User Tag List

Page 979 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 479 879 929 969 977 978 979 980 981 989 1029 1079 1479 ... LastLast
Results 14,671 to 14,685 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @Lynn49 you are sure going to be busy and entertained. Happy Birthday to your GS who seems to be an awesome Kid you are blessed and so is he to have a wonderful grand ma like you. Also Happy Birthday to your DH. Hope you have fun with all the celebrations
    wendymac, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning @Lynn49 you are sure going to be busy and entertained. Happy Birthday to your GS who seems to be an awesome Kid you are blessed and so is he to have a wonderful grand ma like you. Also Happy Birthday to your DH. Hope you have fun with all the celebrations
    Thank you, @flemeth , yes, this weekend is so busy every year and finally the sun's showing up, too. This will be his first non-family b'day, his others always at camp. I guess at 11 years old and having attended his friends' parties, he wanted one, too...lol.

I hope you're keeping off that leg and lounging around like a princess, being waited on by your family. Unfortunately TV isn't offering any entertainment these days...do you read? Knit?
    Take care of yourself, Flemeth!
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 yes I am staying off my foot. I am very bored just not being able to be out and about I don't like to be couped up. I do read as for knitting I did not have any interest in that growing up even though my mom and sister does.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning everyone! Just deciding to get some responsibilities out of the way instead of zipping around today. BrotherB and the birthday nephew are hiking the Trans Canada Trail today for a school assignment. Boy, they work them down to the wire, I guess. Then he goes to Toronto on Monday for an end-of-year trip. BrotherB is staying back this year so his son feels more like a trip participant than a "son of the chaperone. " Being at your dad's school has its plusses and minuses. (We'very all in our family experienced this.)

I will take over the birthday, anniversary gifts later this afternoon.

Then, church tomorrow and Father's Day celebration lunch at BrotherB's house. Then fast week sliding to the Garage Sale and Covanenting Service, then I will sleep for a week!

Whew-I'm exhausted just listing it all.

I will not volunteer for anything else.
    I will not volunteer for anything else
    I will not volunteer for anything else!!!!!

Have a great day!
    wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - busy weekend for you, but how wonderful!
    Birthday bumps 🎉 🎂 🎈 for your grandson and husband!

@avoncallingu - gosh, your pace with volunteering is what mine used to be, before I got these stupid health problems. Mind you, I was younger then, as well, but I sure miss it!

Husband is not in great shape today, awful start to the weekend for us. He was able to do a few things - washed my hair and made soup for lunch.

Milan will come over tomorrow to mark the day. I would normally cook a fave meal of my husband's, but thought this year we would order in. However, son offered to pick up steaks at a butcher's, so we will BBQ and I will make sides.

My bad foot is at least 1/4 better. Bad news is the cortisone is wearing off from my right knee, because it's hurting me again. How nice it was to not to have to worry about knee pain for the past two and a half months! I will be getting cortisone shots the last week of June when I see the rheumatologist at the hospital.

Hope you are enjoying the day!

Happy 🐈 urday!

Name:  very_true.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  15.0 KB
    wendymac, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Goslings by our riverbank. - not my pic-

Name:  the_baby_geese_are_g.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  706.3 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Jun 15th, 2019 at 04:22 PM.
    wendymac, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1560616729813.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  312.6 KB
    wendymac, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Good evening hope everyone is doing well. I was just a little sore today and resting. I walked 8 miles yesterday to Hersey lake and back. However just a few feet from the end of the trail I tripped over a tree root. I got a big gash in my arm but I got right up and continued to the lake and had my lunch. I had blood dripping down my arm. So it was a good thing a conservation authority truck was sitting at the lake. They helped me clean up and gave me a couple bandaids. I sat for 20 mins to have lunch and then walked back downtown. Will go for another walk tomorrow because it’s supposed to be nice. I’m entering a 5k run/walk in aug and was trying to see how fast I can go. I walked the 5.6k from the trail head to Hersey lake in 45 mins. I’m taking spin classes and circuit training starting June 28th.
    wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Happy Father's day to everyone--yeah! even the women. I'm taking a moment to remember my dad who was a very kind man. @avoncallingu Darned straight. Your time is an irreplaceable and scarce resource. Happy Birthday to your GS and DH @Lynn49

This is going to be a slow Sunday for me of plodding work. I have work day and night these last few months because my ideal retirement job depends on the "people that be" liking my results. It seems as though they do. What a relief it would be to have work out of my own home that is enough+. Then my DH can most sincerely retire and he *needs* to do so. One of the last real pushes in this "audition" of a job, I hope. Enjoy your day, everyone.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning
    Happy Fathers Day to all. For those who don’t have there Dad with them today take some time to remember all the great time you had with him.Not sure what my DD planned to do with there Dad today. Guess I will find out later
    @Lynn49 Happy Birthday to your DH if I remembered right it’s today.
    Have a wonderful Sunday all
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

morning folks!! It is actually kind of nice out right now, as in no rain, clearly my standards are set very low.
    We walked down the street last night to take in the musical offerings of a street party! The musicians were quite good.
    Have not heard Pharrell's song Happy for a while and Smooth Operator! There were many bluesy, jazzy numbers that had no lyrics.
    Kids were dancing around, as the wife of the bass player walked around serving snacks, how sweet!
    We only stayed for a short while , but long enough to catch up with some of the street news from the neighbours, ha ha
    Some have moved away, all our kids have grown up and we have all aged!

I must get my cooking backside into gear soon, been relaxing and coasting since 6 a.m. I just need to figure out a few dinners and then batch cook them up so the guys can be good for the week. Have a wonderful Father's day all!!

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Good morning from northern BC (good afternoon at this point, for some of you)! It's shaping up to be another hot day. After a span of cool, breezy weather, 23 degrees feels scorching.

I've made a cup of tea and am about to sit down and make a marathon phone call to my parents on the East Coast. Father's Day and Mom's birthday. Wish I could be there to make them a cake!

After that, a stroll around the yard to see what is new in the garden. I was delighted yesterday to see a ladybug, a huge, fuzzy bumblebee, and a blue damselfly. Simple pleasures.
    Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy Sunday!

Happy Father's Day!

To those of you with fathers, and/or have husbands who are fathers - hoping you can spend some time with them today.

To those of us whose fathers are gone, remember them fondly - share photos and stories about them with your family.

My Dad was intelligent, wise, and challenging. He had a big voice and a broad smile. He didn't let me get away with a blessed thing!

Name:  facebook_1560698808179.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  79.9 KB
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Thread Information