User Tag List

Page 69 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 569 1069 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Hope you're all doing ok. I called in sick a couple weeks ago but had to do it again for wednesday. I had 5 days off but I'm still sick. Hey I'm part time but starting this year I get 23 hours of sick time.
    Hi Cabmonk.. hope you feel alot better soon . Get lots of rest and drink plenty liquids.. try have wonderful day.. Take good care yourself

Name:  IMG_0664.GIF
Views: 127
Size:  52.3 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Us, here today. Only worse!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This guy wouldn't need a tow-rope to snowboard down the street around here today! BIG wind!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Nooooo!! ^^

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=Lynn49;6751836]Good morning, everyone!!

Well, I woke up this morning and as usual said to myself: "don't move, don't move" because when I do, the pain starts again in that leg. So I stayed there just in that dozy state, then without thinking, flipped over and whoa!!!!! NO pain behind my knee!! It went away yesterday after my therapist's massage, but I wasn't about to leap to any conclusions about "I'm healed!", but.......I can't believe that I walked down those 4 stairs one at a time!
    "Rolfing". That's what she was doing...a very unfortunate word, but effective in relieving pain.
    So I'm MUCH more optimistic about my mobility in the future!!

It's a horrible, blizzardy day out there, so I'm going to confine myself to my craft or sewing room and play all day.

Have a great day, everyone, and HAPPY MARCH!!

[

Hi Lynn

AWESOME !!! so glad hear your wonderful news ...thank goodness .. it's been long hard road for you .. but things looking good .. That's main thing.. keeping you in my thoughts and prayers .. Have wonderful day and please take extra care yourself sweetie

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 i hear ya on that crap weather lol. Went to food bank early for 6am (i know they only open at 8.15am) They usually have the front door to a little waiting area open by 6am. Someone finally opened the front door by 7.20am. By then I swear I was gonna get frost bite on my toes as the wind after a while was blowing right through my boots. Anyway I got in and went to sit on the stairs and I was feeling really weird like I was going to pass out and felt numb. I sat on the floor until they opened the food bank and finally felt better. The whole time people keep asking me if I was ok, I said yeah but was a little scared I had hypothermia or something. I felt good when I left there and a local taxi company gives you a ride for free from the food bank in winter so I called for a taxi.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    This guy wouldn't need a tow-rope to snowboard down the street around here today! BIG wind!!!

Wowser !! Keep that weather.. we don't need it here either.. So sorry Lynn .. we got enough snow now .. sure don't need anymore.. lol ..we know it's not over here in Newfoundland yet ..storm coming Thursday and into Friday.. plus we got get Sheila's Brush and Paddy's bash ..before we can even think about SPRING coming .. try have good day .. hang in there

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Wowser !! Keep that weather.. we don't need it here either.. So sorry Lynn .. we got enough snow now .. sure don't need anymore.. lol ..we know it's not over here in Newfoundland yet ..storm coming Thursday and into Friday.. plus we got get Sheila's Brush and Paddy's bash ..before we can even think about SPRING coming .. try have good day .. hang in there
    Okaaaayyy...I had to look those two up!! Wow, one after the other near St Paddy's day, huh? Not something to look forward to, and it looks like what we're having here right now. Jenny hasn't been out all day since her piddle this mornng and even then she just stepped onto the patio and that was it! Right back inside. She just went out now, poor critter.
    That wind is howling! It's supposed to clear tomorrow, but at -18, who cares?! haha!
    @cabmonk , wow, that was scary feeling that way, i bet! Good thing you got that ride home; in this weather we may have lost you forever!!! Soup. That's what you need.
    Or hot chocolate.
    With Kahlua.
    Or.
    Just Kahlua.
    Yup. That gets my vote.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Geez, you'd think I'd have started already!!
    Double post....

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks, I think I'm ok now. As I was standing there my eyes couldn't focus and were getting all blurry. Actually work gave me off until next week using my sick pay. So I don't have to go anywhere in this crazy cold for a while.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, cabbie, Don't tell fibs when people ask you if you are ok when you're not. That sounds scary!
    Lynn, your experience in getting out of bed is wonderful and so encouraging!

Last night it was such a terrible thunder storm and blowing that I really couldn't take Sadie out- so, necessity is the mother of invention.

I had a diaper cover that her former owners had used when she was in heat. I had it put in a bag to give away, but I resurrected it and made it into an overnight doggie-depend so that she wouldn't be licking and make herself sick. Voila! It worked!

Fighting a migraine today.

It's been a very emotional day. My minister from my "home" church has given her resignation- long, and not happy story.

So, she cannot be part of my husband's burial service - long and understandable but not reassuring story.

I seem to have lost another pillar in my life. It's a good thing that I have such helpful friends and family!

The weather today was incredibly wonderful but that unbelievable soaking rain last night meant that our little stream overspilled its banks blocking off our walking trail.

So, I have some hand washing to do and some dreaded.....ironing!

I also have more thank-you cards to send. I've put on the 3 part Chicago "Fire,PD, Justice" tonight.

Wishing all of you with pain or illness healing thoughts!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, @avoncallingu ...thank you, it truly is encouraging; much different than the day before for me!
    I feel so much better, and well, you've met our DD, so naturally she's pulling the ol'..."Mom? Didn't someone, oh, a long time ago, suggest massage therapy? Hmm?"
    Um...yah..but I hate being touched by strangers, but boy oh boy there comes a time when one will do anything to get rid of pain!! She's feeling quite smug about the whole thing..hahaha...but I'm feeling great!!!
    Her second day on the job and she's still absolutely loving the new independence and atmosphere there!!!

The snow has stopped falling, the drifting (which is continuing with that wind) has left a pile of snow just above the door handle of our van on one side and it's just not fair! {{{stomping good foot!!!}}}

DD now has to drive from downtown to our 'burbs' and it was white-out conditions! Thank God she and I hope everyone else got home safely!

Toodles and good night everyone!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just for the record, I hate "Colorado" right now.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh @avoncallingu I know. As I sat on the floor I started to feel better. So I said I'll be ok to them. By the time they opened the doors to actually go in I was pretty good. Good thing the taxi company gives you free rides home from the food bank in the winter.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Completely forgot I had a Day Conference to go to yesterday until shortly before bed on Tuesday night...oops!

No harm done...spent the day there yesterday...
    Now there's lots of catching up to do at the office...

Have a wonderful day Fam.
    Back later.
    DANGER

Page 69 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 569 1069 ... LastLast

Thread Information