Sobeys on Tuesday. We made sandwiches from the outside of the bird that night. I went to strip the bird yesterday and discovered that it was still raw with bring red blood down inside the breast meat, towards the wing. I called Sobeys and they will likely give me a replacement roast chicken, I have pictures of the raw bird and the receipt.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Dec 29th, 2016 at 02:35 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah just got my bay order in got a chaps ladies 3/4 length Henley top reg32.99 I paid 9.80 online purple my favourite colour ,the sleep pants I have to take back too big(I will try to exchange ) oh well and I got hot sox (bunny ones for 2.39 too)
    -made 7.00 from kijiji a nightie that was a gift to me from last year didn't fit

-on another note yeah Sebastian doesn't need hip braces -his hips are just fine -daughter got the results today (poor little guy has a cold thou)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Dec 29th, 2016 at 03:46 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Love these reno project postings, @jasperandchar ! Inspiration and the DIY spirit! I may have to step into Lowes for the third time this year to see if anything speaks to me as something to get done for 2017. Flooring in the kitchen/dining room is looking very worn and I'd like not to have to tape over two floor seams in order to save socks from snags. New vinyl (tiles would be easier) would be appreciated for 2017.

Today I returned a grocery item for refund, bought a newspaper, returned some beer/wine containers and bought a single bottle of beer that I read about months ago in Food & Drink mag. Looking forward to trying Beau's St. Luke's Verse-plan tomorrow to make pizza dough and use regular Primo pizza sauce to make pizza slices (no other toppings) so I have something to go with the beer. Wish I had burgers but I do not nor any frozen pizzas (all those flyer previews have them on special).Found a couple of new magazine issues at a different library branch, so there's reading material for the weekend. Second walk tonight-more cans! Bought a pkg of reduced price sweet potatoes and cooked them for mashing and seasoning with cinnamon & nutmeg (evening treat score). Something ready for tomorrow should I feel like having the mash.

My hips and backside want to leave me-the joint pain is a little more than usual due to my bending for the containers at various degrees. Will do an Epsom salt soak in morning to help make amends.

Mom did not wish to do errands nor grocery shopping today-too bad, as the weather was decent even though this is the third grey morning in a row (and that is annoying-where is Ms. Sunshine, in Florida?). Think she'll postpone again tomorrow when she sees the snow. I think I'd like to sleep in tomorrow then deal with the day as it unfolds.

2017 coupons-I'm anticipating fewer coupons that I'll be able to use for groceries and my AM card is almost on vacation so the next e-gift card redemption may not happen for some months. Flyer specials will be the driving considerations of when items are purchased with the reality some staples will have to be bought at regular price. Weather (snow) will factor into when I can use my cart to get large bags of flour or canned beverages or anything else that is heavy.

Next week, I will stock up on food, hosiery and personal care items plus treat self to a McDonald's meal at the new restaurant.
    I really enjoy reading your posts, enjoy your McDonalds's treat it's well deserved with all your frugal ways
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening everyone,

I stripped the paint off the trim for ds1's room (window & door). Dh has then sanded and will paint them tomorrow.

Saturday we are driving to Killaloo (spelling unsure) to pickup a Walleye from the taxidermy (ds1 got it over the summer). I keep telling dh not to drop them off ( at the depot that sends them off) as it's 2 hours away and I'm quite certain these can be done much closer BUT it ends up that dh is somehow related to the guy (go figure - small world).

We'll stop at Foodland and get some of their yummy Cinnamon rolls as a treat.

Wishing everyone a great evening.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Here's a link to January's frugal chatter thread

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/419636-...a/#post6727814

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information