User Tag List

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2233Likes

Thread: December 2016 Frugal Chatter thread (all welcome)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Congrats Sweet Sparrow and wow what a story.

Merry Christmas everyone.

This week has been a bit of a blur for me. I ended up working from home Tuesday to Thursday as I was not feeling well, some think I caught a bug but I think more then anything it was the stress and anxiety getting to me. I was kind of worried about Friday as we had our company lunch but all was good I got a ride from someone and not stress or anxiety.

I have now completed all 3 Christmas events, Friday was our company lunch which doesn't feel like a work event as much as a very large family gathering. This year we had assigned seating to break us up from out normal groups. I ended up with our production manager who has been with the company since I was 1, my replacement on order desk, one of our counter guys from my home location, my cousin's counter guy and a shippers from one of out out of town locations. Some said my advantage was unfair since I work in all our branches I know everyone there really wasn't anyone they could seat me with I did not know.

Last night we were at Dad's. Both Bros had their GF their, half bro we know him and his GF are going to get married we are all just waiting for him to put a ring on it but they are waiting as she just graduated from University and is working to find a job in her field. Other Bros GF is newer they just started dating but she is the complete opposite of his normal type and he is a totally different person since she entered the pic, we think she is a keeper but waiting for him to give some more info. Sis BF couldn`t make it, which I hate to say was nice as she was back to her old self being their alone, when he is there neither of them interact with the family where is she was with us the whole night. Now that we are older it is more about hanging out and catching up since out work lives are so all over the place.

I already knew what my Christmas present was, my Dad paid for my flight to Hawaii. We also all got a tickets to go snorkeling and have a BBQ dinner on the boat which will be as fun as that is booked for my birthday. There will also be another adventure booked for my half bro birthday as we will be in Hawaii for his birthday as well as our birthdays are exactly a week apart so we fly out 2 days before my birthday
    and fly back 2 days after his.

I found out our flights will be a different this time, Dad, Step Mom and me fly out 45 minutes before the rest but will then meet up with everyone in Denver and we will all be on the same flight to Hawaii. Sis is coming home early so will have to travel back alone. Coming home both Bros, and Half Bro GF and me are on the same flights but Dad and Step Mom will be 45 minutes behind us and are actually taking a different route back, we are going through San Francisco but not sure where Dad and Step Mom are going through.

Today was at Mom`s nothing big as it is just the 3 of us which is nice. Kept it pretty simple and Mom got her Turkey Dinner, me and bro aren`t fan of turkey.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season, We are now off work till the 9th so it is time to kick back and relax.
    Hope you are feeling better
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    http://www.clixsense.com/?3468936

Qriket referral code. ACF353

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Was crazy and set my alarm for 6 am to hit RCSS. Was in the car and here in 1st 10 mins of opening. Left with nothing. Drove in freezing rain. Save my money!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all -we celebrate xmas today with our kids -son worked all weekend and daughter went back to Toronto with her family -so it was just hubby and I yesterday didn't mind at all my sister-in-law dropped by with gifts for the grankids and my son called us from his in -laws at 7.00 p.m asking if we wished to go over for a tiny visit -well we did it was nice
    -well gotta go pack up all the presents and we are off at noon for our busy day

p.s I online shopped yesterday it was early -body shop had 50% off and free shipping spent 26.00 oh and the bay had up to 80% off -got myself p'j bottoms ,2 tops ,xmas shopped for next year already some nice socks for the guys ,hubby got a long sleeve top -I spent 60.91 but ebates gave back 12.5 % so I got 6.74 back from ebates awesome deals
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Dec 26th, 2016 at 08:59 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Congrats Sweet Sparrow and wow what a story.

Merry Christmas everyone.

This week has been a bit of a blur for me. I ended up working from home Tuesday to Thursday as I was not feeling well, some think I caught a bug but I think more then anything it was the stress and anxiety getting to me. I was kind of worried about Friday as we had our company lunch but all was good I got a ride from someone and not stress or anxiety.

