User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Don't discriminate against my bags !

  1. #16
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,515
    Likes Received
    6742
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)




    Speed! It has something to do with speed. Those greedy corporates want to earn as much money as possible in seconds. Time=money

    I know at loblaws store they evaluate cashiers performance based on item scanned per minutes. Someone told me that last time that they were getting less hours because they were deemed 'slow'.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

    Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

  2. #17
    Trade Mod FallenPixels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West of the Tdot
    Posts
    35,836
    Likes Received
    20797
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)




    Cashiers usually tend bag a lot quicker than people do (partly because they don't care if they squish your stuff or mix cold products etc), that is why stores like Freshco and No Frills usually have two bagging belts so they can checkout the next person while you bag. Cashiers are mostly slowed down by price checks and questions which is a store issue, or coupons or payment issues - unless they are particularly chatty.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!



  3. #18
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowmanville
    Posts
    1,038
    Likes Received
    127
    Trading Score
    134 (100%)



    I was very annoyed at Loblaws the other day when the cashier left me to bag all my own stuff (had my own reusable bags) while she bagged the next customers items in a plastic bag he had to purchase - not impressed.
    Pretty please with sugar on top, can you use my Swagbucks referral?
    swagbucks.com/refer/jaxflower

  4. #19
    CaLoonie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    189
    Likes Received
    360
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    From the Loblaws website:

    Name:  loblawsbagyourown.JPG
Views: 180
Size:  35.6 KB

  5. #20
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,515
    Likes Received
    6742
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Cashiers usually tend bag a lot quicker than people do (partly because they don't care if they squish your stuff or mix cold products etc), that is why stores like Freshco and No Frills usually have two bagging belts so they can checkout the next person while you bag. Cashiers are mostly slowed down by price checks and questions which is a store issue, or coupons or payment issues - unless they are particularly chatty.
    No kidding! I fail to understand the logic behind some of those 'efficiencies' policies of corporations. On one hand, they want to evaluate their cashier based on items scanned per minutes but on other hands, they got thousand of other flawless practices especially the coupon issues like "u-cannot-use-that-on-sale-items" or the famous "its-one-per-purchase"

    #CorporateLogics
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

    Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

  6. #21
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,197
    Likes Received
    5004
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    In my area ONLY Metro bags groceries for you, if you have your own bags.

    Even Loblaws and Sobeys doesn't do it. All 3 do it if you buy their bags. But your own bags, only Metro does it for me.

    Freshco, No Frills, Food Basics forget my bags they don't even bag , even if you are buying their bags.

    SDM and Rexall also only bag for me, if I am buying their bags. If its my bags, its forget it.

    I guess some just don't have the space or maybe its a corporate policy or upto the cashier, I am not sure.
    Newfiescreech, sampler and barbis9 like this.

  7. #22
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,197
    Likes Received
    5004
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    Some stores half bag it for me ..lol. If I have 2 bags, I will be filling 1 bag and the cashier will be like, let me help you with that after they see me starting to bag..and they will start the second bag.

    So 1 bag is by me and the other by them..lol.

  8. #23
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    308
    Likes Received
    678
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Basically as of late I have been looking at the 5cent charge not for the bag, but rather for the service of having the cashier bag my groceries. I prefer to have my groceries bagged for me so bringing the reusables (which I do) is becoming a hinderance. No Frills was always this way and one of the reasons I don't like shopping there, but when did this become the norm across the majority of grocery stores? Wouldn't it be odd to purchase clothing at a retail store and have the cashier ask if you want to purchase a bag and if you brought your own just walk away and let you bag your own clothing? What happened to what could be considered the basics... friendly, courteous service? I must be showing my age. lol.

  9. #24
    Smart Canuck sampler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,123
    Likes Received
    339
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post
    From the Loblaws website:

    Name:  loblawsbagyourown.JPG
Views: 180
Size:  35.6 KB

    Thanks for posting this.

