User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: 2017 Financial Resolutions (post your resolutions & updates) All welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I enjoy reading everyones goals and don't normally post but wanted to say that ever since DH and I have been actively pursuing the vegan lifestyle I've noticed the drastic savings in our grocery bills. Almost half I'd say. Atleast 1/3 for sure in savings!

So my suggestion is to cut out meat more often in your weekly menu. Its really more easy then one would think. For breakfasts there are pancakes, cereal, smoothies, oatmeal, fruit, toast. For lunch you can make egg salad instead of deli meat. For dinners it is easier then you think - replace meat with beans, rice, pasta, tofu (once you learn to cook it then it tastes good) which is $1/lb. Where can you get meat for a dollar a pound?!

Anyways just some suggestions.
    Meat is so expensive, glad you are both onboard on doing meatless.

Enjoy the savings
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    Great thread. I really dropped the ball last year, faced some personal issues and I'm really not quite back to feeling like myself but I want to try to get things back on track.

Therefore my financial goals for this year:

1. Coupon and sale planning better. I easily get overwhelmed with coupons because they can get out of hand so fast. I am going to only take and collect what I need so organization won't be a nightmare, but I want to make a solid effort to get better at this again to save our family some money.
    2. Tighten the purse strings. I really stopped tracking our budget in the middle of last year. I have a hope of possible moving to a new house this year (probably a pipe dream, but one can dream nonetheless). Plus there are a bunch of other big changes coming for our family this year so I really want to start saving, paying down our debt and putting money away for things we will need.
    3. Purge the house and sell whatever we can. This money will all go towards debt repayment. I feel like I am drowning in my own house, so this will potentially be a win win situation if I can find the time/energy to achieve this.

I really hope that I can get back on track. Last year was rough and I'm having a hard time getting back to me. Being in control of these things and reaching goals helps me feel better so I'm really going to push for this this year.
    Great goals

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    my financial goal for 2017 is a few points
    -continue to use coupons and price match and do checkout51 and caddle -as I have couponed for 30 some odd years and I will try to beat last years coupon usage -oh and ebates too-oh and I never pay shipping online -I haven't yet -I buy the amount they want like the bay has 45.00 with my credit card or wait til free shipping days
    -buy used as I did today I got 3 ladies lovely tops for 11.97 at value village after 50% off with my saver card -still buy new but always on sale or some kind of discount
    -every month save a $100 or more for that rainy day
    -but still treat ourselves the odd time in life -if its eating out or something new in clothing
    You are so great at bargain hunting

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    My 2017 Financial Resolutions are

1. Continue to save up PC plus points, sdm points, leger web survery $ and swagbucks for Christmas.
    IN 2016 we had $880 in pc points, 3x 95K redemptions & 1x 50K at sdm, $40 in legerweb surveys

2. Continue to meal plan and take meat out the night before.

3. Continue to price match and use as many coupons as possible.

4. Purchase a 2nd vehicle. (see #5) - DONE
    We purchased a Dodge Charger, paperwork was signed Thurs. January 5th and dh is picking up the vehicle this evening Wed. January 11th. The kids don't know so it will be a nice surprise tonight

5. January through June put all of dh's pays aside to rebuild bank account(s) after purchasing Vehicle - This is now in full throttle as we purchased the 2nd vehicle (goal #4 above)

6. Continue to save before we buy, it makes such a difference and makes us accountable for our spending and future goals

7. Put in new powder room downstairs

8. Set up a new account for family vacation (smaller trip in 2017 and hopefully a larger (winter getaway in 2018) - Put all medical/dental reimbursements into this account going forward as savings

Cottage Goals

1. Have an electrician do the wiring at the cottage which will be ran off a generator.

2. Hire someone to close in the cottage, including facia and balcony.

3. Hire a drywaller for the upstairs loft at the cottage and have laminate flooring installed (flooring is already purchased)

4. Continue to post items for sale and tuck the funds away for designated project

5. Build a main entry way (enclosed) at the cottage.
    updated as of January 11th
    Newfiescreech and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday tomorrow!
    Moving grocery and misc. money forward.
    Credit cards paid in full (one with credit)
    Points all accounted for.

Livingroom has been painted (No cost- paint was purchased last year. My honey painted (he is good!) so treating myself to new curtains ) Love Love Love it! Just have to wash the floors and purchase my new curtains this weekend and get them up. Now I want my bedroom painted

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My 2017 Financial Resolutions are

1. Continue to save up PC plus points, sdm points, leger web survery $ and swagbucks for Christmas.
    IN 2016 we had $880 in pc points, 3x 95K redemptions & 1x 50K at sdm, $40 in legerweb surveys

2. Continue to meal plan and take meat out the night before.

3. Continue to price match and use as many coupons as possible.

4. Purchase a 2nd vehicle. (see #5) - DONE
    We purchased a Dodge Charger, paperwork was signed Thurs. January 5th and dh is picking up the vehicle this evening Wed. January 11th. The kids don't know so it will be a nice surprise tonight

5. January through June put all of dh's pays aside to rebuild bank account(s) after purchasing Vehicle - This is now in full throttle as we purchased the 2nd vehicle (goal #4 above)

6. Continue to save before we buy, it makes such a difference and makes us accountable for our spending and future goals

7. Put in new powder room downstairs

8. Set up a new account for family vacation (smaller trip in 2017 and hopefully a larger (winter getaway in 2018) - Put all medical/dental reimbursements into this account going forward as savings

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

I transferred dh's work pay into 1 of the accounts we borrowed from to purchase our car. Baby steps....

