User Tag List

Page 1484 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 484 984 1384 1434 1474 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1494 1534 1584 ... LastLast
Results 22,246 to 22,260 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day everyone! Much better than yesterday which was an off day for me.
    Got my walk in and it was great! not too cold and wee snowflakes falling(if only all winter was like this!)
    Although nice to have restrictions lifted, still careful where I go and what I do. Unfortunately Toronto is not far enough away to keep people from making the trek out here to shop.
    Looks like today will be try to catch up with what you didn't do yesterday for me.
    Whatever you may be up to today and the weekend, stay safe and warm and smile.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

My hairdressing appointment is this afternoon. Salons have been closed since Dec 25 here and they reopened a few weeks ago. I called the same day the salon reopened and finally the day has come. Im beginning to look like a shaggy dog.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

TGIF!

So nice that it is warming up here!
    So sad to hear about Texas and other states which are going through crap.

I am same old same old, buut with an add-on of a terribly painful right shoulder and bicep. I have had probs with it off and on, but something happened yesterday and it felt almost like something inside had ripped. Husband massaged it out, made it much better so it wasn't awfully painful overnight. However, I guess I made a wrong move this morning, and the exact same thing happened. Grrr!

Have a Fab Friday!

Such a beautiful Ukrainian cake, I don't know if I would have the heart to cut into it!

Name:  facebook_1613578334048_6767838060904663566.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  100.1 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Feb 19th, 2021 at 01:27 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Any recommendations for a microwave.

Ours gave out - Panasonic 1100 watts, got it second and from my son's friend, so we have had it eight years. Turntable gave out.

Before that, had an RCA and Kenmore which each lasted a year.

Our first nuker was a Kenmore, which lasted 18 years!

Thanks if you can help.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Natalka - so sorry your pain challenges keep raising their nasty heads!

That cake looks like the decorator must have spent most of the day decorating it. Gorgeous!

I was able to "off-load" a lot of things which I haven't been able to move out of here since the lock down today! Yay!

I am getting a little desk from a friend of mine who is GIVING AWAY her rec-room furniture including 2 leather couches. No one will take them. I have pointed the couches out to my brotherB and he might be interested in 1 for his son. My friend says it all goes out in the garbage on Tuesday. I hope someone can make good use of this excellent furniture. She is an immaculate housekeeper with very expensive taste.

I re-organized the squirrel's nest of wiring behind my TV yesterday as I will have to do some "swizzling" to accommodate the desk. So after bending over for most of the afternoon, my back was killing me last night. Took some meds that helped but I slept in late today.

I'm moving forward slowly to a place where I can actually call this home organized.

Finally got my car washed today. Whew! It was awful after all the slushy, dirty weather we've been having. It seems that on the nice days, people have been lined up around the block at car washes. I actually found one where there was only 1 person ahead of me. Yippee!

Well, re-organization awaits.

See you later.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Any recommendations for a microwave.

Ours gave out - Panasonic 1100 watts, got it second and from my son's friend, so we have had it eight years. Turntable gave out.

Before that, had an RCA and Kenmore which each lasted a year.

Our first nuker was a Kenmore, which lasted 18 years!

Thanks if you can help.
    @Natalka this is downright uncanny! Our very first microwave back in ( ahem ) 1976...give or take, my brain cells are zapping atm. was a Kenmore and had 2 dials, one for temp and one for time.
    Same as the oven seen in the background on the tv show The Golden Girls. ( sorry, blurry pic was all I could capture )

Name:  older microwave.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  12.4 KB

This dinosaur lasted until we moved into our home in 1988!

Anyhow, feels as if we have had at least 5 other " new " ones since 1988....the most recent one we ordered from WM online and they delivered it this past Tuesday.
    It was to replace a Panasonic 1100 we had bought in or around 2016?
    Not terribly expensive in the grand scheme of things ( $159.00 )

Name:  new nuker.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  29.8 KB

This newest model Panasonic 1100 Watt has the word Genius in the name...yeah we'll see.
    The other one became possessed, and during the pandemic the priests just aren't performing any exorcisms.

