User Tag List

Page 857 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 357 757 807 847 855 856 857 858 859 867 907 957 1357 1857 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,855 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good idea, @danger_dan , but Avon mentioned that bags or any kind of sand is hard to come by there, so wouldn't kitty litter help give Tootie a foothold? I know how difficult it is for our pups to squat on a skating rink, poor muffins.
    @Lynn49 @avoncallingu , oh, of course, the Kitty Litter will work wonders for slippery surfaces, and it'll warm slightly in the sun as well so our lilttle fur balls won't completely freeze their paws off!
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Feb 27th, 2019 at 07:48 AM.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and barbis9 like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    @Lynn49 @avoncallingu, oh, of course, the Kitty Little will work wonders for slippery surfaces, and it'll warm slightly in the sun as well so our lilttle fur balls won't completely freeze their paws off!
    I don't know why I didn't think of it before you mentioned it, @danger_dan ...aww. warm paws....I"m usually pretty good at jimmy-rigging stuff...Have a safe drive home, Sweets!

@Natalka, no worries, Missy, about bragging about your progress! I probably did the same darn thing when I was recovering! Has anyone come up with any reasons why walking is so difficult for you? It's been so long, so many tests...I hope they can do something for you, Nat that'll permanently cure whatever ails your legs and feet. I've never had any real food from DQ....well, actually a peanut buster parfait with extra caramel no chocolate is pretty real to me! Hahaha!
    Keep up the great progress!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

correction...the kitty littler is about 14lbs...and it's on sale right now at TSC

Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    correction...the kitty littler is about 14lbs...and it's on sale right now at TSC

Rats. She's out buying some litter and groceries now....but with her move in a while, perhaps there's a more suitable spot for Tootie there. Thanks though, Dan, I'm passing this along to the kids.
    Never thought TSC would have stuff like that...thanks!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I feel out of the loop. I don't have a furry baby to compare notes about
    Buuuuuuut.............

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ha! As luck would have it (kind of) I was whipping around Zehr's picking up the things we need and trying to get back within 45 minutes. Did it, but forgot the darned kitty litter. I will see if my brother can pick some up. Having me home full time has become the norm for Tootie. So I knew I would be gone probably over an hour tomorrow to go to the dr. I cancelled my afternoon hair appointment and now I received a message from a dr. that I was supposed to see on Thursday to rebook. That worked out well.

Poor thing was lying behind the door quietly whining when I got home. But she LOVED the chicken "treat" when I got home. I have to go back out to the car because I I forgot my phone and some boxes out there still. I have taken a few trips out to the garage -sometimes with Tootie -sometimes without.

I have to make some more calls and follow up on some things. No rest for the wicked!

@Natalka - keep up the great work! Terrific that you had a double man visit yesterday!

All the rest of my friends, continue having a wonderful day!

BFN!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good night, sweet dreams...and this one might be for you, @Newfiescreech...one more word about that ocean of yours, and......grrrr...well....not that I'm a jealous person, but.....Argh!!!!! ...see? That's a fish. From your OCEAN!!!

Name:  CE46F824-86BB-4CD0-BB91-76991EEB715E.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  60.1 KB

Hi Lynn ..so sorry sweetie..but i’m Longing for spring to get here ..i cant wait ..those deep freezer 🥶 temperatures got me drove crazy 😝 Thank goodness i had lots of paperwork keep me so darn busy over January and February ..if not i say i be gone to the madhouse LOL 😝 i hate winter soooo much ..gee i cant wait get my shorts on get outside ..i’m Tired of being bundle up like bear 🐻..stupid winter coats and boots grrr ..hope all is well with you sweetie..i think my life is back to almost normal again now ..our government audit is done ✅ service fee bills ✅ year end public meeting ✅ year end reports all ✅ i even got a opportunity to help our fire dept out on weekend with their fundraiser mooseburger sale ..it was awesome turn out and raise nice sum money 💰.have wonderful night and please take good care yourself sweetie
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @flemeth - I am so very sorry for your lost
    To those of you dealing with bizarre weather, I am glad to know you are safe.
    It has warmed up here, -37 windchill now.

Yesterday I had trouble falling asleep, as well as keeping asleep. Then it seemed I had just gotten knocked out finally, when my roomie's alarm went off at six. Gah!
    I lollygagged a bit, got up, had a banana muffin, and noted it was an hour until physio so I just went back to bed to daydream and naval-gaze. However, I fell asleep and woke up at 9:20. Physio was to be at 9:30. First thing I realized was that the nurse hadn't brought my painkiller by nine, so I rang for her and quickly dressed. The physiotherapist came just five mins after I had the med, so I explained that to her. She understood and said she had someone nearby she could work with and be back in 20. That worked great because my back was sore and I could do stretches to get things moving.