I have now completed all 3 Christmas events, Friday was our company lunch which doesn't feel like a work event as much as a very large family gathering. This year we had assigned seating to break us up from out normal groups. I ended up with our production manager who has been with the company since I was 1, my replacement on order desk, one of our counter guys from my home location, my cousin's counter guy and a shippers from one of out out of town locations. Some said my advantage was unfair since I work in all our branches I know everyone there really wasn't anyone they could seat me with I did not know.

Last night we were at Dad's. Both Bros had their GF their, half bro we know him and his GF are going to get married we are all just waiting for him to put a ring on it but they are waiting as she just graduated from University and is working to find a job in her field. Other Bros GF is newer they just started dating but she is the complete opposite of his normal type and he is a totally different person since she entered the pic, we think she is a keeper but waiting for him to give some more info. Sis BF couldn`t make it, which I hate to say was nice as she was back to her old self being their alone, when he is there neither of them interact with the family where is she was with us the whole night. Now that we are older it is more about hanging out and catching up since out work lives are so all over the place.

I already knew what my Christmas present was, my Dad paid for my flight to Hawaii. We also all got a tickets to go snorkeling and have a BBQ dinner on the boat which will be as fun as that is booked for my birthday. There will also be another adventure booked for my half bro birthday as we will be in Hawaii for his birthday as well as our birthdays are exactly a week apart so we fly out 2 days before my birthday
    and fly back 2 days after his.

I found out our flights will be a different this time, Dad, Step Mom and me fly out 45 minutes before the rest but will then meet up with everyone in Denver and we will all be on the same flight to Hawaii. Sis is coming home early so will have to travel back alone. Coming home both Bros, and Half Bro GF and me are on the same flights but Dad and Step Mom will be 45 minutes behind us and are actually taking a different route back, we are going through San Francisco but not sure where Dad and Step Mom are going through.

Today was at Mom`s nothing big as it is just the 3 of us which is nice. Kept it pretty simple and Mom got her Turkey Dinner, me and bro aren`t fan of turkey.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season, We are now off work till the 9th so it is time to kick back and relax.
    Sounds like you were very busy celebrating

What a very nice gift airplane tickets to Hawaii, I'm sure it will be a very memorable trip for all. Can't wait to hear about your adventures
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Mom is working today and I am not one to go out shopping on Boxing Day so I looked around a little online but did not see anything I really needed or any deals that I just had to have. Works for me means no $$$ spent.

I have to look into applying for a Nexus card, my whole family and the boy's GF have them so it was suggested I should get mine before we travel. It looks simple enough but cannot find out how long it takes other then due to high volume but does not give any lead times.

I think today I am just going to rest and relax. I want to do some cooking for the freezer so I think I will make a game plan, plan my recipes I want to make see if we need any groceries but for the most part just spend today on the couch.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning everyone,
    @Frugalbigmama how disappointed to venture out in the bad weather and not find any deals but like you said you still have the $ in your pockets.

DH endulged a little too much in adult bevies last night so we won't be venturing out to return items or Boxing Day shop.

Our truck is scheduled for an oil change and another issue which will be covered under a part warranty.

I need to get dh to sit down later this week to do the January budget.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Two Dec. 31 coupons need to get used this week-the others got shredded as they were not needed. Anyone who needs Gold Bond should put their WM Live Better coupons to use as they expires on Saturday.
    Am doing a bit of online looking at what is on sale at stores. Will go on Wednesday to see what is actually on the sales racks. Have come up with at least 4 ways to spend the Jan. 5 HST credit-have to play with the list and decide on the final version.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We ventured out to Ottawa....ooooyyy....Ds2 got a different pair of winter boots as the Woods brand ones he has and which were purchased in November are awful, his feet freeze and it's not even cold outside. So the new pair comes from Cabela's so fingers crossed they keep his feet warm, they have 1000g of Thinsulate so that's quite a lot.

Then off to return the Choc. fondue fountain and personal blender (from dh & I) and a game from MIL.

