User Tag List

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2233Likes

Thread: December 2016 Frugal Chatter thread (all welcome)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley - your Mom can surprise you still! Great progress! Enjoy the feeling of being stunned happily by Mom as she works with you on common goals at home.
    @lizzie bargain - what real life intrigue in following your family tree and waiting for news! I find it wonderful that you are connecting with relatives you do want to know as persons beyond the family connection. As adults, we can choose who and how often to keep relating with kin. As children, we did not get too much say on the relating bit.
    @jasperandchar -You got your victory on holiday hosting boundaries. #Rocky Award! Great to read that DH is supporting you on this important matter.
    As to future gift ideas for your younger son-if the slow cooker is in use at home, Ricardo has a Slower is Better cookbook out now that might be ideal for your son to explore different meals and things to cook (on weekends when hydro is kinder to the wallet) with a slow cooker. But maybe he'd like Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals cookbook if he wants quicker results?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the well wishes-I am much better after 2 naps today and 4 pills-thank goodness for antibiotics!! I normally am never able to nap and when I dragged myself off the couch, I quipped to my husband-Man I must be sick as nomrally I can only nap when sick or pregnant and I am pretty sure I am not that!! Haha.

CG-I hope you feel better soon-you might have to get an antibiotic too before your doctors office closes for Xmas and it gets a little trickier finding medical care.

I was warned this antibiotic combo can be hard on the stomach and it is-just eating a yogurt to try and add some good bacteria back in to my stomach. Still I can put up with a bit of tummy pain to save my vision/eye and the tissue under it!! Back to bed again.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Off to hockey. I've been awake sine 2. Guess I'm excited for Christmas vacation
    Natalka and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well fever went away last night slept like a baby -yes lizzie I was watching if I needed antibiotics -but alas today I feel way better -using the neti-pot I am sure helped and emerg-c is great too -plus rest yesterday
    - I wrote in my personal calendar in my purse when I was sick this year 9 times between ear infection ,chest colds ,flu and strep throat (twice)-I am sure if I wasn't watching ashlyn I would not have half of this
    -and I do eat healthy too last night made an egg omelet with cheese and fresh broccoli cut up in it -I think my immune system is not that great -I do take probiotic pills also sometimes anyway-
    -gonna try to bake this afternoon just chocolate chip cookies -as I told daughter I would make a tin of cookies for her
    Natalka, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well fever went away last night slept like a baby -yes lizzie I was watching if I needed antibiotics -but alas today I feel way better -using the neti-pot I am sure helped and emerg-c is great too -plus rest yesterday
    - I wrote in my personal calendar in my purse when I was sick this year 9 times between ear infection ,chest colds ,flu and strep throat (twice)-I am sure if I wasn't watching ashlyn I would not have half of this
    -and I do eat healthy too last night made an egg omelet with cheese and fresh broccoli cut up in it -I think my immune system is not that great -I do take probiotic pills also sometimes anyway-
    -gonna try to bake this afternoon just chocolate chip cookies -as I told daughter I would make a tin of cookies for her
    Hopefully you leave all your sickness in 2016 and you are sick free in 2017!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Plus 2 here today. Light rain on my way to work. I live on a crescent and always thought I seemed to get the most of the snow from the plow at the end of my driveway (so much more then neighbours) I confirmed it today after dropping DS at the arena. Guess its the way the road curves.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama I live on the curve of a crescent and yep we are blessed with the extra snow from the plow -way more than neighbours for sure
    -well hubby came in with a lot of gifts from the school bus kids 60.00 in tim hortons and mcdonalds gift cards in total -nice he will have free coffee's and cheese bagels for awhile
    -plus pot of gold ,p.c cheese bites and a cute stainless steel bus driver keychain oh and my favourite turtles -nice gifts
    -I need a few groceries many fruit and veggies milk bread may go to freshco on Friday and get hubby to watch ashlyn as it 10 minutes from my son's house

