User Tag List

Page 453 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 353 403 443 451 452 453 454 455 463 503 553 953 1453 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, hope you have a really nice day!

Name:  Bibie_Tuesday3.gif
Views: 153
Size:  193.4 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Birthday @GoJays , hope U have a simply marvelous day!!

Name:  b-daydancingrat.gif
Views: 4651
Size:  148.6 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, friends!
    @GoJays enjoy your special day!

Yesterday, I got a call from the physiotherapist first thing in the morning, so that was very fortuitous since I could tell her about my knee pain. She said she'd come at 1, and bring the hemi-walker so I could have more support to walk, but she couldn't leave it with me - if I wanted one like it, I'd have to buy one. Then in a half hour she called back, said they had gotten in some new walkers which fold the short way (mine folds the long way), that it was very sturdy and she'd being one for me to try as well.

Milan had come over after his apt at the hospital that morning - he got the 'all clear' from his surgeon, that he had healed quickly and very well, and could start back to being almost normal, go back to work, etc. So we had a bit of a visit before the physio came - and he shovelled the snow, cleared out some things, etc. He also stayed later after she left, so we visited more, and he took home some food. He's going to try to work today and see how it goes.

The physio examined me first - turns out I have bursitis on my right knee, it's the inflammation of the bursa sac at the end of a tendon below the kneecap. Unfortunately, not much which can be done at this point - I have to stop doing some of the prescribed exercises, and she doesn't want me using just the cane because it's not giving me enough support. She was straight with me, and said that right knee is a mess.

So the walker she brought works really well - it fits through the doorways, and the only place it can't go is in the washroom, so I have to park it and use the cane into the little hall that leads to the bathroom - but that's okay because there's a metal stand walker in front of the commode that I can use to hold on to.
    Getting used to a walker again means my arms/back have to get used to the pressure again, but it will be okay.
    This walker can shrink in size horizontally, and still be sturdy to use, so that's amazing. Sure wish I had known about it when I bought the one I did. For now, mine has gone into the basement. So the new walker is on loan to me, and the physio said there's a possibility I could get funding to get one.

The knee is still in a lot of pain, but at least I can get around more safely, which is important.

Gee, this was long, sorry about that...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning, friends!
    @GoJays enjoy your special day!

Yesterday, I got a call from the physiotherapist first thing in the morning, so that was very fortuitous since I could tell her about my knee pain. She said she'd come at 1, and bring the hemi-walker so I could have more support to walk, but she couldn't leave it with me - if I wanted one like it, I'd have to buy one. Then in a half hour she called back, said they had gotten in some new walkers which fold the short way (mine folds the long way), that it was very sturdy and she'd being one for me to try as well.

Milan had come over after his apt at the hospital that morning - he got the 'all clear' from his surgeon, that he had healed quickly and very well, and could start back to being almost normal, go back to work, etc. So we had a bit of a visit before the physio came - and he shovelled the snow, cleared out some things, etc. He also stayed later after she left, so we visited more, and he took home some food. He's going to try to work today and see how it goes.

The physio examined me first - turns out I have bursitis on my right knee, it's the inflammation of the bursa sac at the end of a tendon below the kneecap. Unfortunately, not much which can be done at this point - I have to stop doing some of the prescribed exercises, and she doesn't want me using just the cane because it's not giving me enough support. She was straight with me, and said that right knee is a mess.

So the walker she brought works really well - it fits through the doorways, and the only place it can't go is in the washroom, so I have to park it and use the cane into the little hall that leads to the bathroom - but that's okay because there's a metal stand walker in front of the commode that I can use to hold on to.
    Getting used to a walker again means my arms/back have to get used to the pressure again, but it will be okay.
    This walker can shrink in size horizontally, and still be sturdy to use, so that's amazing. Sure wish I had known about it when I bought the one I did. For now, mine has gone into the basement. So the new walker is on loan to me, and the physio said there's a possibility I could get funding to get one.

The knee is still in a lot of pain, but at least I can get around more safely, which is important.

Gee, this was long, sorry about that...
    @Natalka happy to know Milian got the green light from his surgeon. So sorry for all u have to go through in this process of getting back to yourself my hats off to you because you are 1 STRONG woman
    I would be in tears every day if I had to walk in your shoes I am not one for pain. Hope todYbe a bettter day for you. Will kee you and the family in my thoughts and prayers

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

aw @Natalka no worries here about your post, I mean sometimes we just want to vent and here that is allowed. I wonder of there is any way to re-sell the walker you cannot use anymore? Hoping you can get a break on the cost of the newer one though.
    I always have you and yours in my thoughts daily. Great news for Milan, he can get back to normal now.

Hey!!! And Happy Birthday @GoJays !!! Many many more!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    aw @Natalka no worries here about your post, I mean sometimes we just want to vent and here that is allowed. I wonder of there is any way to re-sell the walker you cannot use anymore? Hoping you can get a break on the cost of the newer one though.
    I always have you and yours in my thoughts daily. Great news for Milan, he can get back to normal now.

Hey!!! And Happy Birthday @GoJays !!! Many many more!!

My daughter got my walker, cane, bed rails and toilet rails all from kijiji and facebook resells. When i'm done with them she is going to resell them again. That is far cheaper then retail.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

What the physio suggested is to use the one I have for outside, going shopping, etc., since it has a good seat and is what's called a bariatric walker, rated for lotsa weight. If I get the other, to keep that for inside. I don't use it to sit on. With my weight loss, I'm still well under the weight for either, but the larger one is much more sturdy.

flemeth, of course I don't like the pain, but for me what is worse is the knee just being unstable, even the thought that it could collapse, that's the biggest concern.

I have a cold, to boot, and the physio said pneumonia is going around, so for me to be extra cautious.
    And life goes on...
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Mar 6th, 2018 at 01:45 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ugh, quite the opposite. They called me in for a short shift first thing this morning, then the other girl went home sick so I took her hours and did a full shift. And I was so looking forward to a quiet day Oh well, I can always use the money, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Happy Birthday @GoJays. I hope you took today off / called in sick, so you could have that glass, or bottle, of wine if you want. Have a fantastic day.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @GoJays!!!
    I hope that in spite of you having to work, you can finally settle down with that wine bottle (one glass, hahaha!! That's for wimps! )...and that you don't have to work in the morning.
    I hope it was wonderful!!
    As for turning 29 AGAIN, when I hit 60, I told everyone it represented 6 perfect 10s!! haha!

Here's a cake with your name on it, Jays!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Mar 6th, 2018 at 05:54 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. We are having cold weather again. I am counting down to the days for March Break will be able to have some time from my self from all the running around I do. Have an awesome day all

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Early Birds, and all those sleepy heads still in bed.
    Back up in the Great White North...already missing the nice warm weather down south...

Happy Belated Birthday @GoJays .

Back into the swing of things.
    have a wonderful day everyone.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone!

Name:  a48883debee0cea921ad9ac173325c56.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  67.8 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score