User Tag List

Page 351 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 851 1351 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Oh Penguin! The next while won't be great for you. But what did you do on your last date? Movies? Dinner out? Try to "reframe" to the good times. (And you know this is a case of "Do what I suggest, not, necessarily what I do.")

My thoughts are with you and your kids.
    Oh we had lots of fun. We went to see a death metal band, had a lot of drink and a lot of food and then some adult stuff...

That being said I'm fortunate that there are few chances of me hearing a rogue song as the band isn't main stream.

It was hit me hard seeing the notification on FB.

And in a month...then it's the serious countdown fortnight. That's what I'm not looking forward to.

All three of the brood have booked appointments with their school councilors. Just to be on the safe-side.
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and cath007 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Watching teens react to Nirvana's Smells like teen spirit. Girl: I can't hear a word he's saying, sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. A bit later the host says the song only took 2 takes to record. Girl: oh that's real talent these guys are good.
    I'm like didn't you just say it sounds like he has marbles in his mouth lol.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ha ha ^^ Jenny and her sleeping habits crack me up!
    Little twerp. And how's our handywoman this evening?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Darth, I was at my grief counselor today. She pointed out near the end of the hour that I had not yet got to talking about my DH. I will make it through Christmas -got nephews and brothers to keep me busy, but I have been looking seriously at a bus trip to New York City. Do YOU have an appointment with a counselor, just to be safe? You really don't have to answer that, but we're often so involved in making sure other people are ok, and forget to look in the mirror.

Take care

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I don't have a counselor for me, though I do have a 24 hr help-line. I guess that's something I should look in to as I know I have been neglecting myself in order to make sure the brood are looked after.

I was never a big Christmas person, not Christian so I was only celebrating the holiday culturally. The brood don't want a big family, friends, Old Uncle Tom Cobble and all fancy event this year. A low key nuclear family event. Should we feel differently as the holiday progresses then I'm sure we can flex to accommodate that.

Thanks @avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Where is the week going its already Wednesday. Have a great day all

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Fam.
    Have a great day.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! A little bit chilly this morning.Wish you all a great wednesday!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, folks!
    Today is lunch with one friend and supper with others. Looking forward to catching up with them.

BrotherR needs to go to SDM to get his compression stockings fitted and then he has a dental appointment.

Am half way through unpacking Christmas decorations. Can already see things that will have to be "'re-homed". (Which is the purpose of this exercise.)

I had been carefully bringing alone 2 amaryllis bulbs. They had 3 blossoms unfolding. The whole shebang got knocked over yesterday and the one beautiful bloom went flying. Luckily, BrotherR's PSW was here and cleaned it all up while I was out. They are now repositioned in a less mainstream place. Beautiful, vibrant red.
    Took another load to Value Village yesterday- Lynn, you'll be proud of me. Purge, purge, purge as you say.
    Well my alarm has gone off and I have miles to go before I sleep and promises to keep.
    Have a camel of a day! Hoping everyone is on the good side of wellness today!
    See us later, alligators!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Nov 15th, 2017 at 08:45 AM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    lol yeah I've seen this before. Weird Al is the best at what he does.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Some stuff on kids and teens react is pretty good. Like watching them react to older tech or songs from the 80's. Some stuff drives me nuts like a teen that says he doesn't like any music before 2010, or the kid that said he doesn't like real music lol. Or the one guy that seems to be a fake hipster. He will actually say the songs good but I don't like it because it's main stream. Hey for me if a song is good, it's good. I don't care what genre or what year or if it's mainstream or indy. I have enjoyed songs from many different years and genres, rap, rock, country, electronic etc. one thing that bugs me is someone stuck on one genre or style and can't appreciate any other kinds of music. Or they think everything that isn't that one genre sucks and even if it isn't their preferred music can't admit someone has talent because it isn't in that one narrow genre.

Ok I'm done lol.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Some stuff on kids and teens react is pretty good. Like watching them react to older tech or songs from the 80's. Some stuff drives me nuts like a teen that says he doesn't like any music before 2010, or the kid that said he doesn't like real music lol. Or the one guy that seems to be a fake hipster. He will actually say the songs good but I don't like it because it's main stream. Hey for me if a song is good, it's good. I don't care what genre or what year or if it's mainstream or indy. I have enjoyed songs from many different years and genres, rap, rock, country, electronic etc. one thing that bugs me is someone stuck on one genre or style and can't appreciate any other kinds of music. Or they think everything that isn't that one genre sucks and even if it isn't their preferred music can't admit someone has talent because it isn't in that one narrow genre.

Ok I'm done lol.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 Yeah I drive myself crazy worrying about what other people do or think though.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Lynn49 Yeah I drive myself crazy worrying about what other people do or think thoughoķ.
    You need to adopt the expression on a t-shirt I'll likely pick up for our DD; it reads: Kinda care. Kinda don't.
    Or this one: I really don't want to go outside. There are people there.

Or both.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Is anyone familiar with Yu G Oh card sets?!

Thread Information