User Tag List

Page 1587 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 587 1087 1487 1537 1577 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1597 1637 1687 ... LastLast
Results 23,791 to 23,805 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good evening my friends! Hope everyone has made it through this day alright. It has been crazily hot around here for a few days running.
    Couldn't make it out to church yesterday as too difficult for me to breath outside, so stayed home with the a/c. Today I thought I would get up early and conquer everything before it got too hot out. I got some done but not as much as I hoped. Thankful I could breath better today.
    I believe tomorrow is going to be a repeat of today weather wise,so perhaps I will lay down with the cat on the floor all day.Speaking of laying down, I'm once again fading as I write these words, so I best be going.Be kind to yourself and others and stay hydrated.Blessings to each one!
    Natalka and walkonby like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka and Tweets77 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hello, peeps!

Night is day, day is night. It's odd, but I am getting good sleep!

Weather has been cooler since Sunday, and it will stay mid-20s until Friday when the frying 30s come back. Smokey skies daily, but lately no severe warnings.

I am the same hurty, as is husband. He had a phone appt with doc yesterday, but when he told the doc he has had no appetite at all, doc wants to see him in person next week.

It's been awful with him not eating - that literally means no food for a day or more. Nothing. Not a nibble. It's scary because he has always been slim - but that was lean and muscled. Now with not working, weight loss and not eating, his body has no fat stores so I assume muscle is just being eaten up.

His 'normal' weight was 153-158, he is just shy of six feet tall.
    He has got to be in the low 140s, he won't weigh himself.
    Nothing I have tried has worked, no temptations - so I do not know what is going on.
    He has always been the type to not think about food at all (imagine how irritating that has been for me, lol!), is not a snacker or sweets guy.

Sorry for all that, I get chatty at two a.m.!

Hope you are all doing well!
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Aug 10th, 2021 at 04:11 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka happy to hear that your DH will be going in person to see the Dr hope the can figure what going on with him making him has no appetite.
    Also hoping you can turn you night and day around what if you are getting enough sleep that’s good.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Natalka seems you get a bit of good news by finally getting good sleep, ( even if it is upside down on the day/night schedule ) followed by the concern that your DH has now become more slender than when you married him. ( btw, how is that fair? )
    I have confidence that when he sees the Dr. they can figure out what's eating him so he can start eating again.
    Big hugs to the 2 of you!

A heads up for anyone holding one of the PC Financial World Elite MasterCards.
    There's been a policy change and it may not be pretty for some who have scaled back their spending due to fallout from Covid.
    It started August 1st, 2021 and runs till July 31st 2022 and will be based on your entire years charges.

Here is the blurb in the email I got:

New PC Financial® World Elite Mastercard® eligibility requirements.

Mastercard has added an annual minimum annual spending requirement of $15,000 for World Elite credit cards, which we have applied to your account.

btw they are saying there are are NO exceptions to this new policy change.

So if there was a job loss and that is why less is being charged on the card, there policy is " suck-it-up-buttercup!
    ( I admit to borrowing that phrase from a wine sipping traveling Wilbury, who knows who she is....lol )

Oops! Forgot to mention that if the $15,000 in charges is not met you will be demoted...( lol ) sent a No fee regular MC which has different rewards attached to it.
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Aug 10th, 2021 at 07:44 AM.
    Natalka, ROMEO and lilo0003 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hmmmm, @walkonby , who might you be talking about? Lol!

Hubby didn't receive that email about the Elite MC...guess they've already figured out we spend over 15k a year on it, hahaha! We put absolutely everything on it, pay it off each month, no balances allowed. Thanks for the heads up, Chicky!

I'm going to email you a pic of a car the kids are looking at tomorrow....you and your Hubby can try to figure out what kind it is.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Aug 10th, 2021 at 08:13 PM.
    walkonby and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@walkonby thanks for pointing this out. I had seen the notice when I last logged in for online but much like @Lynn49 they don’t need to worry about me not hitting that threshold. Especially since LCBO stopped offering Air Miles so now I use my PC MC at the LCBO
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sorry about that misstep on my part @Lynn49
    It wasn't an email MC sent me but rather when I logged into my account there was a notice at the top of the page about it.
    We are pretty much the same using the card, always pay in full each month, charge tons on it each month, so unsure why they are giving us the heads up?

Oh and btw I know nuttin about vehicles. As an example years ago a coworker asked me what kind of car I drove and I said red because that was the colour.

Poor beat up Blue Jays got pummeled by the Angels. ( extra sad because Trout is out and another of their big hitters too )
    Plus it didn't help when they blew a double play and later lost a ball in the sun! Double header for them....hope they can bounce back and win the second one.
    Lynn49 and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka and Tweets77 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can't believe that at 9:30 I'm the first to post?!

Well, we might as well bundle up and wait for winter! Taking a peek at the Farmer's Almanac, we're in for a frigid winter, continued lousy August, but on the upside, it might be nice from the 1st to the 7th of September! Bleak news, unpack those winter woolies!

So SIL and GS tested negative for covid! They were both hit with sore throats, colds and slight fevers, so DD called our health unit and they suggested they be tested. They've both been vaccinated twice.

Not much else going on...the kids are heading to Orillia to look at a vintage-ish car for our DD for summers. Should be interesting...

Not much else going on...our tans are fading, haven't seen much sunshine in August. I feel so bad for families who booked holidays in this month expecting beach weather.

Have a day!
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

shameful of me to slither in here after 3 p.m. for my first post, but when you partake in a sit down full turkey dinner for 3 at nearly 4 a.m. what can one expect will happen?
    That sleep inducing nutrient in turkey ( tryptophan ) did it's magic on me right away and the carbs served were of no help.
    No regrets though.....it was lovely and fun and clearly shift workers have big sway with what the mealtimes around here are ....lol.

Great news about your " guys " testing negative for covid @Lynn49
    It is a very very soupy humid day out there. Kudos to my DS for gathering apples for me to juice later on tonight.
    He filled a 13 Litre cooler.

Have a great afternoon and evening all!

Name:  IMG_0797.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  345.3 KB
    Natalka and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That's going to be a lot of apple juice, @walkonby !
    Gosh I don't even know where my Breville is packed away! Lol!
    Enjoy...! Best part: no peeling!

Btw...the car wasn't what they were looking for....😎
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Aug 11th, 2021 at 04:42 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ha ha ^^^ and @Lynn49 I just printed out how to make apple cider and using just 10 apples quartered, covered with water
    ( 2" above top of apples ) in a cooking pot with sugar, cinnamon, allspice added makes 1 gallon ( or 15 cups of cider ).
    The cooking time is long though....3+ hours. I will probably double that recipe.
    Apparently you can freeze apple cider.

Thread Information