User Tag List

Page 1548 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 548 1048 1448 1498 1538 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1558 1598 1648 ... LastLast
Results 23,206 to 23,220 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Good morning @flemeth
    I was off to a running start bright and early. In the oven are 1 very large steak and mushroom pie ( puff pastry topping ) and 2 individual ones. What a glorious victory the Leafs had over Montreal last night.
    Go ahead Habs...challenge the goal...there was clearly no goalie interference, but ty for the extra PP.
    Jays didn't fare as well.....oops!

Hoping everyone is deep into their much deserved R & R . Long weekend happiness!
    Trying to rest and relax as much as I can... Still have a sore arm after my COVID shot yesterday, a lot more painful than a normal flu shot that's for sure! Have to run a few errands today, then cook up my $2.00 Whole Chicken I got from work...

Then back at it again Monday night. Only at 32hrs this week at work, but that may change (Via a Call-in, I'm always at the ready for one), and of course, the Holiday pay too...
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy Sunday!

Today the temp should be up to low teens, last few days were single digits with below zero at night. Feel badly for those who already put their bedding plants out...

OMG, it's so weird figuring out that some momentous things in my life happened decades ago!

In 1983 on the Sunday of the long weekend, I was heading back to North Battleford after having met my friend from Regina in Saskatoon for a two day visit. She was staying at a family friend's home, and they kindly let me stay there.
    It was near the University, and I had to pretty much head across the whole city to get to my highway. About half way across the city, at a major intersection I was turning left onto a street, when partway through my car got slammed by another car, pushing mine quite far actually. I had a green, no one was oncoming, I had checked to the left and right obviously - but this arse in a TransAm was speeding a lot, went through a red, and hit my Mustang t-boned on the passenger side - thank goodness there was no one with me.

I remember hearing the huge noise, then everything from my hatchback and back seat came flying to the front seat.
    I think I was knocked out for a bit, because next I remember a cop being at my window. I wasn't hurt, except for bruising later from the seatbelt. Don't know if the guy got hurt.

I do not remember that if I called ahead or not, but went back to where my friend was staying - thank goodness she was staying that extra day, so I had somewhere to go. Called my parents, who drove in to get me the next day, so we went and did the paperwork - remember this was holiday Monday - and it was the shock of my life seeing how badly damaged my car was, and the other car had pieces of fiberglass all in weird contortions...
    I cried really hard then, I could have easily been killed.

It was my first car, a 1981 Mustang hatchback, two tone blue - a very cool first car. I had it only over a year.
    Thank goodness my SGI settlement was awesome, since I needed to have a car for work since I was working as a reporter, photographer and editor for a newspaper and publishing company. I got a 1983 Mustang L - a bit of an upgraded version from the previous one. It had a moon roof!

There was a big snag with which I had to deal - at the accident scene, the cop asked for license and registration - and he asked why I was driving with a learner's permit. What? Sure enough, it said Class 7 instead of Class 5. I assured him I got my driver's at 16! I called a friend of mine who was a driver examiner at SGI and that sweet man went in to work on a holiday, went through paper records until there was proof. How nuts was that? After that I made sure I read ALL pieces of ID really carefully!

Also, that cop noticed I had a restriction of wearing glasses while driving, he asked to see them right then, since I wasn't wearing them, if they had fallen off during the impact. I told him that I had contact lenses in, and there we were, him trying to see them in my eyes from all kinds of angles - I wore soft ones, so i suppose they are harder to see than hard contacts maybe...

Anyhew, sorry that was so long. Enjoy your day!
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, May 23rd, 2021 at 11:55 AM.
    ROMEO, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Italy won Eurovision. Ukraine came in fifth after voting and judging - from public voting alone they came in second, though.

I hadn't heard of this group - don't be put off by what sounds like yelling - she is actually singing in a very ancient, traditional style of singing called 'bili holos' which translates to 'white voice - meaning the voice is clear and bright, and it's actually quite hard to do. This is made even more amazing that she is using this style - she has only one lung.

This is their video for it, different from the set/scene they used on Eurovision.

I guess they would be called alternative?

Last edited by Natalka; Sun, May 23rd, 2021 at 11:52 AM.
    Lynn49 and JadeAngel like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

How frightening, @Natalka , I can only imagine the shock you were in.

A few years ago, I was stopped at a red light...it turned green and I looked right, then left, to a huge transport truck barrelling across my intersection! I was just a few blocks from home, but I could hardly contain my tears from what I knew would have ended my life right then and there!
    I'll never forget that, the intersection we still drive through, and how, if I just looked at the green light and drove across that intersection I wouldn't be here telling you this story.

Damn drivers!!
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - I totally avoided that intersection for years!
    Scary drivers, indeed.

Happy Victoria Day to one and all!

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 100
Size:  6.5 KB

For those of you who like period dramas, give the series "Victoria" a try, it's quite good. (Gah, the dresses were horrid, though!)

