User Tag List

Page 389 of 1952 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 489 889 1389 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 29274
Like Tree118339Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

It's just TERRIBLE here! Any kind of food I can imagine. I'm not allowed to lift a finger. Sewing for Tootie and myself-not just access to sewing machine-personally done by our sewing expert- cooking, sewing and general life tips from a wise-woman. Where do I lodge the complaints? 😃

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    It's just TERRIBLE here! Any kind of food I can imagine. I'm not allowed to lift a finger. Sewing for Tootie and myself-not just access to sewing machine-personally done by our sewing expert- cooking, sewing and general life tips from a wise-woman. Where do I lodge the complaints? 
    Sounds too posh for me ! Glad you are enjoying it ... does SHE control the weather also? ?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

It's just TERRIBLE here! Any kind of food I can imagine. I'm not allowed to lift a finger. Sewing for Tootie and myself-not just access to sewing machine-personally done by our sewing expert- cooking, sewing and general life tips from a wise-woman. Where do I lodge the complaints? 😃
    I guess Lynn just want to pamper you and Tootie so just enjoy it because when you go home you are back to reality

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's just TERRIBLE here! Any kind of food I can imagine. I'm not allowed to lift a finger. Sewing for Tootie and myself-not just access to sewing machine-personally done by our sewing expert- cooking, sewing and general life tips from a wise-woman. Where do I lodge the complaints? 
    Avon glad you and Lynn is having fun sewing and ohhh lynn is making sure she feeding you good ..have wonderful vacation at Lynns..take good care yourself
    22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    what does it say for the fellas in the thread when we're the only one's who "Liked" this post...LoL
    First i would like say ..Happy New Year danger_dan ..hope 2018 is wonderful year for you ..
    now to answer what your asking danger dan .. Name:  024D99DE-EB75-4A6A-8D69-76E49A9F8E07.jpeg
Views: 211
Size:  20.3 KB
    hahaha ..just for laugh danger_dan ..some one think your name says it all ..LOL
    22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi everyone good morning .it's pretty cold out today had some errands to do but not sure I will be going out. If you must got out bundle up and stay warm @walkonby hope you are feeling better by now @22hicks hope you are also doing good. @Natalka hope you are on track with your recovery. Have a great day all

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@flemeth I hear ya. Did all my "stuff" yesterday. Am hibernating this morning.

Sent from my iPhone

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

With windchill it's -45 right now but will warm up a bit later in the day. After Saturday which is -24 the cold snap should be over here. Starting Sunday there are temps from -2 to -18 with most being -8 and -9. Hope it stays like that for a while lol.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Guy: This staircase is missing the landings and the stairs..

Me: So how do you know it's a staircase lol.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Enjoy whatever the day brings you!
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jan 5th, 2018 at 09:55 AM.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good bitter cold morning. Keep warm.

I sure wish I could see signs of global warming.

Attached Images Attached Images  

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @22hicks...only 89 days until Easter. And counting!!

I hope your tests went well today and that by now you're home and resting comfortably.

Thank you @Lynn49 . Got home about 1:15 on Wednesday, so a day & a half of tests. Finally feel almost recuperated from them. Took a lot out of me. Now, just hurry up and wait for the results. lol

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

I FINALLY got on here since Avon arrived...that gal is so demanding!! Do this, do that, make my tea!!! I did get back at her, though: I made her pour her own oatmeal into her bowl one morning! Hah!! Don't mess with ME missy!!

Seriously, we're having a lovely visit, but gosh, I wish it wasn't so dang cold out there. I'll have to continue working on my skills wrt controlling the weather. But will that stop us from going shopping this morning?!! Not one single bit!! So we're off!!

This afternoon we're heading to the kids' home to make fresh pasta with them, then having a spaghetti and meatballs dinner, maybe shooting some pool, and playing You Don't Know Jack on the computer tv thingy hookup thing. I'm sure our DD will give her a tour of their home and explain how they'll be knocking down all the walls, taking apart the kitchen and replacing our (gasp!) oak cupboards and everything else on the first floor to make it totally open concept. The real sad part for me is the Bruce hardwood flooring my DH put down in all the rooms when the kids were tots, replacing it with new hardwood..."modern" hardwood. Kids. Go figure.

So we're trying to keep Avon busy, but we have had relaxing and chatting time, too. @walkonby, I'll report back on our pasta-making adventure, and we can compare notes!
    @22hicks, I'm glad all those horrible tests are over and you can finally relax with wee Jake in comfort. Waiting for results is no picnic, but for now at least...breathe a sigh of relief that snuggling with Jake is all you really need to do. {{{hugs!!}}}

Toodles everyone, stay warm and safe!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 5th, 2018 at 10:55 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ @Lynn49 your house guest sure has you on your toes, I hope she leaves you a large tip at the end. Sounds like a wonderful visit you gals are having, ikwym about these bitter temps though....takes your breath away.
    I have a few varieties of cut pasta shapes all dried and in the freezer on hand to boil up when the mood hits, but I still want to make more! More lasagna sheets....you can never have too many of those.
    That machine is addictive.
    Hope your fresh pasta meal turns out scrumptious at the kids place.

It was all I could do this morning to make 2 separate trips out to 4 different stores for a few things ( FB, Metro, NF and WM )
    Metro was a bust though, the sale excluded the ONE type of Tassimo disc that DH uses, naturally they were on sale for $5.99 with 20 BAM wyb 2....pfft! )
    FB however has the Red Prince Apples in already!!! And they were huge and firm, bright red and so cheap! .98/lb. These beauties are tastier than Gala's, but I grabbed some of those too from NF .88/lb.

DH wants to have a honky meal for Jan 7th ( Christmas ) on Sunday so I bought a decent sized corned beef brisket, some cabbage, perogies/sour cream and a large coil of kielbasa. That should do it. We usually leave up all the Christmas decor till then but I was anxious to get it torn down, especially since I had 2 helpers to do it.
    Gotta seize the moment!

Thank goodness the antibiotics and the puffer knocked that cold/chest congestion ( just had to be bronchitis ) out of me....I still sound a bit sick ( as if there is still stuff in my chest ) but feel quite good. Guessing the last bit of it can linger.

Hoping everyone is taking the temps serious and dressing accordingly. My poor wee doggies, they cannot even go down to the lower levels of the deck in back because their tiny paws get frozen within a minute and they come up lame.
    Momma had to rescue Rufus today out there! He was trying to pull his body and his back legs were just dragging. Scary cold.
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and cabmonk like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby , Yup I'm taking the temps very serious. The last couple days I have been dressing myself with the layers of my apartment haha. Pretty nice and toasty in here lol, It's a little baggy though.

Thread Information