User Tag List

Page 228 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 728 1228 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    @Lynn49 I always think I hear my mom cough in a grocery store or other place. After my uncle died in a car crash. My cousins best friend was up for a job and drove past that spot. She had an image of him saying don't worry, you got the job.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

When you get to accept that those aren't imaginings it's a much more fun place to live in...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 and @cabmonk you two are making me cry!! Actually sort of a poignant happy reflective cry. The sage story Lynn, that was so cute. Cab, I see a few of us have lost parents near or on Christmas Day ( my Dad was on the 23rd, 41 years ago now ), and I agree it is probably the toughest time to lose anyone.
    Each year after they pass there can often be a sort of guilt attached to that joyous time of year. We are still here and they are not.

I was watching the Home Run Derby earlier and last years winner Stanton got knocked out in the first round by Sanchez!!
    Then DD came home and took the remote....ha ha .
    The Derby is being taped anyways for DH, so I'll watch the results with him later.
    oh who am I kidding??!! I peeked online and saw that Aaron Judge won easily!! I think 2 of his homers were over 500 feet!
    No surprise there but I never would have guessed Sano would have been up against him in the finals.
    All Star game tomorrow night!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:36 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby I often find myself being happy about something but then I wonder why I'm so happy. Then I realize It's ok, not a good thing to be sad all the time.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi everyone good morning. I am a happy camper now my key board on my tablet is working again. Will have to do some catch here. Hope everyone had a great Monday. Will be out and about doing errand for most of my day. Enjoy your day everyone

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn! Glad we will have a few cooler days before we get back into the 30s again.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Nat, you woke me up this morning. Have a good day!

Well, the auction is over except for pick-up tonight. At 8:11 when then final bid was closed, it was like someone pulled the plug on my energy! Whew! It went fairly well. I definitely covered costs and made some money but the BIG plus is that all of it will be gGONE tonight!

Dan, I am really excited for you ,too, in your new home! Any special colours being painted on those walls?

When I was in Chatham yesterday I was tempted by all the fresh produce stands that you see along the highway. CORN! Wow! I am missing fresh-out-of-the-field CORN!!!
    So-Lynn and Walks, juicing is the thing! When I find my blender, I will have to give it a try. My parents used to drink Barley Greens for a while but you really had to "hold your nose" and shake your head when you drank it.

My friend in Chatham is in a real mess-her whole right side purple and swollen .She's reluctant to go back to the hospital to get 're-assessed for her pain and also hitting her head. She didn't want to be referred to the orthopaedic surgeon they suggested so will wait until next week to see the one she has seen before.

Then I dropped in to use my cousin's washroom before I hit the road forgetting that she had fallen and broken her ankle 3 weeks ago, so she's in a walking cast and barely hobbling around. But feeling in better spirits as she can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Losing battery power. Have a good day!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Fam.
    Going to be a hot one today, stay cool folks!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, I hope U have a good day!
    Name:  f1b0c423a3f1ada5d92bc4ffc3302987.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  64.1 KB
    Last edited by dededi; Tue, Jul 11th, 2017 at 09:22 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@dededi, you did it again!! WHERE do you find those happy pictures?!
    Now that's one kissing booth I'd head for in a minute! I love doggie kisses! I just wish more people would know how loving pit-bulls really are. Unfortunately it's the type of owners who are attracted to those pups who have given them the reputation they have. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

@cabmonk, jeepers creepers, don't you ever question happiness! It's our right to be happy...we should be actively seeking it!! It does no good to our loved ones who have passed to be beating our chests and moaning through life...they're fine!
    Do what makes you happy...find ways to be happy..it's not found in things, you have to "find your joss" as we used to say in the 60s.....be happy, Hon..
    @avoncallingu , what a weight off your shoulders with that auction out of the way, and successfuly, too! Can you imagine if you had to list every single one ot those on kijiji, field phone calls, and then wait for people who don't show up or have the courtesy to call and cancel??!! Ugh. Hate that. So now, my Friend...onward and forward at a brisk pace! You're so close to your new home!!

Off to the little quilt shop up the street for more fabric for that baby quilt. Then likely off to a new quilt shop that opened about a click from here...and it's a gorgeous sunny day!!

Enjoy your day, everyone!!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jul 11th, 2017 at 10:13 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

some nice updates here! @avoncallingu I applaud the end of your auction and for purging so many items. @cabmonk congrats on getting al those veggie burgers made and frozen. That makes mealtime simple. @dededi congrats on getting your laptop functioning once again! What would we do without our daily adorable animal pics from you? @Natalka that is nice to catch a bit of a break from the sweltering heat....enjoy!!

Time to relax some, been a bit busy with this and that today. Rescued a tall beautiful Mandevilla tree ( potted ) from NF in Ajax for a mere $10.00 !!! ( end of season sale I guess ) They had quite a few left too, but the picture tag shows all white flowers will bloom. The tree we have now grows giant red ones and we sure paid more than $10.00 for that one 2 summers ago.
    Hope everyone is wearing a " happy " today!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks, I'll keep making more. It also means the ingredients don't go bad in the fridge lol.
    @Lynn49 Oh I know don't worry. I just feel really goofy sometimes (or a lot of the time lol) and then I think about my mom, dad or uncle and then I bum myself out haha.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hey @walkonby here's my whole kitchen lol. Not much to it but I'm not complaining.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@cabmonk hey it doesn't look so bad?! It did sound way worse, but that minimally working cooking device you have.....well my deepest sympathies, you know how I love to cook eh? that would drive me bonkers.....or maybe I'd have to switch to a raw diet? ha ha

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh I like it for the most part if stuff worked better lol. I'm content here and not going anywhere especially since landlord lets me pay my rent as late as end of the month.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Also one reason it looks ok is I try to keep everything clean and tidy. I painted everything and even used some wallpaper as a kind of back splash.

Thread Information