User Tag List

Page 399 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 299 349 389 397 398 399 400 401 409 449 499 899 1399 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning gang.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I could never, ever give up coffee!! I mean, yes, I probably could but I don't want to. {{stomps foot}}. Besides, regular coffee can have 300% more caffeine compared to decaf, which has about 3mg, so I'll take those odds.
    Good luck with the struggle, I know any addiction can be hard to kick. Regarding decaf coffee, though, there are risks with that substitute, such as it being so much more acidic which can lead to gastro problems, and others. I'm sure you've checked Dr. Google.

I was off coffee for the three months I was in hospital, because the coffee was so horrible! I'm not a huge coffee drinker, anyways, maybe a cup and a little bit more in the morning. It was nice to come home to 'real' coffee, though.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Definitely loving this warmer weather, we are heading above zero today! I'm glad for Milan's sake, especially, since he comes into the city Friday for a checkup with his surgeon about his leg - which is healing really, really well. I get to see him Friday! I miss him so much...

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yeah better here the next couple days but still -8 which is way better than the -30 to -40 we have been getting. My aunt will take me for my groceries around 4pm. She was going to do it next Tuesday when I get paid but she leaves the next day for the Dominican Republic so she will pay for it today and I'll pay her back later. I actually didn't want her to worry about it the day before she leaves so she said ok we'll do it this week lol. Then I realized I had wanted to spend $350 and she said don't worry I know you'll pay me back, you always do.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!
    @Natalka , you are NOT kidding about hospital coffee!!! How can they not make a decent cup? We have an excellent large restaurant in our hospital (okay, now I'm craving their fries and gravy) that makes excellent coffee, but the cafeteria wherever THAT may be, not so much. Thank goodness my DH came in every morning with a coffee from that restaurant that wasn't Tims, which is there, also. I detest Tims' coffee. As for it being more acidic, I trust our doctor to the nth degree when it comes to these things; he always seems to be ahead of the curve and I can never stump him with latest medical news or miracle treatments..hahaha....So as @avoncallingu had asked, I'm off caffeine because of a genetically "soft" esophageal valve which lets stomach acids back up into my throat, causing me to cough day and night. It interrupts my sleep drastically, so I'm also on a proton pump inhibitor for now, to decrease the acid my stomach can produce. Caffeine for some odd reason isn't allowed for now, or for who knows how long, really. This comes and goes, and I believe (as my doc does) that the weight I've put on, particularly over the past year since my new knee, is exaccerbating the condition, so when I lose the weight, I'll be fine again. WHICH I will start doing tomorrow, when our GS is back home.

As to the rest of you, I hope you all have a wonderful, productive (if you desire) day!!!
    Warmer temps coming our way on the weekend, my DD and her DH flying home tonight, so I'm happy today!! Tra-la-la...or something like that. She and I chatted for quite a while on the phone yesterday, and oh, my......the adventures they had, the resort, everything....I think it's time my Hubby and I decided to do something again now that I can walk so much better. A cruise, we're thinkin'.....

Oh! Did you see on the news this morning, the thermometer broke at -62 in Siberia??! Lordy!!!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, nice to see it warming up!
    Name:  goodmorning10.gif
Views: 128
Size:  22.2 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 The hospital coffee was like hot water with a brown crayon dipped in it! Honestly, it was so gross - and I'm no coffee snob. I've never had a Timmie's or Starbucks coffee, so can't make that comparison. The hospital did have a Tim's downstairs, though.

Good that you got an answer to that coughing problem, hoping it gets resolved soon.

Since I was in the hospital and still now, I'm taking ranitidine to reduce stomach acid. It's not something I ever had a problem with, but it's a precautionary measure since I'm on a variety of meds now.

Oooo, a cruise - where in the world do you want to go?

I just can't even imagine a vacation, we've never had one - and now, it will never happen.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning everyone. I was up watching the Leafs game and was very disappointed my DH blood pressure may be was rising he was yelling at the TV with some Choice words. It's cold here again so dress warm everyone. Have a great Wednesday all
    yeah! like how come when Matthews got cross checked from behind late in the 3rd period there was NO penalty called!?? argh!!! I was also screaming at the tv. They picked up a point but pffft! they should and could have played so much better.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yeah! like how come when Matthews got cross checked from behind late in the 3rd period there was NO penalty called!?? argh!!! I was also screaming at the tv. They picked up a point but pffft! they should and could have played so much better.
    Oh, my. Here, @walkonby , I've pulled this nice comfy chaise over here just for you to lay down on. Now tell me all about that nasty game last night and we'll resolve this horribying nightmare, so that perhaps you'll be able to sleep tonight.