    I found the last sentence a bit contradictory? Maybe my reading comprehension is failing me today...

    If I remember correctly there is a difference between Loblaws and Loblaws Great Food stores? I think I had a flyer for one and went to the other store and found out there was a difference when the cashier told me this...I was so confused that day..

    But if there is a difference, why would one store do something differently than the other?

  10. #25
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,197
    Likes Received
    5004
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Speed! It has something to do with speed. Those greedy corporates want to earn as much money as possible in seconds. Time=money

    I know at loblaws store they evaluate cashiers performance based on item scanned per minutes. Someone told me that last time that they were getting less hours because they were deemed 'slow'.
    Wal Mart even forces them to sell their crappy Master Card. They get evaluated on it at the end of the day.

    Honestly I don't blame the cashiers for being so tired and exhausted, the corporates pay them minimum wage and plus expect all this nonsense from them. Honestly I won't last a day on that job.

  11. #26
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,515
    Likes Received
    6742
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

    I found the last sentence a bit contradictory? Maybe my reading comprehension is failing me today...

    If I remember correctly there is a difference between Loblaws and Loblaws Great Food stores? I think I had a flyer for one and went to the other store and found out there was a difference when the cashier told me this...I was so confused that day..

    But if there is a difference, why would one store do something differently than the other?
    LMAO good one, so if I correct, they only want efficiencies at Loblaws stores but Loblaws Great Store can continue to slip these 'efficient practices' aside because why not...

    The f&^ is this? What do these policies makers smoke?
    Newfiescreech, sampler and barbis9 like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

    Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

  12. #27
    Smart Canuck sampler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,123
    Likes Received
    339
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    LMAO good one, so if I correct, they only want efficiencies at Loblaws stores but Loblaws Great Store can continue to slip these 'efficient practices' aside because why not...

    The f&^ is this? What do these policies makers smoke?

    lols...I'm sure there is a logical explanation for this, but for now I am gonna join in on the fun...

    They probably think they don't need efficiencies /faster service/ competitive pricing at their Loblaws Great Store, since this store has the word "Great" in it, so no matter what, customers will call it a "Great Store" ..hahhaha

    ok, maybe that wasn't funny, but don't you think it's funny that they wrote all that hogwash about them not bagging your groceries is so great, and they didn't think we would do a double take on that last sentence...
    Last edited by sampler; Fri, Dec 30th, 2016 at 10:05 PM.

  13. #28
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    6,067
    Likes Received
    13040
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)




    I was at Zehrs today...they fulfilled their "all checkouts open" promise, but there were still long lineups everywhere.

    I swear, everybody was buying potato chips. It was unreal. Chips in every basket. What, no shrimp rings for 2017? Apparently 2016 ends on a discount bang lol.

    (They tried to bag my groceries but I told them to just put it back in my cart and not screw things up. Well, the first part, anyway.)
    Newfiescreech, sampler and barbis9 like this.

  14. #29
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    987
    Likes Received
    1484
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post
    lols...I'm sure there is a logical explanation for this, but for now I am gonna join in on the fun...

    They probably think they don't need efficiencies /faster service/ competitive pricing at their Loblaws Great Store, since this store has the word "Great" in it, so no matter what, customers will call it a "Great Store" ..hahhaha
    It might be a "Great Store" but it's no Super Store.

  15. #30
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,228
    Likes Received
    5942
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Wal Mart even forces them to sell their crappy Master Card. They get evaluated on it at the end of the day.

    Honestly I don't blame the cashiers for being so tired and exhausted, the corporates pay them minimum wage and plus expect all this nonsense from them. Honestly I won't last a day on that job.

    oh i had one of those cashiers today that was rather pushy about the walmart mastercard.. i said no thanks i have the canadian tire one.. and she just became even more pushy... i'm sorry a walmart card will never replace the card we have had for well over 15 years with a crazy low rate
    barbis9 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •