User Tag List

Page 1472 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 472 972 1372 1422 1462 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1482 1522 1572 ... LastLast
Results 22,066 to 22,080 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Happy belated birthday Natalka!

https://youtu.be/qCJSNMqub8g
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Natalka - Lady, lady, lady- so sorry for my late wishes - so- "Happy Birthday to you!, Happy Birthday to you!, Happy Birthday dear Natalka! , Happy Birthday to youuuuu!"

Darn cold today!

Workers came this morning and drilled a hole in my counter so that the plumber can come and finish installing my reverse osmosis system.

Now there's granite dust over everything so I have to think about how I can clean it up without just spreading it around.

I have to do some shopping soon. Running out of breakfast and lunch stuff. And snacks- anyone who is pre- or diabetic.....got any suggestions?

Have the best day you can!

Take care! Stay safe. (I can hardly breath wearing 1 mask- never mind the 2 they are saying we should.)
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sorry triple post
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Jan 29th, 2021 at 12:35 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sorry triple post
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Jan 29th, 2021 at 12:36 PM.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Has anyone seen the screaching dog that was shown on Your Morning. That is how i feel about this Covid-19 year!
    Skippy likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good afternoon!!

Another late tv watching night with Hubby..."just one more Marple???"...got us to about 11:30, so I slept in until 10am which means the day will absolutely feel shorter.

I've never said this before, but: I had a great dental appointment yesterday!!! OMGOSH I fretted, lost sleep over it's impending arrival to the point of almost making myself sick. I hate dental visits that actually involve seeing the dentist instead of cleanings.
    I had an old filling that needed replacing and just dreaded going in...I felt like I was walking to a guillotine.
    But his assistant was just brilliant...happy, chirpy, but most of all, she swabbed a "super-duper strong" oragel-type of goo where the needle was to go and by the time our dentist came in, I was already so frozen! I didn't feel the needle at all!!! Of course knowing I take a long time to freeze, he left me for a while in the company of his chirpy assistant, and when he returned and replaced the filling, I was almost delirious with joy! Hahaha!!!
    I felt nothing!!!! And it's funny, because I said to my Hubby a few days before, "I wonder if I brought Oragel in, if they'd use it on me"
    Well. I had the super-duper gel used on me and it was wonderful!
    I'm still on cloud nine, a shiny new white filling and no pain!
    Amazing.

@avoncallingu, it sure is hard to sit in front of a tv and not snack; I'm so bad at wanting a salty snack, not so much a sweet one, so it's either salted nuts, or pretzels (my best choice) or (heaven forbid!) chips which I haven't had since summer.
    Short of the usual "healthy" (read: ugh) snacks such as air-popped popcorn (read: who eats that crap?!), a boiled egg (lol!), yogurt and fruit (that's breakfast, not a treat-snack), there isn't much out there!
    However, I did find this for you...a list of pre-packaged treats for pre-diabetics (and moi, on my diet-ish) so I'll be adding it to our grocery pick-up list. Have you used that, yet? Omgosh...let someone else do your shopping, pop your trunk, they load it in, pop it closed, done!!
    We're up to the mid 90s here for covid now, thank you, travellers!, so none of us are actually going into stores, even grocery ones.
    Anyhoodles, here's the site...thought there might be something on there you'd enjoy nibbling:

https://www.eatingwell.com/article/2...-for-diabetes/
    Hope it helps!

@walkonby, I'm happy you all enjoyed that Mongolian beef recipe and that you took my advice on cutting down on the sugar...although we use Splenda brown sugar, it was still far too sweet. It's a nice recipe to play around with I think, with chicken, pork...whatever!
    Oh, and we used left-over roast beef sliced very thin and fried up to crisp them up a little...it was yummy!!

Not much going on, some sewing on the new quilt, but that's about it.

Enjoy your day, everyone and keep safe!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 29th, 2021 at 01:19 PM.
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks for the link, @Lynn49 ! That's great! Just what I need! Now to clear out my fridge and cupboards of all the things that I THOUGHT were good for me!

My Art Room is slowly getting to the point that I could almost call organized.

Today I was shredding bank statements from 2009. Have to still keep the ones from 2015, though.

I'm going to look for some dog clippers on Amazon, as our doggies are getting more and more scraggly, and they keep extending our lockdown.

I'm almost finished the Alex Trebek book that my brotherR gave me for Christmas. Just 10 more pages.

Well, nighty-night, friends!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all .
    @walkonby Happy Birthday hoping you have a wonderful day with your family .
    Skippy, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ty for the birthday wishes @flemeth Giant Tiger came through with my yearly printable email coupon for a b'day gift. I'll choose the apple pie from the 3 options, that is what DH, DS and I will use instead of a b'day cake.
    A multiple store but necessary outing today. Returning beer and alcohol empties, hitting Food Basic, SDM, No Frills and buying fuel. I'll be double masked up, slinking through the aisles and no talking to anyone.....so back away everyone.
    These stores are together in a plaza type area...and GT is a stone's throw up the road.
    Cover me ....I'm goin in!! ( or out? )
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Happy Birthday @walkonby ! Here's to many more! Have a great day celebrating with your family!
    Thank you @flemeth for the heads up!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well folks the highlight of my day(besides waking up!) is that although it's still cold out, the sun is brightly shining and believe it or not
    I managed to snag the sunbeam before the cat!!! It feels so nice and is also a great excuse to take a longer break in between doing stuff around the house!
    I hope everyone is keeping warm,safe and well!! Have a great weekend!
    Be the blessing you would want others to be to you!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wishing you a perfectly wonderful birthday, @walkonby!!!

Now...who's cooking your b'day dinner?

Happy Birthday, my Friend!!

Natalka, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Wishing you a perfectly wonderful birthday, @walkonby!!!

Now...who's cooking your b'day dinner?

Happy Birthday, my Friend!!

@Lynn49 I was wondering also who was making Dinner for @walkonby
    Lynn49, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Happy Birthday walkonby! Hope you have a great day with the family. Wishing you the best for the coming year.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

awww shucks guys...much appreciation for the b'day wishes and the real concern as to who IS going to cook dinner for moi?
    Officially we are celebrating our " close to each other " as a shared birthday ( DS #2 and I ) on Sunday with 3 FREE Swiss Chalet meals, we might even splurge and share some appetizers, or maybe a rack of ribs.
    We were spoiled with GC's at Christmas....high value! ha ha

Now as far as tonight's dinner goes, this morning I did make up a small batch of stuffed green peppers and a ground meat/onion/mushroom/taco spice mixture in case anyone wants that in hard shells or wraps.
    The guys just " discreetly " left the house half smirking, pretty sure they are going out card shopping. They crack me up, I know that is what they are doing.
    Anyways whatever they return with, be it food or baubles I will smile broadly. Love is love.
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information