User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2233Likes

Thread: December 2016 Frugal Chatter thread (all welcome)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Went to bed at 9pm last night.....been awake since 3am....
    aww, that sucks. I know that that can happen to me sometimes if I go to bed much earlier than usual.
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Very frugal Friday, no shopping today!

Have a great day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -I hear you I am still waking up anywhere from 5.15 to 5.30 everyday -long day for us getting ready to head to Toronto to watch Sebastian will leave just after morning rush

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Breaking News! Air Miles Cancels Expiry Policy - Your Points are Safe!
    Social media and Ellen Roseman are likely to have helped bring this change about! Great news for points collectors.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Social media and Ellen Roseman are likely to have helped bring this change about! Great news for points collectors.
    We were supposed to earn a bunch of Air Miles when we purchased our house 11yrs ago, but the realator company screwed us on that one and never got a point. We have 354AM stuck in the deal account from when Sobeys switched their program over and Dh didn't figure out how to switch the option on AM. The card is in dh's name, so I wasn't able to access stuff. I have 1,445AM in cash rewards right now. I plan on redeeming for $100 Sobeys gc again and wait until the balance hits $100 to this again.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    aww, that sucks. I know that that can happen to me sometimes if I go to bed much earlier than usual.
    Yes I should have known
    better but I was so tired and figured may as well hit the hay instead of falling asleep on couch. Oh well I will sleep well tonight...date night haha
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Dec 2nd, 2016 at 12:19 PM.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Loving the clementines on sale. Paid 3.77 for 5lb box and they are good! Filling my hockey player up on them now then off to the arena again.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am taking a week off next week, so making my list and checking it twice. I have lots of stuff I want to get done.
    I am sooo tired today as I was out far later than I would like last night for an event.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I will be your insomniac company. LO woke at 1:30 AM when I tried to pull the blankets on. She kicks off all the blankets because they bother her and then she wakes up because she's cold. Then trying to get to sleep while 38 weeks pregnant is not fun. I need an extra pair of hands to arrange all the pillows to support everything and I fear my pregnancy rash I had the first time around has returned.

I was looking for online remedies and saw a woman say that it was the worst thing she'd ever experienced. After my last pregnancy, I'd have to agree. Hours and hours of labour, no sleep the night before delivery, no food for 18 hours, all pale in comparison to this but it all would have been completely bearable without the rash.

Up again at 6 AM this morning. (Yawn!)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am taking a week off next week, so making my list and checking it twice. I have lots of stuff I want to get done.
    I am sooo tired today as I was out far later than I would like last night for an event.
    Enjoy your time off, it's well deserved with all your financial savings/goals, you amaze me.
    Angela273, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow I remember a while back you mentioned LO sleeps with a night light and a hall light. I'm wondering if you have given any thought on curtains for the new baby's room, you could save a lot of money in the long run buying curtains now vs. all the years of night lights, etc. Just some food for thought. Start them as newborns, there will always be the odd night where they may want a night light on but not everyday.

Does anyone on here own a Nissan JUKE or know of anyone who owns one? This is 1 of our financial goals for 2017. I previously had a Nissan my 2nd car and absolutely loved it.

Well I got scammed on Amazon.ca three (3) times in November by 3rd party sellers and tomorrow I will have to open a claim for the 4th. Very stressful and aggravating because these 4 orders finished my kids shopping, so yes it sucks BUT I'm moving forward AND starting over.

I have a small grocery list so I will get dh to run errands on his way home from work next week.

Wishing everyone a great day & weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J & C: you are so sweet, thanks for the encouragement. I have almost made the whole year not buying my lunch and with only 9 days left in the office I can't give up now.
    I just placed an Amazon order today so fingers crossed no issues. I had a offer that was too good to pass up from Amex that if I spent 25.00 at Amazon and paid with my Amex they will give me a 25.00 credit. I am not going to turn down free money.
    The tree will go up today. Logan has been begging all week so we are going to do it tonight.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-I have 2 friends who bought a Juke this summer and seem to like them-one commented that she had a Nissan Murano before and the gas mileage was about double. I have been in one-not super roomy inside if you had 5 people but I think 4 is okay-I guess you would just have to try having your whole family inside and see how it felt and checking the storage room etc. I personally think they are a little different looking on the outside, but I guess it it just a matter of personal taste-everyone goes for a different looking vehicle for sure.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It has been 1yr since I last ordered my compression stockings through dh's work insurance. It is maybe 1/2 the price when I order them online vs from a pharmacy in town, so I usually order online. I ordered my 4 pair limit for the year and I'm trying a new brand because my favourite ones were discontinued years ago and I'm still looking for a great replacement brand and style. I don't know of a Canadian website, so I always have to order in USD. They have a promo on this week for 30% off, plus free shipping to Canada on orders over $100, and a free container of diabetic cream. I plan on giving the diabetic foot cream to my dad when we visit at Christmas. I'm happy with my savings, it's always an expensive but necessary purchase.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @sweet sparrow I remember a while back you mentioned LO sleeps with a night light and a hall light. I'm wondering if you have given any thought on curtains for the new baby's room, you could save a lot of money in the long run buying curtains now vs. all the years of night lights, etc. Just some food for thought. Start them as newborns, there will always be the odd night where they may want a night light on but not everyday.

Well I got scammed on Amazon.ca three (3) times in November by 3rd party sellers and tomorrow I will have to open a claim for the 4th. Very stressful and aggravating because these 4 orders finished my kids shopping, so yes it sucks BUT I'm moving forward AND starting over.
    @jasperandchar : I'm not sure what you mean by curtains versus lights on at night. The issue started about six months ago when LO started hearing about monsters by older kids in daycare. That progressed into being chased daily by whomever was assigned to be the "monster" at recess or their time outside. From birth until six months ago, she always slept with the lights off, blinds down, door closed.

We'll see how that progresses with the new baby. Perhaps she won't be able to sleep at all listening to the new baby crying and will want her door closed.

I've always wondered about third party sellers on Amazon. I've purchased three times now and I'm waiting for my last shipment. The last two arrived but the shipping fee was a bit harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    The week after next, I will be off as well for a year's maternity leave! I have tons and tons to get done, but the new baby may derail all plans, as they do.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information