User Tag List

Page 341 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 441 841 1341 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Thank you @GoodBoy .
    Enjoy that fireplace. I haven't had the energy to chop any wood yet, but soon.
    Thank you. Currently sitting in front of this.

Sent from my iPhone

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, @GoodBoy ...I must have missed it in the Smartsaver. Might pick up the TS, also.
    Yes, by all means, please type slower so we can keep up.

I mentioned "no snow" too soon! There's whike stuff trickling down now but not staying on the ground except for a light dusting. So it begins......

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Love the architectural details! Reminds me of victorian details, old brownstones in NY! Do you decorate for Christmas? That requires a real tree, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Thank you. Currently sitting in front of this.

Sent from my iPhone

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Love the architectural details! Reminds me of victorian details, old brownstones in NY! Do you decorate for Christmas? That requires a real tree, of course....
    House is over 100 years old so it is in keeping with its period.

Used to decorate and have a real tree. Yes. Now I am never home for Xmas so do not bother.

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sat, Nov 4th, 2017 at 01:22 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I hate this city sometimes lol. I go to the convenience store close to me that also has a laundry only to find it closed and empty. Then I go to a very popular place that has a bakery, meals etc and every station I would have wanted something from had no one behind the counter. They have so much stuff but I can never seem to get anything there. Then I go past the Chinese restaurant to get lunch there instead and find that they changed their Saturday hours to only open at 3.30pm. Lol.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well, I just got back from walking Jake. Geez, it's really cold out there !!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

House is over 100 years old so it is in keeping with its period.

Used to decorate and have a real tree. Yes. Now I am never home for Xmas so do not bother.

Sent from my iPhone
    Where do you go for Christmas @GoodBoy , if you don't mind me asking?

Funny, I've had a real tree or two, every year until I lost my DH, then no tree @ all for a couple of years. Just wasn't in the Christmas spirit.
    Then after moving here, & another do nothing over the holidays, went to a Boxing Day sale @ Sheridan Nursery, and bought an artificial. No way could I get a real one on the rag top. This one was really expensive, even though it was 1/2 price; it has 2500 lights, & goes almost to the ceiling. It's just beautiful.
    Partly because I plug in a pine scented Air Wick, most people believe it's real.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

First world problems, @cabmonk , hahaha. Dang it, that meant you had to cook?! Tsk, the inconvenience of it all...hahaha. Gosh, except for trips out of town, we likely eat out....um....let's see.....never? Can't remember a time! The only thing we do is drop into Subway when we get back to town from camp; neither of us wants to cook after packing up and driving home. But thst's it!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Hicks, it's pretty darn cold here, too...that stupid snow has clung to the trees here.
    Stupid crap.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hope all have a good weekend. Made a turning point this morning. Saw the Finish MIR in the paper and then saw I have so much Finish from previous MIRs that I will give this one a pass! I never thought I would reach that point.

Sent from my iPhone
    So you're "Finished " with the Finish Good Boy! 😆 You knew SOMEONE had to say it!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 Oh I know lol, I really just wanted to go for a walk. I actually saw the subway and thought hmm I'll go there it was only a block away. I decided to just walk home instead. I actually went for another walk about 4pm to go to food basics to get some bread and nuts.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks!

The non-Kinsmen went on a bus tour today while the Kinsmen had meetings. We visited a "Cidery" that grows heritage apples and uses it's own unique method of crushing and fermenting the cider. Lovely place run by an older couple that wants to respect and revive traditional methods and have to ally paid attention to detail.

No snow but you could definitely see the fellow's breath as he led us around outside.

Incredible coincidences-My old vet from Chatham was on the tour as her husband belongs to a Kinsman group that is here at the conference. Got caught up a bit with her-she's a lovely woman.

Asked her about dog breeds that might work for me. @Lynn49 - guess what she suggested - yep! What about a dachshund? She was really appreciating them as companion dogs. I can hear you yelping from here!

I got to eat lunch with my friend from Collingwood so that worked out nicely and found a really grreat shop with very attractive clothing that had an incredible sale.

So a fine time all around.

Hicks, by the way, never worry about your sweet doggie! I would take him in a minute if you would let me -but that, of course, is not going to be necessary.

I hope you can have those pictures printed and framed!

Hoe Down with a prime rib supper tonight. Yee Haw!

Take care!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Nov 4th, 2017 at 04:55 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You have snow @Lynn49 ?
    Thank goodness we don't - yet. Feels cold enough that we could.

That is so sweet of you @avoncallingu .
    But you're right, it won't be necessary. We are being well looked after.
    Last edited by 22hicks; Sat, Nov 4th, 2017 at 05:03 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Where do you go for Christmas @GoodBoy, if you don't mind me asking?

Funny, I've had a real tree or two, every year until I lost my DH, then no tree @ all for a couple of years. Just wasn't in the Christmas spirit.
    Then after moving here, & another do nothing over the holidays, went to a Boxing Day sale @ Sheridan Nursery, and bought an artificial. No way could I get a real one on the rag top. This one was really expensive, even though it was 1/2 price; it has 2500 lights, & goes almost to the ceiling. It's just beautiful.
    Partly because I plug in a pine scented Air Wick, most people believe it's real.

I have an artificial tree too.It was my beloved mother and old house one.He his with lights but I losted the plug so I will put others ones this year.I dont want to buy another one because it is a sentimental value and no chance of a real one at the 3 stairs.With the lost of my mother in 2007 and my brother in 2014 I was just not on the spirit of hollidays.....But I will try this year and put the tree on.My father will work on the 24 december but not the 25 december at least...that help...We had a hard time Relationship with years but since 2007 we are closer and live togheter.
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Nov 4th, 2017 at 05:33 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where do you go for Christmas @GoodBoy , if you don't mind me asking?

I love the idea of your tree. As long as it is festive then super! And the lights sounds awesome! I bet it looks amazing!!

I have been spending the last number of Xmas periods (and will also this year) in England. I find they celebrate the holidays so much better than here in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone

Thread Information