User Tag List

Page 1016 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 16 516 916 966 1006 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1026 1066 1116 1516 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,240 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49

Sorry to tell you that macrame has-been making a huge comeback, thanks to the mad millennials and the big boho trend. Yes, plant hangers, but especially wall hangings - and they are pricey to boot.

I was never a fan, either, but sometimes there aren't any other options for hanging plants.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...ike-seventies/

Just got a call from my home care doc. The nurse had contacted her for a prescription for new stockings, so that has to get sorted because the way I got them previously had changed. Dr will come see me Friday afternoon - she is a fine doctor, but s a hoot as well - we always end up gabbing lots and laughing!

Going to go try and have a nap now.

Wish I could get this comfy!

Name:  melting_cat..jpg
Views: 103
Size:  303.8 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Jul 17th, 2019 at 01:06 PM.
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I can only imagine, @GoJays, but you're always on the lookout for the exotic...not the
    Costco or Home Depot collections.

That pothos I picked up a couple of months ago is really thriving, and amof, it's sitting on a 1/2 moon table, about a meter high, and two vines are just about brushing the ground already! I don't care for hanging plants, they remind me of the old macrame hanging days, lol..which, as much as "collectors" in this new generation find them interesting, I do not. I hate cutting plants, so basically I'm between a rock and a hard place.
    Not necessarily true... I picked up a satin pothos a couple of weeks ago from Home Depot. I paid $2.98 for it
    Not this one... this one is much bigger than mine.

On that same trip, I also got a heart leaf fern for the same price

And in the winter, a peperomia 'pixie'

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, @Natalka , that's why I posted: "as much as the new collectors in this generation find them interesting".....everything old is new again...even if they are dust collectors, lol!

Gosh, @GoJays , you have plants I've never heard of, I've had to look them up!
    Natalka, GoJays, cath007 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@flemeth and others.....sorry gang, finally taking a moment to post an update. The vet just called. Not good news, not the worst news though.
    It is a mass cell tumor. So, that means it must be removed, however the small aspiration needles they used to take the samples for testing did not provide them with a large enough sample to tell the size of this thing. o.k. any animal experts I probably got ALL that lingo wrong, but I am still trembling over the thought of Murphy having cancer.

Apparently I must administer Benadryl to Murphy for 7 days prior to surgery, shrinks the tumor I think she said??
    I can't stop trembling ....ugh.
    o.k. breathe! So I am now just waiting on the email they will send us quoting the cost of what needs to be done.
    We certainly cannot afford the Gold Standard of having a cat scan done or whatever she said wealthy animal owners do prior to having this removed. We will probably just get him in there to have it taken out and hope to God it is not larger than they anticipate.

I'll posts again later, just gotta go cry for a bit.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby thanks for the update on Murphy. Sorry it had to be bad news but I am sure you will do what has to be done for your fur baby. I know what you mean about wealthy animal owners. I have been asking my DH for another dog but his answer is always we can afford another one.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh @walkonby - I am so sorry to hear of your news. Putting in a prayer that all goes well. I have never heard about the Benadryl use in these cases. Fingers crossed!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aww, your poor fur baby @walkonby . I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for his speedy recovery

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aw, @walkonby , thre's no point in me saying, 'don't worry', because I know you must be terrified inside. I'll send up prayers for Murphy.

walkonby, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sniff, sniff, Hi everyone and just thanks for the prayers, kind words and of course the understanding that many of you have from experiencing the ups and downs of pet ownership. O.k. so I will phone the vet Clinic first thing in the a.m. to book a surgery date....hoping a Monday is available as DH schedule is the most accommodating on those days.

We will just play it as it goes I guess. The 2 quotes I received were not horrible. One was around $200.00 higher than the other but we will not go with that one because Murphy is 14 yrs old and with that one he'd be under a total anesthetic ( Propofal, which lowers their BP....... ) but with the lower costing he'd be in a sort of twilight sleep, safer for him I think.

I know they will give him pain meds during that twilight state so he can't feel the pain of what they gotta do.
    Not much Murph and I can do atm except curl up together and cheer on the Jays....so we'll head down now.... Hernandez tied it up Oh crap, now Devers got a HR, Boston up 2-1
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jul 17th, 2019 at 08:42 PM.
    Lynn49, GoJays, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@walkonby : So sorry for Murphy.poor doogie I will pray for him
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Another long but good day. Today I did 2 spin classes, 45 mins on the gym treadmill, 15 mins of weights and 30 mins of my ddp yoga. So tired tonight lol. Hope everyone has a good Thursday.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great day celebrating neighbour’s birthday. Great time was had by all.

Have a superb evening all!!!
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello everyone!

@walkonby - hugs to you and your family and Murphy. The waiting is really hard. Hope in that they can remove the whole growth and Murphy will be good as new.

I went to see my tax guy today. He completed my 2018 taxes and I owe a whopping amount. No partner with whom to split my pension and extra money from US pension and to make matters worse-
    if I do get the money back from Social Security that they owe me , it will bump up my taxable income again next year. I'm trying not to have an anxiety attack!

I have set up with the groomer to get the greasy stuff out of her ear fur. They said that regular antifungal shampoo didn't take out the grease, so they are going to use Dawn- the stuff that they use to take the oil off birds in oil spills.

So many tasks that need my attention.

I'm off to bed.

Have a good evening.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning my SC Friends. Today is my check up at the fractured clinic fingers crossed I did not do anything to set back the healing process. Another very hot day. Stay cool everyone
    @walkonby sending you and the entire family ((((hugs)))). Just hoping that the vet can have the entire lump removed and Murphy will be back to this old self.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

mornin @flemeth hope you get a glowing foot report today!
    Now THIS video scared me a bit....yikes! How would you react if you just kinda heard a noise on the balcony below yours and peered over to investigate?

I knew bears were fast but wasn't expecting such a move upwards like that!

Happy Thirsty Thursday everybody!!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Thread Information