User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Walmart charging 5 cents a bag

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I got stopped at the door by a WM security guard because I had a large bag of cat food that wasn't bagged like the rest of my items. I was really mad! First they charge their customers for bags and then randomly accuse them of theft because they don't use them. And of all the things to accuse me of stealing!
    You could answer their receipt survey and give your opinion of the bag situation and being treated like a criminal.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Apr 8th, 2017 at 12:02 PM.
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    You could answer their receipt survey and give your opinion of the bag situation and being treated like a criminal.
    I facebooked them and got the standard "So sorry. We'll contact the manager." response.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So I'm curious: what does everyone use in their kitchen waste bins? Nothing at all? We use those plastic bags (when we don't bring in our own re-usable ones) in our kitchen and other waste baskets. I mean.....do people actuall BUY plastic kitchen bags and pay for those to toss into the environment?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    So I'm curious: what does everyone use in their kitchen waste bins? Nothing at all? We use those plastic bags (when we don't bring in our own re-usable ones) in our kitchen and other waste baskets. I mean.....do people actuall BUY plastic kitchen bags and pay for those to toss into the environment?
    Yes. We actually buy kitchen bags. Our bin in the kitchen is too big for the grocery store bags so we spend money on bags that go out in the environment. Besides, I do 95% of my shopping at RCSS so I don't get bags to use in the kitchen.
    Lynn49, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use kitchen bags also. They go into the green bin along with the waste in them.

Given I throw out maybe one actual bag of garbage every month I think I am doing pretty good on the recycling front anyway. Cannot be perfect.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes? What else would you use if you aren't willing to pay for store bags?

No offense intended, but I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Regardless if one pays for the bags or not, kitchen bags or Walmart bags, the plastic winds up in the environment anyway.

But then, reduction of waste is not about being charged for the bags, it's about reducing the amount of waste you produce and send to the landfill.
    ROMEO, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

When I first saw food waste bin bags for sale at WM a number of years ago I cracked up! I thought who would pay for bags when WM was giving more than I needed for my cat litter jobs and to line my food bin with.
    Now how things have changed.
    At one time we had so many store bags I placed a big stockpile in the garage and another in the basement. Those are depleting at an alarming rate now because I won't pay for new ones when I shop.
    sigh.....I sometimes shop at GT ( on purpose ) just to get a few of their plastic bags, ( they don't charge )
    abbasgirl, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Not "getting at" anything here, @bhlombardy . It was merely a question.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I make a point to keep tabs on the price of unscented Selection kitchen garbage bags at Metro, which has them on sale now and then but not my local Food Basics (have not seen a sale on same item ever). Otherwise the rest of the garbage containers take the grocery store bags but we don't always have enough each week so-I either buy a few or see if there is a large enough plastic produce bag or other store bag that can be used.
    Dad has a stockpile of scented Glad bags but they are shelved and not used. I intend to move some of them to the garage which is almost out of the Kirkland white garbage bags for the garage waste bin. He has also stocked too many of the kitchen waste bags for the green bin--my plan is to use them up and figure out a way to restore the mini green bin in the house so I can revert to using free newspaper as the liners (more frequent trips to big green cart).
    barbis9 and rockco like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I make a point to keep tabs on the price of unscented Selection kitchen garbage bags at Metro, which has them on sale now and then but not my local Food Basics (have not seen a sale on same item ever). Otherwise the rest of the garbage containers take the grocery store bags but we don't always have enough each week so-I either buy a few or see if there is a large enough plastic produce bag or other store bag that can be used.
    Dad has a stockpile of scented Glad bags but they are shelved and not used. I intend to move some of them to the garage which is almost out of the Kirkland white garbage bags for the garage waste bin. He has also stocked too many of the kitchen waste bags for the green bin--my plan is to use them up and figure out a way to restore the mini green bin in the house so I can revert to using free newspaper as the liners (more frequent trips to big green cart).
    @Ciel , I'm sure I've seen rolls of kitchen bags at dollar-type stores, although I don't know what sizes they were...wouldn't they be a pretty good deal?
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I may have once purchased a roll of kitchen type garbage bags but noticed that Dad buys bags without checking what size is needed. Does that with other categories of products, hence my past posts of wanting a dumpster on the driveway so I can pitch out all the variations that are not needed. I can dream.
    Lynn49, barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have so many plastic grocery bags still from long time ago and use them in the kitchen and sprinkle baking soda inside. The little plastic bags that the newspaper comes in (when it's raining) I use for the litter box. I keep my reusable ones on the front passenger seat of my car so that I don't have to buy any at the store.
    Lynn49 and rockco like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information