User Tag List

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: 2017 Financial Resolutions (post your resolutions & updates) All welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I redeemed $70 in PC pts on the weekend. I have wanted cushions for an outdoor teak set the previous home owner left for me. This was the year. Wanted to check out RCSS Saturday since they were 33% off and No Tax. So found 2 I like and added a tube of basil to hit the $70 mark. Still need a cushion for the couch but they didn't have any and only one pattern at our Canadian tire. It is not a big hurry so will keep looking around. Hopefully since it is raining today-next while that it will be nice on the weekend and we can set up our outdoor space.
    wimbly11, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Should be a productive and frugal weekend. Much needed house projects will be completed tomorrow. (have everything we need, hooks, switches, tub cartridge, dimmer switch, lightbulbs to replace one that are out) Thankful my man can do all these things.

Shopping- Fresh fruit and veggies and pulling meat from freezer. Plan to cook lots this weekend and plan meals from the leftovers. I just can't cook big meals during the week most nights because of sports or I am just too darn tired.

Kid clothing- I cleaned DS2's dresser and put all his new shorts in his drawer and pulled out all the too small ones. I really need to pull all his too small clothing from the closet. He needs NO summer clothing. He has lots of sport shorts so I can go a week without doing his laundry at least if needed. I think I will work on his closet Saturday and really get rid of stuff no longer needed.
    wimbly11, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Our local outdoor farmers market started today.... it is really going to test my resolve to stay on top of my grocery budget. I picked up some fresh lettuce, spinach and arugula, a basil plant and some local farmed & milled white whole wheat flour. Next week I'll be picking up some local beef for the BBQ. Surprisingly the local meat is very comparable to the grocery store prices, but its the local produce that is about 2-3x the cost, still its great produce so we really enjoy it. Looking forward to planting some garden veggies.

This week has been more expensive than normal getting DH ready for the quad trip, this is the first time he's gone so we had to buy him hip waders & a waterproof jacket. He leaves tomorrow, so I'll have all weekend to myself

Going to get a few more items listed for sale this weekend. A couple weeks ago we cleaned our garage, then last weekend we picked up a couple outdoor chairs & fire pit. So I'd like to sell the patio set my mom left behind for us when she moved. Its way too big and bulky for our space, and we never used it. DH also has a weight set that hasn't been used in over 5 years, so I'm going to get that out of our garage too.
    wimbly11, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaning up the budget before the long weekend. We don't need much food wise since we are trying to eat from the freezer and we are going away over night Sunday for a mini getaway.
    Both credit cards have credits on them. I went to Costco yesterday and picked up dog food and socks for DS and I etc. So need to go put cash on the card today so it still has a credit.
    Ciel, macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Inching closer and closer to DH and I being on EI at the same time....anxiety levels rising lol
    Ciel, lizzie bargain and macw1960 like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    Inching closer and closer to DH and I being on EI at the same time....anxiety levels rising lol
    could your dh do parental leave and you return to work shortly after the baby is born until your dh finds a new job? Not ideal but might make things more financially feasible, good luck
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

May has been a financially unfriendly month, can't argue the figures but heck, I hope June is nice to us (haha)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    could your dh do parental leave and you return to work shortly after the baby is born until your dh finds a new job? Not ideal but might make things more financially feasible, good luck
    I don't think so. He's being laid off. His place of employment is closing so I don't think that is an option for him.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I agree seemed like we ran low or ran out of a lot of things these months. Good news is we had the money set aside but just seems like every time I turn around there is something else going on the list.

Now to move on to the bigger ticket items and to start some of the smaller home renos.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    May has been a financially unfriendly month, can't argue the figures but heck, I hope June is nice to us (haha)
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday clean up. House and Car insurance annual premiums due. I paid the house one and have put the money on my credit car for the car insurance but have to still set up the payment.

Working on the house/garage this weekend but nothing needing money spent (have everything we need). We do have lots of empties to return to the beer store from the long winter
    macw1960 likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Painting the house, deck, and all fencing will take a big chunk this month. $ are there, just a little sticker shock when the chq actually will have to be written.
    macw1960 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

expensive month this month
    -central air conditioner went small part $175-done
    -car needed work done $500.00-done
    -off set umbrella bought 269.00 beginning of the month ,managed to get 30.00 back cause it went further on sale
    -plus paying for part of a trip for the month of july with family

-so everything went on the charge -will pay in full when it comes in-and that is why always having a small savings always helps my dear friends ,but still an expensive month for us
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget clean up.
    House and car insurance now paid for the next year. PC points received
    I have redeemed $90 in PC pts the past week.

SDM points- I have 233,124 pts. Not bad considering I redeemed 95,000 a few months ago and did get a Christmas gift to put away and house/food items.

Have tons of change to spend the next while will try to spend it instead of using my M/C. We don't need much so will just be picking up a few items here and there. (My fave MC has a $52 credit on it so lets see how long I can leave it like that lol)
    wimbly11 and macw1960 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Coming up on one year retirement. Happy to say budget is working out fine and even some surplus

Sent from my iPhone
    wimbly11, harbie, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday! Budget clean up.

All credit cards paid in full.
    $100 transferred to Christmas account.
    $40 transferred to 2018 Camp fund for DS.

Just need to grab a few groceries at lunch for dinner tonight that we are hosting. Just need romaine lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, basil and bread. We have everything else. Will use change to pay for it.

Should be a pretty frugal weekend. (Free events in town, free fireworks etc) Will make popcorn to bring
    macw1960 likes this.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information