Our most fab news in SK is RAIN! Everywhere! Not a drizzle, but real soaking rain started yesterday and will be hopefully for one more day. Everyone is happy - yes, even those who would have wanted a sunny weekend for camping...

Name:  facebook_1621869151390_6802612269153329207.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  196.4 KB

Enjoy the day!
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, May 24th, 2021 at 01:45 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1620583290940_6797218979525849008.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  95.6 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, May 24th, 2021 at 01:48 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Leafs took game 3!! Tomorrow for Game 4 can we get a repeat?
    ROMEO and flemeth like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello my friends! I took Tootie to the vet on Friday. We got some very disturbing news. Tootie has developed 6 bladder stones-about .4 cm each (which is large.) She has had these before and the vet was able to flush them out. But this time, they are too big to do that. The other option would be surgery.

We saw the less experienced dr. who told me that she would think the options over during the weekend and get back to me. This probably means that she will speak to the more experienced owner who has now retired but is still doing surgeries. He has been the one that Tootie has been seeing up until now and has told me more than once that with a Level 6 heart murmur (Congestive Heart Failure) that Tootie wouldn't live through surgery. She has been on med to keep the blood circulating around her heart and lungs and these have been really helping. But she has also been on food which is supposed to prevent bladder stones and obviously that has not been working as it should.

Even if she were to survive a very expensive surgery, and recover, these stones would most likely recur aso well as the progression of her heart failure, which could only be slowed, not cured. Our original vet told me that eventually, we would have to put her to sleep, and that ,"I would know when."

She is restless at night as she keeps having to move around to help her breathing. Last night she fell off the bed for the second time. (And my bed is high) I actually couldn't find her for a while as she got stuck between the suitcases under the bed. It was as if she had disappeared and, of course, she couldn't hear me calling to her.

I am so upset, but, I think it is time to let her go, although she still seems well to those who don't really know her.

I will call the vet tomorrow to see what she is suggesting, but I can't afford expensive surgery, especially if she will probably be facing the same thing in a few months.

If you can send us a prayer or good vibes, I would appreciate it.

Good night, my friends!
    ROMEO, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello my friends! I took Tootie to the vet on Friday. We got some very disturbing news. Tootie has developed 6 bladder stones-about .4 cm each (which is large.) She has had these before and the vet was able to flush them out. But this time, they are too big to do that. The other option would be surgery.

We saw the less experienced dr. who told me that she would think the options over during the weekend and get back to me. This probably means that she will speak to the more experienced owner who has now retired but is still doing surgeries. He has been the one that Tootie has been seeing up until now and has told me more than once that with a Level 6 heart murmur (Congestive Heart Failure) that Tootie wouldn't live through surgery. She has been on med to keep the blood circulating around her heart and lungs and these have been really helping. But she has also been on food which is supposed to prevent bladder stones and obviously that has not been working as it should.

Even if she were to survive a very expensive surgery, and recover, these stones would most likely recur aso well as the progression of her heart failure, which could only be slowed, not cured. Our original vet told me that eventually, we would have to put her to sleep, and that ,"I would know when."

She is restless at night as she keeps having to move around to help her breathing. Last night she fell off the bed for the second time. (And my bed is high) I actually couldn't find her for a while as she got stuck between the suitcases under the bed. It was as if she had disappeared and, of course, she couldn't hear me calling to her.

I am so upset, but, I think it is time to let her go, although she still seems well to those who don't really know her.

I will call the vet tomorrow to see what she is suggesting, but I can't afford expensive surgery, especially if she will probably be facing the same thing in a few months.

Good night, my friends!

Oh @avoncallingu I am deeply heartbroken for that decision of yours regarding Tootie. When a vet tells you " you'll know when it's time " to let her go, that is like a knife in our hearts. Will for sure keep sweetie pie Tootie in my prayers.
    I am finally heading up to sleep! Edmonton Oilers lost their valiant attempt to NOT get swept, but an unfortunate delay of game penalty saw them short handed in the 3rd O.T. period.
    No typo...they played 3 periods of O.T. before they were beaten.

Now the Leafs ( if they should win their series against Montreal ) would face Winnipeg. GULP!!!
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and flemeth like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Leafs took game 3!! Tomorrow for Game 4 can we get a repeat?
    @walkonby my fingers are crossed for tonight’s game hoping the Leafs wins
    ROMEO, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post

Good night, my friends!
    @avoncallinu you so sorry to hear about Tootie I know it would be a difficult decision you have to make in regards to her . I will be keeping you and Tootie in my prayers..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh gee, @avoncallingu - so very sad about what your dear doggie is going through. Of course I send along all positive vibes, for both of you because I know your heart is heavy.
    Please give Tootie some gentle scritches behind the ears from me!
    Keeping you in my prayers.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Thread Information