YOU are too cute, Puddin'! hahaha!!! You'd make the cutest puck-bunny...hahaha!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @Lynn49 The hospital coffee was like hot water with a brown crayon dipped in it! Honestly, it was so gross - and I'm no coffee snob. I've never had a Timmie's or Starbucks coffee, so can't make that comparison. The hospital did have a Tim's downstairs, though.

Good that you got an answer to that coughing problem, hoping it gets resolved soon.

Since I was in the hospital and still now, I'm taking ranitidine to reduce stomach acid. It's not something I ever had a problem with, but it's a precautionary measure since I'm on a variety of meds now.

Oooo, a cruise - where in the world do you want to go?

I just can't even imagine a vacation, we've never had one - and now, it will never happen.
    THAT, @Natalka , is a perfect description of hospital coffee. Also, how on earth can they screw up TEA?!! It's abhorrently vile!!

I recall my Mom being on ranitidine, also...I guess this sort of thing runs in the family. Even our DD has to take an antacid tablet now and then. Nice genes I'm passing along there...

As to cruising, we really love it, although we've only done one: the eastern Mediterranean. This will be closer to home since I've lost my thrill of flying. Honestly, I just adored those take-offs and landings which I guess I still like, but just flying? Nope. And particularly not over big water. Our DD asked me why not over water? And I said it was a bad news/good news/bad news thing: bad news: we're crashing. Good news: I survived the crash. Bad news, I'm surrounded by sharks.
    Yep. Nasty business.

The Caribbean has never called me, or my Hubby. And Alaska (sorry, Avon..), is about as far from my thoughts as the Antarctic! I wish I could find one (and I'm sure they exist), that would take us from Montreal, or some coastal port, to NF, NS, Maine, New Hampshire, down to New York, and just drop us off there where we could slend a few days, then fly home. We've also looked at Mississipi cruising; we looked at the itinerary of the American Queen Steamboat Company and I'd love the cruise from New Orleans to Minneapolis or vice versa. We enjoy the history of the Civil War and to stop at ports like Vicksburg, Natchez and Greenville would be incredible. Huh. Maybe I just made up our minds for us.
    We've looked at the Caribbean but unless a cruise takes in Havana, we're not really interested, and the only cruise that goes there, simply goes there and back! No where else.

Things can sure change in an instant, can't they, Natalka? I can barely remember walking normally, trying to keep up with our DD as she power-walks through stores. Did I ever take that for granted. Now I'm back to as normal a place as I'm likely to get which will just have to do. Nothing I can do about it, done is done. Thank goodness we knocked the pyramids off my bucket list before that fall!!! I could never do that cruise now.

Well, I should find something productive to do around here.........but...I think I'll just mosey around on Pinterest for a w hile. Our GS will be home in an hour for his last sleepover...the kids should be boarding their flight from Cancun in about a half hour, arriving here at midnight (long stop-over at Pearson). Yep. Pinterest here I come!!

Take good care, Nat!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @walkonby I guess you could have hear my DH yelling for a long time and he also had some choice words too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    How do you know it is spring in Canada? The Leafs are falling!!

Sent from my iPhone
    @GoodBoy very funny.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

There is a great Canadian- Montreal to NY cruise or maybe it's the other way around - but either way -you can spend a few days in NY. Or there used to be.

I've never looked into the Mississippi cruise sounds interesting for sure, but I find heat a real challenge these days.

Spent the whole day picking and booking shore excursions for our cruise. and then updating MC information as my new card arrived today.

Also spent some time sleeping off a migraine - new pressure front moving in.

Lynn, I hope your "kids" do not have a stop-over inAtlanta- horrible weather a day cancellations there.

You would know by now.

I have seen many infirm people on cruises. Don't give up on your dreams.

Laundry and folding to be done.

See ya!
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu , yes, I looked at those cruises, but like everything else, you never get enough time to spend at any port. But I guess a full day would be quite enough for me. We usually enjoy the museums, art galleries....shopping...😉
    Really glad that you net up with cruise-mates! May can't come too soin, can ut?😁
    The more I look at cruises the more I'm inclined towards the Mississippi...too bad it's in the US...hahaha..
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Have a great Thursday all

Thread Information