User Tag List

Page 1811 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 811 1311 1711 1761 1801 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1821 1861 1911 ... LastLast
Results 27,151 to 27,165 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello
    Skippy and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Full back tattoo @Lynn49? or completing a sleeve?
    Not a "Mike Tyson" perhaps?
    @danger_dan, our DD already has a half-back lotus tattoo and it’s beautiful. She was careful, as she was building her business, not to have one showing.

We’re having bunnies. Yah…not something that would draw much respect from a biker gang! Lololol!

Our DD happened to say, “ We should get Mather-Daughter tattoos!” at thanksgiving. I immediately agreed, much to the surprise of everyone. Since our GS was born I wanted to celebrate it by having a tattoo, but what? And where do I go?!
    We looked at various ones but they weren’t “us”.

one day she phoned and said, “Mom…what’s your favourite childhood or fairytale book?”
    She knew: The Velveteen Rabbit.
    ”And what’s mine!”
    I said, “Alice in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass” (she’s read both a few times…)
    ”And, Mom…what’s common to both of them?”
    Bunnies!! Me, the Rabbit, her, the March Hare (she was born in March)!

So we found a lovely, simple single line drawing of a sweet bunny and although mine will be smaller (I’m chicken), hers will be about 2” and we’re getting them on opposite firearms so that according to her, “ When we hold hands, they’ll be together!”.

Sorry you asked? Lol!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Nov 15th, 2022 at 07:43 PM.
    GoJays, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Full back tattoo @Lynn49? or completing a sleeve?
    Not a "Mike Tyson" perhaps?
    HAHAHAHAHA!!
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone.

I am not liking today’s weather have a few errands to run.

Be careful if you have to be on the road everyone.
    harbie, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @danger_dan, our DD already has a half-back lotus tattoo and it’s beautiful. She was careful, as she was building her business, not to have one showing.

We’re having bunnies. Yah…not something that would draw much respect from a biker gang! Lololol!

Our DD happened to say, “ We should get Mather-Daughter tattoos!” at thanksgiving. I immediately agreed, much to the surprise of everyone. Since our GS was born I wanted to celebrate it by having a tattoo, but what? And where do I go?!
    We looked at various ones but they weren’t “us”.

one day she phoned and said, “Mom…what’s your favourite childhood or fairytale book?”
    She knew: The Velveteen Rabbit.
    ”And what’s mine!”
    I said, “Alice in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass” (she’s read both a few times…)
    ”And, Mom…what’s common to both of them?”
    Bunnies!! Me, the Rabbit, her, the March Hare (she was born in March)!

So we found a lovely, simple single line drawing of a sweet bunny and although mine will be smaller (I’m chicken), hers will be about 2” and we’re getting them on opposite firearms so that according to her, “ When we hold hands, they’ll be together!”.

Sorry you asked? Lol!
    Absolutely not.
    I love it!

I'll be getting some tattoos sometime in the near(ish) future. there' are stories behind them too...just not quite sure how they end just yet...so I'm just going to have to wait a little while longer.
    harbie, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Also...good morning everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I knew all along! Thank you for confirming why I felt SMRT'r today @GoJays.

Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Nov 16th, 2022 at 09:17 AM.
    harbie, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Hump Day everyone....NO CAMELS today...instead I bring you a small giggle courtesy of a baby elephant!

Did this snowfall put a wrench in my plans for today..... Hrmph! I don't want to drive in it, even though the 2 outings will be close by and are necessary.
    Funny thing happened last night. I was setting up the Christmas tree ( I know, many of you are like WT actual F? ) But I want to and who will stop me?
    So it was one of those " do a bit, then sit, rest the back, rinse, repeat " so this took most of the evening.

A great chunk of the labour was actually getting the decor down from shelves and whatever had been shoved deep into cupboards, but once there was
    enough to start I had DH and DS bring all of it all up to the main floor. Much of it will go back down, but I needed to take inventory.
    The tree is quite lovely ( so far ) with just white and blue lights on it and the tree top angel, and surprisingly the cats are being so good.

The funny part came when I opened the blinds to the back door to get my Olaf inflatable plugged in out back......the snow! I had no idea
    it had been falling all that time while I was busy rushing Christmas. Hey no judgement, my neighbour 3 houses over has their outside lights and decor on.

