User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By fegonia

Thread: Stores closing in Toronto fall 2023 - liquidation sales

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey folks,
    I have noticed a bunch of stores recently that will be closing. You may be interested in the liquidation deals. Please post if you see any other stores that are closing, or provide an update about the ones I've listed. Brick-and-mortar retail is really struggling

Store: Lowes Danforth
    Sale: When I noticed the store was closing last month, everything was 10% off. I'm not sure what the % is now. Some of the more useful stuff is pretty picked over now like light bulbs and garden supplies.

Store: Game & Hobby Zone
    Location: Cumberland Terrace, near Yonge and Bloor, underground
    Sale: They have board games, puzzles, and toys. Retirement sale. 33% off everything. Still lots of stock, although they've filled in some empty spaces with tons of jigsaw puzzles. My board gaming friend said even at 33% off, the games are still more expensive than elsewhere.

Store: Onirack Fashion
    Sale: Sign says it's closing end of summer, but it doesn't appear to be running out of stock, and the deals aren't great. Lots of cheap clothing. Might as well take a look if you're checking out Game & Hobby Zone.

Store: Asia Arts & Interiors
    Location: Cumberland Terrace, street level near Bay St. entrance
    Sale: The store has ornamental Asian housewares like vases, lamps, bowls, etc. Retirement sale. The sign said 51% off, but I'm not sure if that on everything.

Store: Eclectic Home Decor Rug Gallery
    Sale: Closing sale. I didn't go in to check the deals.

Store: Bad Boy
    Sale: They went bankrupt and are liquidating. The poster on their website says everything is 20-50% off lowest marked price.

Store: Mastermind Toys
    Sale: No sale yet. They are facing financial difficulties and will be restructuring. They said underperforming stores will immediately be liquidated, but no word on which ones yet. This is really too bad - these stores have some great toys.
    This thread is currently associated with: Lowe's
    Shwa Girl, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I appreciate this list. I have to get access to a newspaper from this week that lists which locations in Ontario are closing for the Mastermind Toys chain.
    Last night, I asked my sibling if he'd look at the Bad Boy website to get an idea if merchandise can be seen or what the discounts are. He was looking at new Roku tvs and our current one is still throwing reset fits 1 or 2x per week.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update on Lowes Danforth: Almost everything is 50% off. Lots of aisles are empty, but there's still a good amount of useful stuff like vegetable garden fertilizer, tools, paint, caulking.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update:

Game & Hobby Zone - everything still 33% off, and the selection seems to be about the same as before.

Asia Arts & Interiors - I was actually able to go into the store this time and saw that 'up to 50% off' actually refers to if you spend $10,000, you get 50% off! A bit out of my price range . Anything under $500 is 25% off. They do have some nice items you might want to give as a gift (small statues, ornamental bowls, etc.) for $40-100, but most stuff is more expensive. Lots of $500 lamps. lol

Thread Information