So apparently MIL will have to return the Christmas gifts because ds2 does not want a gift card for WM, Toys R Us so dh will talk with her tomorrow.

I agree with @Frugalbigmama there really are no bargains to be had.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well ladies had a lovely xmas (boxing day at my daughter's) lovely high end roast beef and a brown sugar ham (she made a coating)just had a little disagreement with my daughter we were suppose to eat at 5.30 and relatives -my nefew and his wife were coming from quebec to toronto so it was planned for them to arrive at 4.00 the we would sit down and eat at 5.30 well all I asked at 6.00 was when are we eating and it set my daughter off saying it was hard getting all this prepared with a new baby (I had offered to do it, at my house ) but she didn't want it -I feel she was holding off for my nefew so he and his wife could have a nice hot meal meanwhile we were ready to eat well we ate at 6.40 -ashlyn had some soup way before that as she is little -company came at 7.40 and they warmed up their meal -they were late due to an accident near Bellville
    -its so funny as I know I have an out spoken daughter and that will never change -we both hugged and it was fine
    -for gifts from our kids we got a new k-cup machine -much needed and cordless phones -much needed a few gift cards
    -I got a lovely ornament with a picture of ashlyn and Sebastian on it for the tree

-just got 2 items cancelled for hubby and me from the bay cancelled so saved 26.00 but just now ordered hubby a wool London fog pea coat in grey $63 at the bay in xlarge -hope it fits as he doesn't own a nice car coat
    -I have a London fogwinter coat I bought like 10 years ago from zellers -I paid a 110.00 back then and it still looks like new and I was able to fit in their large size -so hoping this fits hubby the price is excellent then ebates on top -oh yeah

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well ladies had a lovely xmas (boxing day at my daughter's) lovely high end roast beef and a brown sugar ham (she made a coating)just had a little disagreement with my daughter we were suppose to eat at 5.30 and relatives -my nefew and his wife were coming from quebec to toronto so it was planned for them to arrive at 4.00 the we would sit down and eat at 5.30 well all I asked at 6.00 was when are we eating and it set my daughter off saying it was hard getting all this prepared with a new baby (I had offered to do it, at my house ) but she didn't want it -I feel she was holding off for my nefew so he and his wife could have a nice hot meal meanwhile we were ready to eat well we ate at 6.40 -ashlyn had some soup way before that as she is little -company came at 7.40 and they warmed up their meal -they were late due to an accident near Bellville
    -its so funny as I know I have an out spoken daughter and that will never change -we both hugged and it was fine
    -for gifts from our kids we got a new k-cup machine -much needed and cordless phones -much needed a few gift cards
    -I got a lovely ornament with a picture of ashlyn and Sebastian on it for the tree

-just got 2 items cancelled for hubby and me from the bay cancelled so saved 26.00 but just now ordered hubby a wool London fog pea coat in grey $63 at the bay in xlarge -hope it fits as he doesn't own a nice car coat
    -I have a London fogwinter coat I bought like 10 years ago from zellers -I paid a 110.00 back then and it still looks like new and I was able to fit in their large size -so hoping this fits hubby the price is excellent then ebates on top -oh yeah
    Nice of your daughter to host and we can all understand how overwhelming hosting a big dinner can PLUS add a new baby and well schedules no longer exist. Sounds like it all turned out fantastic in the end.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Yesterday while out shopping I needed milk so ran it and used up my 4x FPC wing wong so that is supper tonight.

Our truck is ready for pickup, dh left FIL a message to see if he can drive us to pick it up. Then off to Home Depot as dh left our drywall tools at the cottage so we need to buy new ones, oh well not much can be done. We are also going to pickup a can of paint so that dh can paint once the drywall is done this week or next.

I haven't heard from the contractor AND I'm really not holding my breath, getting people to work in our area is like pulling teeth. All the people that are extremely busy and reputable are way out of our price range and those that can start tomorrow are not worth having.

