User Tag List

Page 1000 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 500 900 950 990 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1010 1050 1100 1500 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @cath007 and @danger_dan
    I have a Dr appointment today for a check . Fingers cross my ankle is healing as plan.
    Summer is here it will be super hot.
    Last edited by flemeth; Thu, Jul 4th, 2019 at 07:01 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh @cath007 , depression can cause all those symptoms- I'm hoping your doctor can help you, perhaps with some targeted medications. Don't be afraid to use them if you need them, but they do take quite a while to become effective.

Did you injure your leg?

@flemeth - I'll cross my fingers, toes and eyes for you!

@danger_dan I'm glad your day isn't starting with stress from your commute!

Well, Happy Fourth of July, everyone with ties to the States!
    Can't post a gif, for some reason.
    See ya later, Florida Gators!
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Taking a break from looking at flyers, making the shopping master list. Husband will go today to get a start on shopping.

It's gotten quite cool here - no complaint from me - but it's just odd. Still, last evening it was really muggy in the house. I know we will be getting payback with really hot temps at some point, though I sure don't look forward to that.

My oldest sister, who had surgery last week, is recovering well. Yesterday was her birthday - crazy to think she's 72. Such meaningless numbers, ages are!

Have a Tremendous Thursday, everyone!
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sign outside of a pub

Name:  this_sign_outside_a.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  687.1 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Jul 4th, 2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Oh @cath007, depression can cause all those symptoms- I'm hoping your doctor can help you, perhaps with some targeted medications. Don't be afraid to use them if you need them, but they do take quite a while to become effective.

Did you injure your leg?

@flemeth- I'll cross my fingers, toes and eyes for you!

@danger_dan I'm glad your day isn't starting with stress from your commute!

Well, Happy Fourth of July, everyone with ties to the States!
    Can't post a gif, for some reason.
    See ya later, Florida Gators!
    I got bitten by mosquitos on my right leg …
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Majestic floof!

Name:  this_is_a_floff_ball.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  129.6 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Jul 4th, 2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  im_thinking_he_did_i.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  83.1 KB
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

this mornings post is dedicated to an actress ( Lidia Porto ) who I have enjoyed watching in so many roles I've lost count.
    Don't worry, she isn't dead, I just wanted to say how much I chuckle at ALL of the various characters she has portrayed.
    ( the nasty drug Queen in Get Shorty for one )
    Just now for instance I am watching episode 2 of Grand Hotel ( new series ) and an unruly guest got a visit from his Mom, who slapped him about like a Latino Mama would! I never knew she was in this series till I saw that scene.

Hope everyone is having a pleasant Thursday, a precursor to the TGIF that is coming!! So....Trump and his ridiculous Military display eh? I did NOT turn on CNN today at all, but I heard something late last night that he is making July 4th ALL about him.
    The sun and heat are intense today but I dare not complain. Just hanging inside with the Central A/C keeping me content.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh dear! I went out to check on my little lady with the broken arm. She had had an appointment yesterday with the orthopedic clinic. She didn't answer the door last night at 9 so I thought she was in bed. Turns out she didn't get home until 11 pm. She, in fact had fractured her OTHER wrist as well and the surgeon said that the first one had not been set right in ER so she was to return today without eating which means to me that she would most likely be having some kind of anaesthetic. I tried to talk with her son before she went but wasn't able to find him. I hope he knows/tells about her original fall last Monday which she keeps claiming was "unrelated." I would have gone along to the hospital if the son had wanted me to- he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I managed to sing "The Star Spangled Banner" to my Irish Yankee friends whose anniversary is today. They were off with their son and his wife to spend a couple of days in Amherstburg.

I've made an appointment to take Tootie into the vet tomorrow. She's "off her oats" and has a sore little bum. She has also had a little growth near her eye so I'll get that checked too.

I've been doing a major "tidy up" around my work area. I can't find Justin, the calendar boy and so I have started a new July calendar. I'm afraid that I'm going to miss an appointment.

But I got really lightheaded so I had 2 glasses of water, ate a couple of crackers - took a pain pill and am lying down-or is that "laying down?"

My asthma was really telling me to stay inside today.

Well, tahrah for now!
    See ya!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Jul 4th, 2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm nearly ready to say goodbye to this website. It has plummeted into the depths of despair. No one seems to give a crap about its care and maintenance anymore. Too many spammers, rude people, etc. And I'll probably be the one to get the warning for being rude. I should just learn to shut my mouth and move on. Sometimes I can't. I'll go find some memes now.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I'm nearly ready to say goodbye to this website. It has plummeted into the depths of despair. No one seems to give a crap about its care and maintenance anymore. Too many spammers, rude people, etc. And I'll probably be the one to get the warning for being rude. I should just learn to shut my mouth and move on. Sometimes I can't. I'll go find some memes now.
    The spam is so irritating, and not being able to send private messages to other members is a big loss and really impacts how the forum community here functions. I am not as involved with the forum as many people are, but if it disappeared tomorrow, there are still people here that I would miss.

I have my fingers crossed that there will be a revamping of the forum soon. I worry that, instead, it will just suddenly just be off-line one of these days.

I belong to a completely unrelated forum that requires people to apply for membership by answering a series of questions/submitting an online application form. That weeds out the spammers, the unbalanced (usually), and the indifferent (those who sign up and then never contribute or interact with others). There is a good level of participation and I have never, ever seen spam there. Granted, there are a quite a number of dedicated, unpaid moderators involved to make that happen. I have neither the time nor the temperament to be a forum moderator, but do appreciate well-run forums that have folks like that to keep things running smoothly.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    The spam is so irritating, and not being able to send private messages to other members is a big loss and really impacts how the forum community here functions. I am not as involved with the forum as many people are, but if it disappeared tomorrow, there are still people here that I would miss.

I have my fingers crossed that there will be a revamping of the forum soon. I worry that, instead, it will just suddenly just be off-line one of these days.

I belong to a completely unrelated forum that requires people to apply for membership by answering a series of questions/submitting an online application form. That weeds out the spammers, the unbalanced (usually), and the indifferent (those who sign up and then never contribute or interact with others). There is a good level of participation and I have never, ever seen spam there. Granted, there are a quite a number of dedicated, unpaid moderators involved to make that happen. I have neither the time nor the temperament to be a forum moderator, but do appreciate well-run forums that have folks like that to keep things running smoothly.
    Your forum sounds absolutely lovely. We'll never have that here, I'm afraid. Don't hold your breath for a revamping, the owner seems to have disappeared and doesn't seem to give a whit about it anymore. Quite frankly, I'm shocked that it's still up and running. I just don't know how I'm going to get email addresses without private messaging.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Your forum sounds absolutely lovely. We'll never have that here, I'm afraid. Don't hold your breath for a revamping, the owner seems to have disappeared and doesn't seem to give a whit about it anymore. Quite frankly, I'm shocked that it's still up and running. I just don't know how I'm going to get email addresses without private messaging.
    I've been "so done!" with this forum for quite some time now, but as TrueNorth said, there are people I'd miss on here that I don't communicate with through emails.
    I might suggest us setting up a PRIVATE FaceBook page, invitation only, and just for us...I mean, it's only us anyway, right?

As for the powers that be, getting the cheque for keeping this afloat in the hopes that this ship will right itself again, may only be a dream.

I'll give it a little more time, but.............................as for getting email addresses....crazy like a fox, perhaps???

I'm thankful for the ones I have now...maybe we should just do group emailings in the mornings! The only thing that would be different is that they'll be PRIVATE!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jul 4th, 2019 at 05:16 PM.
    cabmonk, GoJays, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Thread Information