I cannot even think about bundling up to fight with extension cords out there so inside today it will be a sorting nightmare as I struggle to pick
    the best ornaments to adorn the tree. I do love a theme but I can never stick to JUST one thing. Like tying matching glittery bows on the branches
    or say a juvenile theme as we have so many child friendly ornaments from when the 3 were tots.
    Then there are the eye catching wooden ornaments, or the ones that MOVE! sigh..... It'll end up being a Heinz 57 tree again. DH will of course sneak
    a few of his weird ornaments on the branches when I'm not paying attention.
    I ask you....who clips a TROLL on the tree? An ugly troll too, it's not even cute or dressed in Christmas colours??

o.k. gotta get moving soon, those errands won't run themselves!
    harbie and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Absolutely not.
    I love it!

I'll be getting some tattoos sometime in the near(ish) future. there' are stories behind them too...just not quite sure how they end just yet...so I'm just going to have to wait a little while longer.
    Aw, thank you, @danger_dan....Hubby was reticent in the beginning, thinking I'd look like some biker mama, but how can anyone think a sweet little bunny is anything but innocent? My first thought was having it placed on my lower outside calf, but then our DD said all I'd need is an ankle bracelet to look like a hoochie-mama... So on the inside arm it goes. I'm sure it'll surprise a lot of people at camp next summer, lol...

Good luck with your stories; I hope it all comes together one day, Dan.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Nov 16th, 2022 at 11:44 AM.
    harbie, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Happy Hump Day everyone....NO CAMELS today...instead I bring you a small giggle courtesy of a baby elephant
    Did this snowfall put a wrench in my plans for today..... Hrmph! I don't want to drive in it, even though the 2 outings will be close by and are necessary.
    Funny thing happened last night. I was setting up the Christmas tree ( I know, many of you are like WT actual F? ) But I want to and who will stop me?
    So it was one of those " do a bit, then sit, rest the back, rinse, repeat " so this took most of the evening.

A great chunk of the labour was actually getting the decor down from shelves and whatever had been shoved deep into cupboards, but once there was
    enough to start I had DH and DS bring all of it all up to the main floor. Much of it will go back down, but I needed to take inventory.
    The tree is quite lovely ( so far ) with just white and blue lights on it and the tree top angel, and surprisingly the cats are being so good.

The funny part came when I opened the blinds to the back door to get my Olaf inflatable plugged in out back......the snow! I had no idea
    it had been falling all that time while I was busy rushing Christmas. Hey no judgement, my neighbour 3 houses over has their outside lights and decor on.

I cannot even think about bundling up to fight with extension cords out there so inside today it will be a sorting nightmare as I struggle to pick
    the best ornaments to adorn the tree. I do love a theme but I can never stick to JUST one thing. Like tying matching glittery bows on the branches
    or say a juvenile theme as we have so many child friendly ornaments from when the 3 were tots.
    Then there are the eye catching wooden ornaments, or the ones that MOVE! sigh..... It'll end up being a Heinz 57 tree again. DH will of course sneak
    a few of his weird ornaments on the branches when I'm not paying attention.
    I ask you....who clips a TROLL on the tree? An ugly troll too, it's not even cute or dressed in Christmas colours??

o.k. gotta get moving soon, those errands won't run themselves!

Fantastic, @walkonby!!! This just reinforces why we're Friends!! It's never too early to put the tree up!!

You do realize of course, that you require 2 trees: one elegant one for grownups, a 2nd one for "the boys" to mess with along with the bits and bobs of memories...there ya go: a memory tree!!

I did our tree up last year in just red and silver and boy, I'll never go back to a fully coloured tree...our lights change from coloured to white at the tap of a foot, so I can have it either way, but the red and silver stays. I had poked in lots of red berry branches, glittery long fern leaves from the $store, red roses...I just loved it to crazies. Your blue and silver sounds lovely...I've always liked those presents best as a kid that Mom wrapped in pretty blue and silver wrapping paper; to this day I still love that combination. Pictures of course, are mandatory here.

NO tree here, no decorations, no baking, (not sure about the village that our GS used to put up...being 14 now I'm sure it's not as interesting for him anymore but I'm sure he has nice memories of us putting it all together since he was a tot.)...clever Hubby already put the lights around the eaves on the front of the house when it was a lovely day, so that's done, although not connected, yet.

Enjoy your tree and yes, by all means, hide the troll!!!!
    harbie and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Also...good morning everyone.

I knew all along! Thank you for confirming why I felt SMRT'r today @GoJays.
    Glad I could help!
    I saw that elephant video early this morning @walkonby , it actually made me laugh out loud
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing you all a lovely night and evening
    Skippy, harbie, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, harbie and danger_dan like this.

Thread Information