User Tag List

Page 1722 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 722 1222 1622 1672 1712 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1732 1772 1822 ... LastLast
Results 25,816 to 25,830 of 29328
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning everyone.
    Skippy, harbie, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!
    Skippy, harbie and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning everyone.

Parts of the lower mainland (Vancouver) are supposed to get snow this morning! So far my area has been has been spared like they predicted. It better stay away, I just did my garden yesterday!!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@danger_dan congratulations on your shift in work! You’re quite fortunate to be able to cut out your commute and have more family time! Here’s to making more memories with them! Blessings to you and yours!
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Purdee, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well I remembered yesterday was the big reveal for @danger_dan and then it went out of my mind somewhere so IÂ’m back today and of course I get the low power alert. I sometimes feel like that dude who used to spin plate after plates on the end of sticks and kept them going unlike me! (and you young whipper snappers think youÂ’re talented with a computer! try the plates!
    Got in a walk with Tim Hortons-he was a good incentive but need to do more than just that. WeÂ’ll see what the body says!
    The sun is shining which is welcome. It makes a difference and allows me to mess around outside when I did basically squat with all the inside winter jobs.
    Whatever you are facing today May you know that despite all our difficulties. We live in a country that many arenÂ’t as fortunate to live in.Take your blessings where you can find them!
    harbie, Purdee, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    morning everyone.
    hrmph! Good morning indeed " Mr. bury the lead! ". ha ha I'm joking with you @danger_dan BUT to keep us guessing as to how far your new work commute was going to be was kind of cruel no? I was seriously concerned it might have been a longer drive for you.

Just imagine ( I'm sure you have ) on any dreaded Monday, you'll be brewing your mugga and sashaying over to your home office.....oh the freedom along with the fringe benefits of no commute. The gas savings, extra thick locks of hair ( you won't tear as many strands out now ) and the great walks you will be able to take Cooper on. So very happy for the direction your life has taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    As for you @Lynn49 , that real photo of the fat cat immediately made me pee myself, so ty for that! We used to have Puff, ages ago when our 3 kids were still kids. She was a rescue ( sort of ), my Mom had an elderly friend who begged for someone to take her as she was being abused/neglected by the grandkids. That family had no business being furbaby owners.
    The friend of my Mom felt helpless to intervene ( I believe she herself was disabled/ill ) but enough was enough and Puff came to live with us, the stairs helped her lose some weight.
    The horrible matted fur was a nightmare, but I got through it slowly, week by week.

I digress....that photo brought back hilarious memories of our " sexy " fat cat Puff, who often posed just like that!

I am feeling a little more positive now about Hamlet than I did yesterday afternoon. He had his scheduled dental surgery, 2 teeth for extraction, which turned into 3 teeth once the vet got in there and could get a better idea of what was going on.
    We brought him back home around 3:30 wearing that God awful cone of shame. he hated every single moment of it.
    Took off upstairs, crawling under the bed the instant we opened the carrier. Pouting and definitely miserable he placed himself in the direct middle of the QS bed, so you cannot grab him from either side.
    I was on the floor cursing my short arms!
    It was a difficult ( for me emotionally ) late evening, and overnight. Getting the prescribed antibiotics and pain meds into him was....well as any pet owners know that can be a challenge, especially with cats, they are WAY smarter than dogs and won't just eat something and ask questions later.
    Hamlet sniffed the blob of tuna ( real tuna! ) and glared at me as if to say " is there a freaking pill inside that ?"

Oh the fun we had! NOT.
    I removed the cone and he was wonderfully grateful, eating and walking around like nothing happened to him. Of course that might be the effects of the pain meds keeping him so chill.
    This is a long post....sorry gang! hey! wanna see a picture of my lunch? That's the equivalent of saying " SQUIRREL " to a dog! bwahahaha

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/364596...6/#post7195914
    harbie, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Your lunch looks lovely, @walkonby! I just had egg salad on 5 small size broughies, but tasty nevertheless. I was going to have a miso soup with it, but they were surprisingly filling along with a big apple.

Does that cat look like she may be preggers? Or fat. Almost like those Suda pics I sent you with that one leg gracefully up in the air, our DD saying, "Suda...girl cats don't sit like that, put your leg down."....I don't know which was funnier, her describing Suda as she was sending me the pic, or her admonishment that girls just don't do that sort of thing, hahaha!!

So, I went for a walk!! ALL around the block, no walker! It was lovely, +13, 15 now...but I'm thinking what's about to hit those poor prairies overnight...omgosh, how dreadful!! The line-ups to stock food and meds, kids likely off school for the next 3 days?! in April!!
    There's only one small patch of snow on our lawn and it'll be gone soon, too, so yay....no more snow!

Not much else going on....no real housework to do, we pretty much keep up as things go along, so I'm putting another donation box together which reminds me I'm not sure if St Vincent de Paul has started taking clothes again. I'll have to call. Again, some still have tags.

Enjoy your evening, everyone!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I searched around but was unable to find a good shot of Puff at her fattest, oh well. This guy is pretty funny ( Nova ) our DS's cat.

Name:  sitting.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  61.7 KB
    harbie, Lynn49, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    @walkonby Nova is very cute he seems to be posting for the camera
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Gooooood Morning Folks.
    Have a wonderful day everyone.
    harbie, walkonby and cath007 like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Morning, all!

ALL the snow is gone from our yards! It finally looks like spring!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was sent an email about some woman ( Elizabeth Magie ) who apparently had invented a board game, but not given credit for it. ( what we would recognize as Monopoly ) , but hers had 2 versions of playing. Does anyone recognize this game board from I will say circa 1900?

Name:  Is this a fact or a fake.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  72.9 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Apr 13th, 2022 at 08:50 PM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oops! I Googled it myself and is discovered that Elizabeth Magie was never credited for HER invention. What else is new huh?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...tial_manual_18

Thread Information