User Tag List

Page 175 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 675 1175 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wishing U well today avon! Name:  d91e877207d23a537fc3ecde61b88a01.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  71.1 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @danger_dan , if you believe the Farmer's Almanac, this will be our summer...

Sooo...how did the new house look this weekend? When is your moving date?
    Have a great day!
    Hi @Lynn49 , visit to the house was great, got a much better look at everything. It was rainy, and was rainy for most of last week, which was great for what we wanted to look at inside in the basement...wanted to make sure the sump pump was working well and there were no leaks and seepage, and there wasn't

Our move date is set for July 19-21, so we still have time...to pack and get ourselves set to go.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Hi @Lynn49, visit to the house was great, got a much better look at everything. It was rainy, and was rainy for most of last week, which was great for what we wanted to look at inside in the basement...wanted to make sure the sump pump was working well and there were no leaks and seepage, and there wasn't

Our move date is set for July 19-21, so we still have time...to pack and get ourselves set to go.
    Oh, excellent, Dan!! The rain finally worked to someone's advantage!
    Enjoy this process....your first home together....what a blessing!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Welcome to home ownership! Enjoy!

Hi @Lynn49 , visit to the house was great, got a much better look at everything. It was rainy, and was rainy for most of last week, which was great for what we wanted to look at inside in the basement...wanted to make sure the sump pump was working well and there were no leaks and seepage, and there wasn't

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    G'day! Make sure you get all the housework done and get your hair and makeup ready before you start sewing today!
    Hahaha.. @GoodBoy , I wouldn't go into the back YARD without make-up and my pearl stud earrings..!!! So in a way, I'm still a product of the 40s....uh...50s.
    The things I do in the name of vanity!!....

Have a great day, Sweets!!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Good night, folks! Sadie and I are Chatham listening to the thunder roar! We arrived in the middle of the last passing storm.
    Everything is set for tomorrow's ceremony for my husband. I dropped by the cemetery on the way into town and the stone has been erected. I am happy about that.
    This weather can do what it likes tonight but I am sincerely hoping it has cleared up by noon tomorrow.
    I am lying here just trying not to think.
    Tomorrow will be a hard one. But lots of friends and family near and far sending and bringing their love and support.
    He would have been 68 tomorrow. On the way in to town, I went to the provincial park where we met and picked up some soil to add to the mix that will surround him.
    I really have to try to get some sleep. Got to drive Sadie out to the dog-sitter' s tomorrow morning for the day. She has been so good but the thunder and hotel surroundings are unsettling her a bit. ( Come to think of it, me too.)
    Good night folks!
    @avoncallingu - I hope you got some sleep last night; you're going to need it today.
    I hope the rain's stopped, & the sun is out there, it is here.
    Believe me, my thoughts are with you today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi @Lynn49, visit to the house was great, got a much better look at everything. It was rainy, and was rainy for most of last week, which was great for what we wanted to look at inside in the basement...wanted to make sure the sump pump was working well and there were no leaks and seepage, and there wasn't
    @danger_dan - that's exciting. For me, after my purchase, that 1st visit back to the new house was wonderful. It confirmed I'd made the right decision. It was fun checking it out again, knowing it was mine - where things were going, what I wanted to do with it, etc., etc., etc.
    Enjoy the experience.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Hoping ever one has had a good day so far. I re potted two plants this afternoon before the sky opened up an poured like crazy complete with thunder. Now it is nice and sunny.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sad event on our street just now......when DH and I were having dinner, the phone rang, he looked at the number and ignored it because we don't answer 'unknown' callers. After dinner I picked it up to find out if there was a message and to cancel it, and a woman left a message saying that her MIL lived at xxx address on our street,and they hadn't been able to reach her yesterday or this morning. so if possible, could we check on her. I called our DD because I knew that she knew her name, and asked if that was her name (thinking it might be a hoax call), and she confirmed it is, so I told her I was going to check on her. When I got out the door, a few neighbours were outside her door and I asked them if they, too, had rec'd the call, and they had. Long story short, our next door neighbour knocked on her door, her car was in the driveway, then he opened it, and found her on her kitchen floor. I just saw her mowing her lawn yesterday afternoon and waved to her!!! So an ambulance came, a detective, police and I just left there...they're awaiting the coroner.

What a sad way to end the day...I called our DD back and told her and she said, "I know." I said how did she know, and she said she thought of her this morning, just out of the blue.....and that usually doesn't mean anything good.
    I used to do with with friends...I'd seem to sense that something was wrong and call them just to chat and sure enough someone was ill, someone was in trouble, etc, etc....seems she has that "lovely" gift, too, if you can call it that.

Anyway...just feeling sad at the moment, regretting not getting to know her better...her DH passed away a few years ago....just a yucky, sick feeling right now......

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How very sad ☹️

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh Dear me, Lindi! So sad to hear of your news!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Oh Dear me, Lindi! So sad to hear of your news!
    Oh, my dear Friend.......I said a prayer for your DH and you, your families this afternoon...how are you this evening?
    You surely must be both emotionally and physically drained...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Lynn49 that's very sad news I am sorry.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Sad event on our street just now......when DH and I were having dinner, the phone rang, he looked at the number and ignored it because we don't answer 'unknown' callers. After dinner I picked it up to find out if there was a message and to cancel it, and a woman left a message saying that her MIL lived at xxx address on our street,and they hadn't been able to reach her yesterday or this morning. so if possible, could we check on her. I called our DD because I knew that she knew her name, and asked if that was her name (thinking it might be a hoax call), and she confirmed it is, so I told her I was going to check on her. When I got out the door, a few neighbours were outside her door and I asked them if they, too, had rec'd the call, and they had. Long story short, our next door neighbour knocked on her door, her car was in the driveway, then he opened it, and found her on her kitchen floor. I just saw her mowing her lawn yesterday afternoon and waved to her!!! So an ambulance came, a detective, police and I just left there...they're awaiting the coroner.

What a sad way to end the day...I called our DD back and told her and she said, "I know." I said how did she know, and she said she thought of her this morning, just out of the blue.....and that usually doesn't mean anything good.
    I used to do with with friends...I'd seem to sense that something was wrong and call them just to chat and sure enough someone was ill, someone was in trouble, etc, etc....seems she has that "lovely" gift, too, if you can call it that.

Anyway...just feeling sad at the moment, regretting not getting to know her better...her DH passed away a few years ago....just a yucky, sick feeling right now......
    @Lynn49 - that must be so upsetting. I'm sorry you had to go through than.
    I think it is a gift, and that most people have it, but ignore it. Some call it a 6th sense, but I wish more people would pay attention to those feelings.

Thread Information