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I can relate to the snow issues-we live at the end of a long square facing Northeast.When the North window blows all the snow blows straight down into our driveway. Luckily we have a reverse pie lot so very little sidewalk out front and a fairly short double drive-the majority of our lot is at the back and at the increasingly wider sides-ie the very front of our lot is only 33 feet wide but at the back of the lot it is 85 feet wide-and at the longest side it is 171 feet deep vs 123 on the shorter side. We seem to have a permanent pond or frozen glacier at the end of our driveway for about 6 months every winter!! Mind you we have a mountain view on the back and our living spaces face the back of the house so we get the SW exposure and lots of sun-of course if I were to choose a building lot again I would now realize the back deck would be too hot to sit out on in the summer and I had no idea that at least here they only put sidewalks on one side of the street in the newer subdivisons and of course we got it! At least we are not on a corner lot with mega shovelling-anyway first world problems-I do appreciate that we have a warm roof over our head and really nice neighbours as their houses are very close at the front and then much further away at the back of our house!!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:13 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I can relate to the snow issues-we live at the end of a long square facing Northeast.When the North window blows all the snow blows straight down into our driveway. Luckily we have a reverse pie lot so very little sidewalk out front and a fairly short double drive-the majority of our lot is at the back and at the increasingly wider sides-ie the very front of our lot is only 33 feet wide but at the back of the lot it is 85 feet wide-and at the longest side it is 171 feet deep vs 123 on the shorter side. We seem to have a permanent pond or frozen glacier at the end of our driveway for about 6 months every winter!! Mind you we have a mountain view on the back and our living spaces face the back of the house so we get the SW exposure and lots of sun-of course if I were to choose a building lot again I would now realize the back deck would be too hot to sit out on in the summer and I had no idea that at least here they only put sidewalks on one side of the street in the newer subdivisons and of course we got it! At least we are not on a corner lot with mega shovelling-anyway first world problems-I do appreciate that we have a warm roof over our head and really nice neighbours as their houses are very close at the front and then much further away at the back of our house!!
    Yes, the other day as I was closing the garage after tucking in my newer reliable vehicle I was feeling blessed. Very lucky to have what we have and need to stop and take it in now and again. Having good neighbours is important! I am lucky that I live on a quiet street and all my neighbours are very nice. One reason I haven't sold (our market is hot!) Never know who I could get stuck next door.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    frugalbigmama I live on the curve of a crescent and yep we are blessed with the extra snow from the plow -way more than neighbours for sure
    -well hubby came in with a lot of gifts from the school bus kids 60.00 in tim hortons and mcdonalds gift cards in total -nice he will have free coffee's and cheese bagels for awhile
    -plus pot of gold ,p.c cheese bites and a cute stainless steel bus driver keychain oh and my favourite turtles -nice gifts
    -I need a few groceries many fruit and veggies milk bread may go to freshco on Friday and get hubby to watch ashlyn as it 10 minutes from my son's house
    Lucky us!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-did I forget to mention, that after all my careful research and DNA results, that I have discovered I am related to you-5th cousin twice removed, and I am thinking maybe I will soon need a new laptop too!! Lol. Not sure who was getting the laptop in your last Xmas thread post(see below) but I couldn't resist having a little fun-certainly that laptop is a very generous gift-Merry Christmas and enjoy the holiday season!

"I found the deal on my last gift to purchase (laptop!) My sister went to a store in her city and sent me prices/specs etc. (if I went with that she would go back and buy it for me) But I think my final decision is made and I can buy it myself
    Just going to check out the reviews and get my honey's opinion and then I will make the purchase. So happy to have found the deal!"
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:32 AM.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Delete please.. Tried to add quotes and messed it up!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Dec 22nd, 2016 at 01:30 PM.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    FBM-did I forget to mention, that after all my careful research and DNA results, that I have discovered I am related to you-5th cousin twice removed, and I am thinking maybe I will soon need a new laptop too!! Lol. Not sure who was getting the laptop in your last Xmas thread post(see below) but I couldn't resist having a little fun-certainly that laptop is a very generous gift-Merry Christmas and enjoy the holiday season!

"I found the deal on my last gift to purchase (laptop!) My sister went to a store in her city and sent me prices/specs etc. (if I went with that she would go back and buy it for me) But I think my final decision is made and I can buy it myself
    Just going to check out the reviews and get my honey's opinion and then I will make the purchase. So happy to have found the deal!"
    Lol.. It is for my youngest- I don't buy toys every Friday like some people I know or eat out at fancy restaurants with the kids all the time so I like to splurge at Christmas. And he is a good kid and deserves it (and on his Christmas list...even though he researched them and talks about it every single day.)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Dec 22nd, 2016 at 01:32 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just went to Canadian Tire to check something out. Which I forgot to look for. WOW. those with young kids can do all their shopping and get deals! I bought my niece the Crazy Forts kit for $16.99!!! (for her birthday) These were $59.99 and more at one time. And so many lego sets and dolls etc.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information