It sounds like dh & ds1 will tackle the new powder room once the back entrance is all painted, etc. It's a good news bad news scenario but we have to roll with the punches.

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well Christmas is done for another year! We had a lovely few days but I have decided hosting 15 plus for Christmas Eve and then again on Christmas day is starting to be a bit much for me!! We ended up with extra people at the last minute and it stressed me to no end on Christmas day. My oldest daughter's husband has a son from a previous relationship when he was very young, they shared raising him with his mother who is very rough around the edges until he went sideways at 14, lets just say he is still a very bad adult now. Well he showed up with a girl friend at the last minute with no notice with very expensive gifts for everyone, mostly of the alcohol variety and proceeded to pour shots for everyone. I truly believe Christmas is not to tie one on and it bothered my daughter and her husband, they don't see much of him because his lifestyle choices are less than desirable.I spent tons of time with him as a young boy but I kind of cut ties with him when I thought he was going to influence my son into doing the things he does. Anyway it added a bit of stress to my day and had to squeeze two more people at the table to make a total of 17 because, my daughters friend decided not to travel at the last minute as well. Anyway I have decided to do one big meal Christmas eve next year and put out leftovers and snacks Christmas day, I feel like all I did was cook and pick up after people and did not have a chance to relax and enjoy the day. I am pooped, and we had a very late gift opening Christmas day because on of my son in laws came down with a stomach bug and we waited for him to get up once the gravol kicked in! Two people have caught it so far and I am crossing my fingers I do not!!
    My son left today for winter camping and that is always a worry, cougars are bad this year and It is all I can think about. He sent me a snap chat of the lean to they built and they look cozy but I will be glad when he gets home on Friday.
    I did go out today and do a bit of shopping for next year, Sears had all their costume jewelry on sale for 70% off and with 3 daughters and and a granddaughter it was an easy decision to pick up some pieces for stockings! I grabbed some cute Christmas socks for 70% off as well as some slippers for future gifts.
    Well i am off to make pastry for turkey pies for the freezer, I cooked a 28 pounder and even with all the people there are a lot of leftovers and I will be happy I did it when I want a lazy day later in the month!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm just checking in.
    We spent 3 days in Saskatoon with family. The roads back were awesome even though Estevan received 17cm of snow from that blizzard, which means our city is a mess.

This is is the meat my dad sent us home with. It all fit in our regular blue and white cooler.
    3 Hutterite chickens
    1 boneless pork loin rib half
    5 lean ground beef
    5 ground mule deer
    1 large moose hip roast
    2 small sirloin tip steaks
    1 small moose loin chops
    1 large white tailed deer roast
    3 zippered bags of deer and moose jerky. My dad is rusty at making jerky, so he over dried it. The butcher did the two other bags, but he didn't use a good recipe. They are hot from pepper and a bit over dried, but we won't complain about free meat.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Dec 27th, 2016 at 10:19 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well done SS-I was starting to worry in case you or the baby were unwell but I figured you were likely just too run off your feet to post!! Congratulations on your new wee daughter!! So let me get this straight-you worked until the 9th and then she was born the next morning? Amazing timing your little girl has-and very considerate of her busy Mum.Wish I was closer to come and help since your help seems to be dwindling. Take care and Merry Xmas to you and all other SC'ers!

P.S. I am sure FBM will run out and do your shopping for you today-lol.
    @lizzie bargain : The baby has been unwell, but only due to poor feeding. There will be another weigh in later this week, but only recently have we stopped making daily hospital and medical visits. Thank goodness, because parking at the hospital is $15!!! The baby has also been throwing up or spitting up her milk, sometimes up to three or four times between feeds, for up to two hours afterwards. I fret about how much is actually retained and contributing to her body weight.

Yes, I worked a full day the day before and then it was an eventful birth the very next morning! The 15 minute labour and delivery was very considerate of her and she was in a big hurry to see the outside world!

Thank you for volunteering FBM to do the shopping for me! RCSS is quite out of the question for the next year or so and it's my favourite place to shop!

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information