With meds onboard, I had a great session. I did sit/stands from a lowered bed, shifting weight from leg to leg, then trying it with lifting each foot up in place (very hard for me). Then I was ready to walk, and they said to go just as far as comfortable. I walked farther than yesterday by several metres, sat for a few minutes to do a knee exercise, then was able to walk another six metres.
    So yay, me!
    I am going to have to stop with all this bragging, sorry - but the progress, and sharing of it, feel good.

Last night when supper came, I realized I couldn't eat it, so sent an SOS to my son - and I am not picky, I said anything convenient for him to get. (We had preloaded him with money for food and gas for these instances, so it's not coming out of his pocket.)

He brought some very yummy food from DQ - they do make the best onion rings and don't cost a fortune.
    We ate together, visited a bit then I was going to send him home because he hadn't planned to come. My husband then came with some meds that came by mail, so we had a giggle/laughing/lovefest! It's nice to have both of them together, but they do usually try to come on alternate days.

Hoping you all have a lovely Tuesday!

Thanks to you all for your continued encouragement! It really helps lift my spirits!
    Hi Natalka ...Sweetie you can do all the bragging you wants here ..all you been through ..you sure deserves to brag ..dance around etc ..cause your making lots and lots of progress..so proud to read your posting ..what your actually achieving sweetie ..you keep up the awesome job your doing sweetie ..sending you my thoughts and prayers..praying every day you improve more and more each day .take good care yourself sweetie 🤗 😘
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Aha, so I discovered I am being tested around here...
    The physiotherapist showed up after two I think it was, she wanted to see how I would do cold turkey - without priming the pump with stretches, practices, and them big drugs.

Well, I showed her. I walked longer than I did this morning, sat down for a few minutes to stretch and ease my right leg pain, then walked on more.
    I thought Darcy's head would explode!

Now I do not go out to "best" the last thing I did, it truly is a bonus if one does. It is one way to measure progress. I just do what my legs will allow me.
    @Lynn49 - there is nothing which can be done. Since I last went through this, the arthritis in both knees has gotten so much worse than before. And now I have the added complication of the sciatica, plus the problems I am going through with the pain and numbness of my left hand. PT will help me work on the latter this week. I still have the arm brace I used to use on my forearm, so I will get that from home and she wants to see if it may help at all. It's apparently a problem with the ulnar nerve (maybe palsy).

Time to have a rest.
    Luv to you all!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm so happy to hear that you're making such great progress @Natalka . You're improving by leaps and bounds! No pun intended..... well, not really... sorta.. ok, I'm a laugh riot Here's something to put a smile on your face.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@GoJays - that puppy gif sure warmed my heart, I keep rewatching it - it's just so very sweet!

The one, though, of all the kitties on the man - that would be my dream come true! Ah, I lurves me some kitties!

...and I miss my sweet Vader every single day!

Husband came by after work just for kisses, and he dropped off some yummy fresh bakery danishes. I think I will be the only person ever to gain weight whilst a patient!

Night nurse will be coming soon. Aide will come before that probably to help with which meds she can.

Good night, everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I'm so happy to hear that you're making such great progress @Natalka. You're improving by leaps and bounds! No pun intended..... well, not really... sorta.. ok, I'm a laugh riot Here's something to put a smile on your face.

Hokey smokes, @GoJays , lovely little doggie, but while they were are the counter I saw a truck whip by that doorway...thank goodness that camera person (or someone else!!) had their eyes open or it could have been a tragic video just for a guy showing off his dog!!! This kind of thing scares me to crazies...

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dropping in to say "good night." I start a project and then sometimes just have to stop. I was organizing my Officiant File -which has been needing it for a while. I'm going to phone in tomorrow to the office to poke them a little bit about giving me some bookings and to fill them in on a couple of things.

I'm figuring that by June, I would be ready to start with weddings again.

I put out an invitation to all who might be available to help with a "Boxing Match" on Saturday, March 9. Come and get matched up with a box -or lamp, or small article and then head over to my new place so I can get moved in to sleep there before the movers "do their thing."

I have heard a couple of "not availables" and I know a few other people who won't be around -but I have 2 volunteers + two others who can come on Sunday.

I forgot that I washed the sheets today and so I am sitting waiting for them to dry. Pretty soon I might just climb in and use the comforter. I am beat.

It is clear and cold outside. Tomorrow, a snow event is promised.

Have phoned or messaged a few people who haven't gotten back to me which is holding up the Dominoes!

Hoping sports games or favourite shows or good books or conversations are filling your evening with fun.

Adios, amigos! Sleep well!

Take care!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. We are having another day of nasty weather. Everyone who have to be on the road be careful.
    @Natalka you are doing an awesome. Keep up the great work you are doing.
    I have a few errands to run so will see if I get any done. Also needs to do some cleaning and tidying up sone I would be Have guess from out of town.
    Enjoy your day all

Thread Information