User Tag List

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to pick up my van yesterday morning, checked it over before heading into their office and I told them I wouldn't take it because not all of the repairs were done. I picked it up this morning and it looks good. The SGI adjuster only put my sliding door on the claim. The Autobody shop and I had to get SGI to add my driver's door and the spot below it to the claim. The sliding door was nearly $1,400. The entire claim was over $2,000 in repairs. Good thing I pay for a package policy with a $200 deductible. Up side is that they washed my entire van, vacuumed the inside, and gave me two more coffee mugs.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 25th, 2017 at 08:44 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    Good Morning Everyone!

I have LIKED posts on this thread for months now, so I thought I'll post today after my birthday yesterday. Feels like a new day, a new me. Not much really going on with me daily. My kids, both have autism, so our life is generally very different from the rest. I am a SAHM and my DH works full time. My DH is "super frugal" to the point that sometimes other people laugh at his frugality. I, on the other hand, have gotten used to it. We have been married for over 10 years and I have picked up significant money saving changes that have changed me as well.

Today's activity is a meeting with my son's Senior Therapist at his IBI Centre. And, for dinner KFC leftovers from my birthday yesterday.

Have a good day, everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the group.

Being frugal has many benefits as I'm sure you are aware while others don't understand the benefits it's their loss.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good Morning everyone,

I have an appointment an hour away today FIL will be driving me. I'm extremely anxious not about the appointment with the surgeon but the road conditions, freezing rain & snow....eeek....I may reschedule as my OCD will be out of control.

If we still go I will ask to run into NF for some whole chickens $1.75lbs and we need bread.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day, stay safe

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm not being overly picky, but I am following provincial guidelines. I have had a lot of people with babies or weird requests. I am not a bus driver, but that is what some parents want from me. I need something that will work out ok for my family.
    Was just giving encouragement, didn't say you were being picky

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village Club cardholders can save 40% off on Wed on activewear purchases, if you've been wanting to check out gear.

I did a grocery shop at Longos (more sale Cottonelle bathroom tissue-3ply for $2.99!) and as it was over $40, I was able to get the free soup with the receipt coupon. A note for Thank You Rewards members--receipt coupons are store coupons that will lower your subtotal for TYR points' consideration. Before coupon, my subtotal was just over $51 but after coupon it was $45+. So I earned 50 TYR on the first $25 spent. Happily two other items had bonus TYR rewards so I still earned some extra points.

Will head out to Sobey's and to Sephora. Back in awhile!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Was just giving encouragement, didn't say you were being picky
    No, I knew that you were only being encouraging. It can just be frustrating. I just had a grandma call me to ask some questions on behalf of her daughter. She told me which poster she got my name from and it is a new one that I just put up on Saturday, which is encouraging.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took our twins to a free baby program this morning and then let them play until we needed to leave to pick big boy up from Pre-K. They fell to sleep on the drive home and are still napping now in their cribs. Big boy and I each had a fruit smoothie for lunch. All of the dishes are washed up, so are the high chairs, stove, counter, and front of the cupboards. I'll continue cleaning as the day goes on.

I was all caught up on the laundry on Sunday, folded and put away.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well my daughter came yesterday at noon with Sebastian -ahhh so much fun -ashlyn had a melt down thou as she didn't want to share the baby chair with him -my daughter talked her into it saying its your chair just let him use it for while we are eating supper she stayed til 3.00 p.m today so a nice visit she went to fortinos for a large grocerie shop and I watched the baby

-I am so tired right now I have woke up at 4.30 a.m the last 2 days -just relaxing tonight -as I watch ashlyn on Wednesday

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My appointment went well, looks like another surgery in April which I'm not looking forward to but such is life.

