User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By canadianwoman
  • 1 Post By Linda Evans
  • 2 Post By JDI007
  • 2 Post By annedougherty
  • 2 Post By Linda Evans
  • 2 Post By FallenPixels

Thread: Are there any bug free apartments in Hamilton? do you live in any?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where do I look for apartments in Hamilton that are bug free, any online sites you guys can recommend? or if anyone here lives in an apartment that has no bugs, I would really appreciate it if you guys could let me know which ones they are.
    We don't have much money, and are looking at best living options....any ideas?

most of the apartments I've browsed just online have had a lot of bug problems...which completely turns me off, and they are quite expensive..(we are 2 people looking for a place to live) would it even be possible for 2 people to get a 1 bedroom, is that allowed? (someone could sleep in living room)

I really don't know what else to do, what would you guys do in this situation? if you didn't have much money.. (do not want to share a house with strangers) (bank loans, moving to another city not an option)

Any suggestions, thoughts would be appreciated.
    thank you!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by JDI007; Thu, Dec 29th, 2016 at 04:36 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lots of college students use the livingrooms as bedrooms. My son and I were going to get a one bedroom apartment with one of us using the livingroom as a bedroom until I needed a wheelchair accessible apartment.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

http://www.gscrentals.com/Apartments/Hamilton/

have you found anything yet?

i would avoid any high rise. even if your apt is spotless, the neighbour could have bedbugs & youd be screwed. i would focus on a duplex or triplex. no reason why 2 people couldnt live there.
    good luck.
    JDI007 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I thought that too! avoid high rise apartments, but oddly enough bed bugs/or bugs don't care what type of apartment it is, they are found anywhere and I feel like in every apartment there's always going to be someone living there that is.....not clean? and bugs spread quickly../There are quite a bit of low rise apartments across from my area and they have all reported having bed bugs, and here I thought we lived in a good area, but it really doesn't matter, all I do is google search the address and bed bug reports show up instantly :/ a lot of times I go by and even see furniture on the side of the road! probably not a good sign..../ I also heard it's not good to be in an area where it's an apartment near another apartment because bugs can travel quickly that way.....so very frustrating.
    But at least now we know that we can both rent an apartment with 1 bedroom, that'll save us some money. It's hard to believe how pricey everything has gotten lately :/

/Isn't a triplex or duplex a house where you just rent a room in? so what about the rest of the house, someone else would still be living there/or renting the remaining space or basement, I'm not sure I'm comfortable living with other strangers in a house...that is my concern.
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I lived in a building in Stoney Creek for 5 years. Rarely even saw so much as a spider lol. No problems there.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Ciel and JDI007 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

a duplex is a house where you rent the first or second floor...a triplex is a 3 story house. ive lived in a few & never had a problem with bugs, guess i was lucky to have good tenents. down side is if its an older home the floors usually creak.
    Ciel and JDI007 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

You can be as clean as you like and still get bed bugs, it only takes one jumping on you from someone else... Even worse, a hotel stay.
    A friend of mine lives next to a traveling sales man. His apartment is immaculate but he brought them home after staying in a Radisson Hotel and they spread to the whole floor.

Duplex/Triplex can be better just because there are less tenants and often the landlord is a bit more involved. Mine even will come over and take the garbage to the curb on garbage day etc so lazy tenants don't get a chance to leave stinky trash in the yard.
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think Stoney Creek might be a little too far for us, we're not really in that area.
    /don't think duplex/triplex would be an option..

Just have to go by bug reports I guess, is that how you guys found your apartments?(if you live in one)

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We recently moved (last summer) and looked at quite a few apartments. Buildings and owner owned smaller places like duplex to six plex type houses/small buildings.

To be honest, only one of them showed it had bugs on the listings but looked really clean when we viewed it and I didn't see any bites after being there. It only had one report though so could have been a disgruntled tenant. We had looked at another building from the same company and he recommended we looked at the 2nd one so I had not checked the bug report before going as we went straight there from the 1st.

We ended up picking this place due to location more than loving the apartment. It is close to our old apartment and the area works for us, the rent was a little cheaper than we were paying and they don't fuss about the cats.

The bug reports are also very much tenant based. No one is going to post and say hey my building is clean, but they may also not bother going online to mention it does have bugs so not sure how much they really help
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information