User Tag List

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Snow days for our kids today. Watching the snow build up from my office window. Of course it is always bad weather on garbage day. Just put out the garbage bin. The recycling will have to wait till next week- have lots and don't want to worry about it being knocked over and blowing around.
    I made homemade burgers last night with ceaser salad for dinner. Kids can eat leftover burgers for lunch today so that was smart!
    The leftover beef I didn't make into nacho meat (I had mixed it all for burger patties) but only cooked half the family pack. The other half I will roll in to meatballs and cook in the oven. Will make green beans and rice to go with it. Dinner planned!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Finally made the turkey that I won from the YMCA. Lots of leftovers for this week. Just need cat food otherwise clearing out my freezer each day. My tulips from Food Basics ($4.88) are blooming - thinking of spring.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Jan 10th, 2017 at 12:11 PM.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I ventured out -asked hubby when he came in at 9.30 a.m "are the roads good" yep he said ,I went to a local store "zarkys" as it no that far away
    -bought their fresh buns and broccoli slaw -oh and they have a reduced bin -so for half off reg 7.99 for 4 uncooked chicken pot pies I paid 4.00 as the tops were cracked and missing a tiny bit of dough on the tops -no worries for half off I took them
    -my daughter sent me a video to my email yesterday of Sebastian "laughing" as she sings to him and touches his cheeks soooo sweet -cant wait to see him on sat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took our twins for a checkup at the Optomitrist this morning. No indication of major prescription needed for either of them. Baby girl's eyes have improved since their last appointment a year ago.

I called about our son's Christmas toy that was on back order. We placed the order on Dec 1 and they still don't have any stock. She said it'd be sent by Canada post some time in January, but she couldn't tell me when. She also couldn't tell me how much I'd be charged because it is billed in USD whenever they ship the gift. This was his big present, so we're not planning on cancelling the order. We haven't told him what it is, just that they can out and we are waiting for it to come in the mail. I'm a little frustrated and disappointed.

The prescription for baby girl's rash really seems to be working, it certainly isn't red anymore.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

They have forecasted 10-15cms today and freezing rain overnight into the morning so I suspect tomorrow will be a inclement weather day.

The car dealer called yesterday, the car is already to go, dh has made arrangements for FIL to go along with him tomorrow (Wednesday) evening. It's been so hard we have not told anyone about the new to us car not even the kids. I called the insurance company today to get insurance put on as of tomorrow and she said, sweet car BUT if you work in the big cities invest in a club for the steering wheel as these cars are often stolen NOT what I was wanting to hear, oh well such is life I guess. I will discuss with dh tonight about getting the club.

I have ground beef thawing for meatballs, I don't foresee it being thawed by dinner tonight so I will improvise and cook a quick fix of flamingo chicken stix/burgers w/ salad for supper.

Wishing everyone a great day
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    They have forecasted 10-15cms today and freezing rain overnight into the morning so I suspect tomorrow will be a inclement weather day.

The car dealer called yesterday, the car is already to go, dh has made arrangements for FIL to go along with him tomorrow (Wednesday) evening. It's been so hard we have not told anyone about the new to us car not even the kids. I called the insurance company today to get insurance put on as of tomorrow and she said, sweet car BUT if you work in the big cities invest in a club for the steering wheel as these cars are often stolen NOT what I was wanting to hear, oh well such is life I guess. I will discuss with dh tonight about getting the club.

I have ground beef thawing for meatballs, I don't foresee it being thawed by dinner tonight so I will improvise and cook a quick fix of flamingo chicken stix/burgers w/ salad for supper.

Wishing everyone a great day
    We may be in for another snow day tomorrow as well. Totally not fair!! lol
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

supper tonight baked potatoes ,chicken breast for hubby and chicken potpie I got cheap today for me and corn -yummmm
    -just shovelled awhile ago now its raining
    -got my mastercard in paid in full -what a good feeling
    -mind you still need to return hubby's shirt so credit of 18.99 on next bill-he is happy with the 3.00 i paid(50% off shirt I got from value village on sunday)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The $13 pickup happened tonight.
    I have an $8 pickup next week, they don't live in town.

Im continuing to check out the kids stuff and post more things for sale. I think our twins are outgrowing their winter boots, so I'll sell the leather robeez booties. I have a few other pairs of winter boots for them, so hopefully they fit and they keep them on.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Will see how morning weather is (wind's been gusting since about 5pm) and consider getting some PC detergent as I have a points offer I can use. Might cross 20K level and thus redeem for something. The two Woolite detergents have been used for laundry loads today, just to get some loads washed and done for the week

Did not venture to stores or other places today-feeling depleted even though I am eating meals. No zip, no zoom.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Another snow day today here! DS had to get up anyway for appt. lol

Dinner last night was amazing! Meatballs baked in oven (homemade of course!) with basmati rice and green beans. Best meatballs I ever made Haven't figured out dinner for tonight yet, thinking maybe bacon and eggs Simple!
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well 100 knots wind last night our downspout blew off and we need to hammer the nails in the eavestrough and reattach the downspout -to be done in late spring or summer that's for sure -ahh such is life
    -going thru my cloths a few more tops I am getting rid of-may go to pluto( Thursday) and see what I will get for a few of them
    -gotta go babysit at 11.30 til 6.30

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Glad the wind and rain has stopped. Out to do more returns - defective merchandise is so frustrating! Turkey again tonight - may make a huge salad and put chunks of turkey in it. The cat is loving the leftovers. While I am tempted to shop (out of boredom) I need to finish my book for the book club next week.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am working through the freezer (thank goodness!) because we've been hit with $4,000 of unexpected expenses. Also, thank goodness for PC points! I had no idea we had so many frozen bags of brussel sprouts...what to do with them? Lots of beans,rice and pasta meals coming up!....oh, and eggs....they stretch a long way too. Sad thing is, I'm finding expired frozen food as I'm doing this. I hope to get a better handle on this in the New Year.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    I am working through the freezer (thank goodness!) because we've been hit with $4,000 of unexpected expenses. Also, thank goodness for PC points! I had no idea we had so many frozen bags of brussel sprouts...what to do with them? Lots of beans,rice and pasta meals coming up!....oh, and eggs....they stretch a long way too. Sad thing is, I'm finding expired frozen food as I'm doing this. I hope to get a better handle on this in the New Year.
    Lol, me too. The freezer is fairly rotated but I did serve a prime rib recently that I froze in March. it was a nice treat in otherwise tight month. I also used up a cake mix dated January 2016. the kids ate it up and no one died. I am getting pretty excited about all the close to date stuff that is getting used this month and with almost half the month gone I have used less then 1/4 of the grocery budget.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    IF you don't mind my asking how do you rate or decide what is frozen expired food?
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information