User Tag List

Page 757 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 257 657 707 747 755 756 757 758 759 767 807 857 1257 1757 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,355 of 29339
Like Tree118491Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy 🐈 urday!

Our son came over in the evening after his aft staff party, dropped off the new bed. He will come into the city Sunday to put it in the bedroom.

Hope you all have a great day! Enjoy the hustle and bustle - honestly, you will never know how much you miss it once you are unable to participate!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Sorry to have questioned you but there's been so many pearl-clutching, fainting couch-needing snowflakes who have been yowling about how the song has been ...gasp...censured(sic)..
    Btw...I haven't heard many of the songs you mentioned..."I want a mistress for Christmas"??!!! MORE than weird!!

Merry Christmas!!!
    However it really isn't a Christmas song.IMO.

it's a winter season song.

For me a Christmas carol has to mention the "Reason for the Season" ie the birth of the Christ child. "Stille Nacht." "Adeste Fideles" " I Saw Three Kings"

Christmas songs are those like "Santa Claus is coming to town", "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus"."I believe in Father Christmas" 'I want a mistress for Christmas"

The you have Winter songs "Aqualung" "Jingle Bells" and "Baby".

And then you have the ...gasp..British number One Songs..."Mr Blobby" Bob the Builder's "Can we fix it?"

Of course all of this is my opinion.
    I get it, @Darth Penguin ...you feel "Christmas" songs should be secular only. I on the other hand don't feel that my enjoyment of 'winter' songs at this time of year precludes the fact that I don't also enjoy secular songs...I enjoy both. Any song that can bring joy to us this time of the year...well...isn't that what Christmas is all about...being joyful?

I wondered what movie that song was first sung in, thinking that perhaps it came out this time of year therefore was associated with Christmas season, but nope...it came out in the movie Neptune's Daughter, June 1949 (the year I was born, btw..).
    It also seems that TCM feels that movie should be seen this time of year, since it's airing it on Friday, Dec 28th, at 4:45am...hahaha!! Not exactly a crowd-pleaser, but someone out there likes it!

It's like our SIL's favourite Christmas season song: My Favourite Things!! Our DD always teases him about it, but really..that movie IS shown sometime this time of year, so the association has stuck. Weird the songs that bring us pleasure!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning, Happy  urday!

Our son came over in the evening after his aft staff party, dropped off the new bed. He will come into the city Sunday to put it in the bedroom.

Hope you all have a great day! Enjoy the hustle and bustle - honestly, you will never know how much you miss it once you are unable to participate!
    @Natalka ...well, step 1 has been a success...one more day and your new bed will be in place for a really good night's sleep!!
    And you're right about it being difficult for some people to imagine how much we can miss our independence when confined to our homes. I know I felt it all that summer, stuck in a bedroom for several weeks, then stuck at home barely mobile....unless someone is in your shoes it may be very difficult to understand how confined you really are. But when you get into your new home, you'll have a wheelchair that'll fit through doorways, perhaps a ramp to head outdoors....now THERE'S something to look forward to, Nat!!
    Hopin' and prayin' it'll all work out that way for you!!

I still need to find my KrisKringle gift for our family game! I did buy something but I was settling, so now I want to find the "perfect" item. Our DD otoh, had to find a box "big enough" for her gift, oh...and it's "really heavy"!!! Brat!!! I can't begin to imagine what it could be...oh, AND it was UNDER our $10 limit!!!
    My Hubby will be on drop-off, pick-up duty as I shop some stores here...like Avon, I'll be bringing my patience with me. At least it's a lovely sunny day out there!! Colder than predicted, but sunny!

Have a beautiful day, everyone!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka and walkonby like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Morning sleepyheads!!

I was " oot and aboot " early today grabbing last minute pkgs of cream cheese. Had to bake a pumpkin cheesecake because making up 88 mini tarts was not enough.
    ( sarcasm )

So....I am chomping at the bit trying to prep something for the Christmas Eve nosh here and of course for the dinner the next day but it seems still a bit too early to get anything other than some baking done.

Have a relaxed Sunday ( if that is even possible!! )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

..........I don't get it, @walkonby .....
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thx for the earworm, walks!

Lynn, you gotta get your '70s groove on!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I guessed I missed morning on here, so good afternoon and Happy Sunday!

Have been up for hours and hours, just busy.

Sleep was actually decent, for me.

Trying to firm up plans for Sviate Vechir - Christmas Eve supper. Dishes have to be adapted since there will be no one here during the day to prep/cook. Will try to do some prep today. Tradition says the meal should be at the sign of the first star in the evening, but we'll be eating much later.

Hope you all have a lovely day!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    ..........I don't get it, @walkonby .....
    A 2 man group....Hall and Oates and their song Rich Girl.....bwahahaha...Natalka got it!!!

Newfiescreech, kool_105 and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ha! I thought it was "Hot Porridge " - couldn't see what that had to do with being rich. Thanks for stretching my brain!

Well, guess I overdid it yesterday.... I had to get up and walk around in church this morning because the pain in my back was going right down my leg. So instead of wrapping, I am lying in bed trying to get some relief.

So, I can't wait to see "It's a Wonderful Life" tomorrow. We weren't allowed to get up on Christmas Day until our dad checked for Santa and jingle the bells on the front door saying, "Bye, Santa! He's been!"

That tradition came to be the year after my brotherR got up at about 4am and opened all the gifts!

Going to try a bit of a snooze. Tootie is chilled out beside me. Time to just let the body, mind, spirit heal.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Jays, my niece just posted this yesterday

Name:  .facebook_1545591179385.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  83.4 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Dec 23rd, 2018 at 01:56 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee, Avon, I hope that eases up for you quickly.
    Do those pelvic thrusts, they really help!

Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Newfiescreech likes this.

Thread Information