User Tag List

Page 426 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 326 376 416 424 425 426 427 428 436 476 526 926 1426 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Does this mean that you are off into the wild blue yonder again, good boy? Go straighten out all those " Bad Boys"
    My GoodBoy juice is wearing off so I have decided to go to the BadBoy School of Naughtiness ... it is a short term hands on class ! Cheerio!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    Good morning and Happy Monday everyone!
    I'm up early to go to therapy,just hate it. @Natalka how to you guys survive in that cold!
    I hate therapy, too! What are you getting help with?

As to how to survive these frigid temps - well, you just do. We are used to it - mind you this year, it's been a bit much... You dress properly, and plan trips that are only necessary and short. I'm just sure hoping my husband doesn't have to work outside today!

I don't have to go out, fortunately. The care co-ordinator from community services is coming to see me after lunch.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Nice pictures @GoodBoy .

Good to see the sun finally. I was able to take the 1/4 inch of ice off the hood of my truck. It was so satisfying sliding it off in one sheet And after I did that I realized that I will have to buff it in the spring to get the tiny scratches off. Dumbass.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hindsight is ....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah yeah... I know. One of my most-used phrases

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Yes, Nat- home is "normal " - right. If you came down to our sweltering humidity in the summer-you'd probably say, "How do you stand this!" Not to downplay the challenges of your winter! Especially with mobility challenges.
    Tell that care coordinator that you need MORE help because your dh is challenged at the moment-maybe she/he'll give your dh help with snow shovelling. You don't get what you don't ask for with these home service providers. They can only say "Sorry."
    Have a good afternoon.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Avon, I know for sure I could not handle any bigger humidity than what we get here...

The care coordinator just left, she was here for almost three hours! Amazing woman, we went through so many things and she outlined all things offered, some I don't need and some I do. I have a lot to absorb and go through!

Have a nice evening, everyone!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Nat-glad you got all that good info!
    Took Tootie to my friend's to meet the dog she'll be staying with. They were great-not "bosom buddies" yet but both were OK with the "sniff routine." No agression on either side. They both settled down and went to sleep. Wow! That was a big load off my mind. We'll have several other visits but the first one was reassuring.

My wonderful friend made me 6 pairs of mittens-2 for myself and 4 for the sale. She offered to make any of my family mittens too, if they want them. She cuts up old sweaters-washes them first to tighten up the weave and then sews several parts together and lines them with fleece. They are fun and cosy!

Well I guess Mardi Gras has begun! Do you have a favourite treat besides pancakes to eat on Shrove Tuesdays? There are special doughnuts called "pounchskis" (not spelled anything like that) that are favorites around here. People will line up around the block tomorrow at the Bakery in Chatham to get them. They are fruit filled and about 100000 calories each. Prune filled ones are the traditional flavour.

I will stick to pancakes, myself -with real maple syrup and butter and blueberries or raspberries.

Good night my friends!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Avon, this is the first year we bought paczki, wowsers are they good! Had ones with raspberry filling. My husband ate the custard ones, I didn't like those. I would have absolutely loved the prune ones, that's a traditional filling for Ukrainian Christmas pampushky, which are a type of doughnut.

I had assumed the paczki would be just like Bismarks, but the dough is so much richer and heavier, oh so good!

I've been trying to sleep, but am up every hour, it's just gross..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi Good morning everyone. @Natalka hope you get a nap later today and also better temp from yesterday. @avoncallingu glad Tootie and your friend dog gets along so you will not have to worry to find another place for her when you go away. Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Today, a chinook is blowing in so we are heading to ZERO! Amazing!

Enjoy whatever the day brings you!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

@Natalka , @flemeth , Good morning ladies
    Glad to hear the warmer air is blowing by you there Nat!
    Must be heading our way, it was cold overnight, close to -22...brrrr, but it's supposed to get up to +4 and +5 in the next couple of days here.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu - the donuts that are 100000 calories each are the best ones! It's a donut rule, dontcha know
    @Natalka - we have a Polish bakery chain here that sells those
    paczki donuts. But then I realized the Superstore has them also for much cheaper and just as good. I'm with your hubby - I like the custard ones too.
    -11 right now, feels like -15, so not very breezy. @danger_dan - I can hardly wait

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Husband bought the paczki at Independent, I don't even know if any individual bakeries have them - we don't have any Slavic ones, anyways.

Gee, now I want one, and they are all gone....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry, Nat!

Thread Information