FIL & I went to NF's I wanted the fresh whole chicken but they didn't get any (this seems to be the norm at this location), oh well I got 6 packs of pork tenderloin (2 loins per pack) each pack was $6.50 to $7 so pretty reasonable for tenderloin so I'm pleased.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I'm still here just have been busy putting together my sewing/craft room.I have never had one and have always sewed in a dingy corner in the basement so we turned one bedroom in to a room for me. It is a lot of organizing but it is looking pretty!
    Haven't been thrift store shopping in years, my son wanted a pure wool sweater for warmth for camping and boy did I hit the jackpot. An icebreaker merino woolsweater will start at 200.00. The first one I picked up was a vintage LL bean wool sweater from the 70's for 4.49, the second was a brand from Argentina, a bit chunky hand knit made with 100% wool, and then the 3rd one was a real deal, when I read the label it said 50 percent wool, 40% possum and 10% silk, made in New Zealand.....possum, never heard of a possum sweater, well maybe on the Beverly Hillbillies, didn't they used to eat possum!! Anyway my gut said take it home, turns out New Zealand is over run with possums that had been introduced there and not a natural animal to New Zealand, there fur is hollow like a polar bear's which makes their will 55% warmer than Merino wool so some brilliant person started making wool with them about 8 years ago.Like a nerd I read all afternoon about this process. I checked on ebay and found all three sweaters, same tags/brands and here is what they are going for now.The Ll Bean was about 85.00, the second was going on Etsy for 86.00 and the possum sweater was retailing new for 229.00, not bad for spending 4.49 for each one. Now I halve the thriving bug!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Speaking of wool sweaters for gents-Sears has 40% off sale prices on men's clothing including the Wayne Gretzky zip up and V-neck sweaters. I saw a red small zipup redstickered for $26.99 and I got 40% off. Total paid was just cents under $17! Sweater is for me, because I bought a Joe Fresh activewear crewneck top (frosted/icy pink one, not the bubblegum pink one) that I can wear under it-needed new top and sweater (have not been having recent thrift store success, but like @thriftygranny pointed out, there really are some vintage sweaters to be had in thrift stores but sizes do vary). Also got 2pr of clearance Joe Fresh cable knit socks ($2.94) and a pair of stretch knit pinky-red gloves ($4.94). I hope the socks will fit me-I've tossed out three pairs recently due to wear or holes. I did try a pair of men's Thinsulate gloves with Velcro strap and touchscreen finger material in Large-palm is so roomy but the fingers are too tapered after the knuckles. I'm a ring size 9 so if I'm not liking the fingers, quite certain there are men who won't be keen on the gloves' fit either. Did not see any slippers. Do note that some women's clearance racks are located before AND right after the men's section but before the toddler's section if you are at the front of the store.

Fanshawe College's Engage magazine has a new Winter issue out in the blue newspaper boxes-was waiting for the new issue for a couple of months. No Yellow Pages boxes on the East Mountain has any new business phone directories (they must have jumped the analogue shark).

Picked up the Caudalie birthday freebie today and bought a tube of almond L'Occitane hand cream (for Mom).

Noticed that the Bay has boxes of Lemon Panettone on sale, plus HBC nut assortments and a little bit of Lindt and Godiva products too (Lime Ridge, just past the down escalator on the upper level). If you go around the corner where you can look over side of escalator, you'll see a small peg board with the last of the coppery Xmas ornaments for $2 each and a tiny potted tree too. Found a quarter on the Martha Stewart bedding display-joy! Bay has several Martha comforter sets at 50% off.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Ciel, I bought those Wayne Gretzky wool sweaters for my husband last year at this time for a similar price, they have lasted really well and wash beautifully. I found a product to wash wool and I find it really keeps them nice, it is called Eucalan Wool wash, I bought it at a lingerie store.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I'm still here just have been busy putting together my sewing/craft room.I have never had one and have always sewed in a dingy corner in the basement so we turned one bedroom in to a room for me. It is a lot of organizing but it is looking pretty!
    Haven't been thrift store shopping in years, my son wanted a pure wool sweater for warmth for camping and boy did I hit the jackpot. An icebreaker merino woolsweater will start at 200.00. The first one I picked up was a vintage LL bean wool sweater from the 70's for 4.49, the second was a brand from Argentina, a bit chunky hand knit made with 100% wool, and then the 3rd one was a real deal, when I read the label it said 50 percent wool, 40% possum and 10% silk, made in New Zealand.....possum, never heard of a possum sweater, well maybe on the Beverly Hillbillies, didn't they used to eat possum!! Anyway my gut said take it home, turns out New Zealand is over run with possums that had been introduced there and not a natural animal to New Zealand, there fur is hollow like a polar bear's which makes their will 55% warmer than Merino wool so some brilliant person started making wool with them about 8 years ago.Like a nerd I read all afternoon about this process. I checked on ebay and found all three sweaters, same tags/brands and here is what they are going for now.The Ll Bean was about 85.00, the second was going on Etsy for 86.00 and the possum sweater was retailing new for 229.00, not bad for spending 4.49 for each one. Now I halve the thriving bug!!!
    That's fantastic, hope your son loves the sweaters, warmth is most important in my books.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

He was so happy with them, he enjoys the frugal lifestyle and appreciates when I can find him things he is looking for. He now has me on a mission to find vintage axes.Especially nice to get deals when things are used for camping.I found 3 long pure wool men's coats and I am turning them into a camping sleeping bag cover for his Christmas gift next year!! They cost me 27.00 for the 3 so a pretty frugal quilt.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information