User Tag List

Page 504 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 4 404 454 494 502 503 504 505 506 514 554 604 1004 1504 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Had the sunroof open and the air conditioning on in the car today.
    Yesterday I had the heater on.
    Stupid spring.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! Our sermon in church today was about how little things can make an unexpected and far-reaching difference. We missed last Sunday because of the ice storm so the sermon was delivered a week after it was intended.

Our church has a "Prayer Shawl Ministry." People knit prayer shawls and then bless them together a d then give them out for special occasions such as joining the church or to ease a loss -and many of them are delivered to nursing homes, etc.

The woman in charge was very moved by the tragedy of the bus crash and looked up the churches in Humboldt to see what "Small Thing" we, as a congregation could do to support those who needed it.

It turned out that there is a church in Humboldt with the same name as ours and the 15 year old young man who was the team statistician and lost his life in the crash was a member there. Our minister connected theirs and asked if they could used some prayer shawls. Their minister was very moved and said that she could think of several people who would find comfort in one. So they got together to put together a box to be mailed out to Humboldt. Everyone in the congregation gathered around to hold a part of one of the shawls as we said a renewed blessing before they were packed away.

It turns out, that 2 former members of the congregation who had intended to come "Home" to visit Waterloo were delayed by the ice storm last week and so came this weekend. They were visiting the church and then flying home today to- Saskatoon - which, is apparently about 100 miles (km?) from Humboldt. The young couple, after hearing about our plan volunteered to take the shawls back with them and drive them out to the church in Humboldt.

So, you see, small things can make a big difference!

Thanks for listening -Have a great sleep!
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays and alll My Sc friends . Today is the last day for my Younger DD exams she will be coming home either later tonight or tomorrow.my house will be loud again . Have a great day all
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning to the early birdies as usual, @GoJays and @flemeth .

It was so nice to have such a nice weekend for a change!
    Hope everyone enjoyed the warm weather, and the rest of this week's warm weather as well.

Have a wonderful day folks.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It's a boy for Kate and William this morning! A healthy 8 lbs.
    GoJays, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

All week. It's so hard when you get used to sleeping in. Especially when Fear the Walking Dead is on the night before
    Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Good morning to the early birdies as usual, @GoJays and @flemeth.

It was so nice to have such a nice weekend for a change!
    Hope everyone enjoyed the warm weather, and the rest of this week's warm weather as well.

Have a wonderful day folks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, hope U have a glorious week!!

Name:  b546e6c58f6de45aeb2c624d8cd55386.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  46.3 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

it is still morning but because I arose at 6 a.m. it feels like mid afternoon to me??
    A bit of this and that on my agenda today and then after that I am free!! The Leafs will be my number one priority later tonight....I must remember to get the dogs Leafs jerseys on them.....what??
    Your dogs don't have Leafs Jerseys??

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good sunny Monday morning, everyone!!
    @avoncallingu , what a lovely story about the prayer shawls. what a blessing from your congregation to those who need to be comforted.
    @GoJays , schizophrenic, that's what spring known for, but I'll take that over white crap any day of the week any day of the year!! Hope your coffee(s) kicked in for you today..
    @dededi , goodness knows where you got that photo of me, right down to that fuzzy pink robe; it's me, absolutely! Ask Avon! hahaha!! Have a sweet day!!

Thank goodness for a young boy's eyes! I've had this fabulous lipstick for a while now, and need (yes, need!) another one, but couldn't read the label, even with a magnifying glass, so I asked our GS if he could read it...."mulberry" (Yes! That's the colour...)....Elizabeth Arden? Bless your sweet heart, little man!! So I've looked it up and EA still makes it!! So off to the Bay to place my order! Kids. Go figure, huh? Little joys.....

Everyone, enjoy whatever spring brings you today, it's bound to be a whole whack better than what we've been through this past month!!
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    it is still morning but because I arose at 6 a.m. it feels like mid afternoon to me??
    A bit of this and that on my agenda today and then after that I am free!! The Leafs will be my number one priority later tonight....I must remember to get the dogs Leafs jerseys on them.....what??
    Your dogs don't have Leafs Jerseys??

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!
    Um, noooo..Jenny doesn't have a Leaf's jersey. Omgoodness...I'm a bad mom....

My agenda is pretty much the same as every other day..haha...dinner invitation from the kids for today; their new granite countertops will be installed today, and during the weekend away "the girls' played some sort of game while the boys went ice-fishing, that they want to teach us. Can't wait to see them again!

Also a friend invited me for a sushi lunch tomorrow, but I have a dr's appt...another date postponed with her!

Have a great day, my ditzy Friend!!
    walkonby, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn49, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@danger_dan, are you anywhere near where that van ran down those pedestrians just north of downtown, near Finch?!
    From what witnesses are saying, it seems like it was not accidental.....so horribly frightening.

Omg, at least 8 body bags....absolutely intentional! Such a tragedy......
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Apr 23rd, 2018 at 02:59 PM.
    GoJays, walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @danger_dan , are you anywhere near where that van ran down those pedestrians just north of downtown, near Finch?!
    From what witnesses are saying, it seems like it was not accidental.....so horribly frightening.
    Hi @Lynn49 ,
    I am not. My office is in the HWY 401 and HWY 404 area, about a 20-25 minute drive east of the area of the 'accident'.

From what I've read, that 'accident' sounded simply terrible.
    Lynn49, GoJays and dededi like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Hi @Lynn49 ,
    I am not. My office is in the HWY 401 and HWY 404 area, about a 20-25 minute drive east of the area of the 'accident'.

From what I've read, that 'accident' sounded simply terrible.
    CNN was interviewing a man who was in his car, who had been driving about 100m behind that murderer...he said bodies were flying like bowling pins, a baby carriage in half, in the air. He called his parents asap since they and so many other seniors walk Finch every single day...they had both been in their home at the time. He said elderly people were sitting on benches and were just plowed into. This guy, a big guy, was just crying every time he tried to describe what he saw....tragic, so many killed.....God bless them and their families.
    walkonby, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Thread Information