How's everyone doing with their goals????
    Newfiescreech and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

way to go jasper-well this month was able to save a bit more into the savings (not as many bills and charge card was kept to a minimum (which we always pay off in full)
    -have already got ashly'ns gift for easter bought for half off with my gap bucks -just have to buy Sebastian's gift waiting to use my gap bucks end of feb -life is always planning for the next deal right ladies or the next discount
    -still posting stuff on kijiji -just sold an item tonight 6.00 -so made 22.00 this month -just like the surveys -as my dear mom always use to say "slow and steady wins the race"

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    way to go jasper-well this month was able to save a bit more into the savings (not as many bills and charge card was kept to a minimum (which we always pay off in full)
    -have already got ashly'ns gift for easter bought for half off with my gap bucks -just have to buy Sebastian's gift waiting to use my gap bucks end of feb -life is always planning for the next deal right ladies or the next discount
    -still posting stuff on kijiji -just sold an item tonight 6.00 -so made 22.00 this month -just like the surveys -as my dear mom always use to say "slow and steady wins the race"
    you're doing great, having a plan is key and you're such a great planner and shopper you make it seem easy
    coupon girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    January will be a "no-spend" month so my points won't be building much but wanted to see where I start for the year.
    As of today:

502 Airmiles ($50 Foodland/Metro)
    550,000 PC Plus #1 ($550.00)
    13,375 PC Plus #2 (13.00)
    219,734 Shoppers Optimum (370.00)
    $21.25 CT $ on the card
    $20.00 Plus Paper CT $
    Update for end of month.

553 Airmiles (Received a 50 airmiles bonus from Airmilesshops.ca for some reason)
    573,084 PC pts #1 (Bonus of 5000 PC PTS added to my account for some reason "MasterCard"
    18,575 PC pts #2
    229,264 SDM pts (shopped for work and loaded points coupon)
    25.15 CT $ on the card (gassed up- used GC purchased for less)
    $20 + CT paper money

$273.75 moved forward for groceries. Happy to have a good balance moved forward. Should have it a little higher next month too since I plan to just buy fresh stuff and use pile of change in my purse

$51.28 Credit on a credit card I don't use on a regular basis. I'm building the credit for a Costco shopping spree

Have been good trying to use up our freezer stuff and not buying more. Haven't been cooking many big meals this past week so will get back at it this week and hope to see more room in the freezer.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jan 30th, 2017 at 11:41 AM.
    coupon girl and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Update for end of month.

553 Airmiles (Received a 50 airmiles bonus from Airmilesshops.ca for some reason)
    573,084 PC pts #1 (Bonus of 5000 PC PTS added to my account for some reason "MasterCard"
    18,575 PC pts #2
    229,264 SDM pts (shopped for work and loaded points coupon)
    25.15 CT $ on the card (gassed up- used GC purchased for less)
    $20 + CT paper money

$273.75 moved forward for groceries. Happy to have a good balance moved forward. Should have it a little higher next month too since I plan to just buy fresh stuff and use pile of change in my purse

$51.28 Credit on a credit card I don't use on a regular basis. I'm building the credit for a Costco shopping spree

Have been good trying to use up our freezer stuff and not buying more. Haven't been cooking many big meals this past week so will get back at it this week and hope to see more room in the freezer.
    Great job on tracking your rewards

Do you still have stuff in your moms freezer?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

DH & I sat down and did the budget for February so we're all set.

Don't forget to include Valentine's Day in your February budget

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Great job on tracking your rewards

Do you still have stuff in your moms freezer?
    Only about 10 packages of perogies! We went and cleared our stuff out a few weeks ago- Tons of whole chickens and family trays of beef. Will be making burgers on the bbq one night this weekend and thinking a rotisserie chicken and the fixings on Sunday. Have to use them up before we buy anymore meat!
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

My financial plans may be ruined as DH ex served us papers requesting insane things for child support. She's requesting all kinds of additional support. Their agreement hasn't been updated in years, and DH makes more now, which makes us think we may have to back pay her which could results in A LOT of money We also need a lawyer now. I'm freaking out. We have a toddler at home, another baby coming in July. We're supposed to finish our basement so step-daughter could have a room down there to make room for baby. We were planning on getting a second car for mat leave because we live so far out of town. Feeling so sick.
    ROMEO likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

End of January Update

Our grocery total for the end of January was $483.65. For the last half of 2016, we had been averaging between $600-$700 a month for Groceries, Toiletries & Household Supplies, so this month was quite the improvement. I know that is probably still a high amount for 2 people, but we buy a fair amount products from small business/local producers which are usually higher price than at the grocery store. I'm trying to find a good balance between supporting those small businesses and keeping our grocery budget under control.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    My financial plans may be ruined as DH ex served us papers requesting insane things for child support. She's requesting all kinds of additional support. Their agreement hasn't been updated in years, and DH makes more now, which makes us think we may have to back pay her which could results in A LOT of money We also need a lawyer now. I'm freaking out. We have a toddler at home, another baby coming in July. We're supposed to finish our basement so step-daughter could have a room down there to make room for baby. We were planning on getting a second car for mat leave because we live so far out of town. Feeling so sick.
    My DBIL is going through a similar situation with his ex at the moment, it sucks. Hang in there, I hope things turn out for you!
    jasperandchar likes this.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information