User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey everyone,

Pokémon Sun and Moon came out November 18th so it’s time to start trying to catch ‘em all! The great thing about these games too is you don’t even need to purchase a physical copy. Download cards are available at almost any gaming store, but can also be purchased at your local Loblaws, Sobeys or Canadian Tire for only $49.99. Go in and pick up a card and start hunting!

Happy shopping!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Loblaws, Sobeys

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Why even buy the card? You can just purchase on the Nintendo Store on your consoles. Unless you get points at those stores?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey EvilTofu,

I think the real selling point for these cards is the fact that it's almost Christmas time. These cards will make perfect gifts to give to any Pokemon fan, especially if you're buying someone a Nintendo 3DS as a gift too. They're great because you can still give a physical gift and put it in someones stocking for example, but the game will still be downloaded directly to the console so there's no need to worry about carrying around a physical copy of the game.

Happy shopping!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

But wouldn't it make more sense to buy a Nintendo gift card? So the recipient can download any game he or she wants. Besides, Pokemon fans should all have bought it by now. And you really don't know if they prefer Sun or Moon version.

I find these troubling because they are marketed to non-gamers to give gamers. As an avid gamer, the problem with digital game is that you can't sell them when you are done. I would prefer Playstation card or Nintendo cards so that I can use them towards DLC.

I have gotten so many games that I don't like at all. Like Heavy Rain, Ni no Kuni... Watch Dog is the worst. They market heavily, so muggles would buy them for gamer friends. If you get physical copies, you can trade them in for games you really want.

Just to warn you the sneaky thing about these cards so you won't waste your money.

Good luck gift shopping.

Thread Information