Seriously though,it started doing all kinds of weird stuff.....like continued to run when you pressed stop. Turning on and spinning the minute the door closed before you even set any buttons on the control. Ran as if it were heating your food but when you opened the door it had not heated anything, just spinned it around?

We're taking bets on how long this one will run....honestly, why do so many small appliances hate us?
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello friends! Please sleep well.

I am having a "ketchup" day tomorrow- getting caught up on things that need to be completed.

Our "Common Spot" has opened again as we are now in a Red Zone. So our yoga group can start again. It's a huge room and it's only 5 of us in the group.

Be kind to yourself and others in this trying time.

Good night!
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Another sunny day, so little snow out there compared to other years, won't take long to melt! Thank you, la nina winter!! At least nice for us east of the prairies where la nina isn't kind at all.

As for Texas...gosh...might they actually begin to believe in climate change?! They were warned years ago to prepare for winters like this but nope....never in Texas!! God, Mom and apple pie will take care of them. Phhht.

I'm expecting more deliveries of craft supplies from Amazon today and tomorrow....I'm practically dating the Intelcom delivery guy!! Hahaha. Gotta love Amazon...ordered yesterday, one day delivery!!

Staying home, staying safe.....hope you're all doing the same or being super careful if you have to go out.

Enjoy the weekend!
    Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy 😺 urday!
    It's like being in a different world, -8, windchill -16
    Supposed to get to plus one.
    Pretty sure my son will be wearing shorts today..

Had a ruff night, kept waking every hour or so with different pains.
    Now, bad nausea to deal with.

Hope you have a superb Saturday!

Name:  facebook_1613778542746_6768677796956999564.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  72.2 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Feb 20th, 2021 at 12:38 PM.
    princessjen, Silk, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka, that cake is absolutely gorgeous! However I'd be more inclined to cut into that cake rather
    than one of these!! Yikes!!

ps...made kapusniak today!

Again, we have to cut this cake, people. I don’t want to eat half of a baby’s face (judging from the photo,
    I’d eat the whole head but I wouldn’t be happy about it.)

Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Feb 20th, 2021 at 02:41 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all.
    lots of snow out today...and it's still coming down...
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ ha ha @GoJays that cat in the baby seat....too funny! @danger_dan yes...our tv signal was out this morning so I KNEW snow had fallen overnight.

DS to the rescue! With the brush end attached to two long broom handles taped together, a step ladder and his 6'2" frame it is all about sweeping the snow off the dish.

There is road work ( sewers/pipes?? I forget now ) going on atm on the street across from us, so that means a steady dull
    ( and very aggravating ) humming noise/sound going on for most of the day. Can't wait ( NOT! ) till they move the work to our actual street. argh!!!
    If it isn't Bell, Rogers, Consumers Gas or Hydro uprooting lawns, hanging unsightly cables all over, roads dug up causing traffic congestion, it's the bang bang of roofers re-shingling.
    The noise threshold is there.....Noise pollution IS real!
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Feb 22nd, 2021 at 11:16 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Lots of snow here, also, but thankfully it's only -2 so it wasn't unbearable for Hubby to snowblow the fluffy stuff off our driveway.
    Jenny declined to be of any assistance, but she did keep a sharp eye on him from the living-room window.

I did a bit of a new craft this morning so it'll be interesting to see how it's turned out in the morning.
    @walkonby , little Miss Grumpy this morning, hahaha...slap on those earphones, you know, the old fashioned ones that block out all the noise, and put on some Mozart and relax. For the rest of the day. Just think, though, when roofers appear, it's spring!!

Speaking of construction, our DD had a contractor over on Friday to completely gut their en-suite and renovate. Both she and I love construction...really, we missed out calling, she's such a great home decorator, also. Something to fall back on if this investment thing doesn't pan out, Bwahahahaha!!! It's all such fun, though, to see transitions like that. Esp in OUR former en-suite.

Not much in the way of news here, so I'll just say, enjoy your day, be careful with the snow-removal, be safe.
    Happy Monday!!
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information