User Tag List

Page 524 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 24 424 474 514 522 523 524 525 526 534 574 624 1024 1524 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 29328
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

@GoJays , @flemeth , @cath007 , good morning peeps.
    Usual Friday commute, flying across the 401 like no one's business.

Time to kit the papers.

Have a wonderful day, and weekend if I'm not back before the end of the day.
    Stay warm out there today everyone...it's chillier than it's been in a few days.
    Last edited by danger_dan; Fri, May 11th, 2018 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spelling
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, It's Finally Friday!!

Name:  010dd186b79c3ed9986740a4ddf8d0e6.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  50.9 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  35a8d7b33b8c1664c120152da68b8af7.jpg
Size:  52.9 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!!

A chilly one this morning, -1 when we got up at 6:30, heading up to 12.

I got lost this morning on a site I found...has anyone else visited it? It's as if "everyone lived on the same street, poorest to richest"...just use the bar at the top to scroll along the street and open any house you'd like to visit, and look at the items in their homes. Quite the eye-opener. I don't quite understand the monthly incomes, since all are simply in $, which vary widely in the same areas on the street, but....it's all still extremely interesting!
    https://www.gapminder.org/dollar-street/matrix

DH and SIL just left with a truck-full of 'stuff', to the island to open up our trailers...15 bins in all, so they'll be there most of the day. I hope it warms up for them, although of course, they have heating..
    DD and I will be doing some pre-Mother's Day dinner preps for tomorrow...creme brulee being one of them...we'll bake them today, then just sugar and torch them tomorrow.

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, May 11th, 2018 at 09:32 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    Name:  35a8d7b33b8c1664c120152da68b8af7.jpg
Size:  52.9 KB
    No one can be that stupid, it has to be a funny set-up, they have stuff behind them to use for that...anything to make the work-day funner.

Good morning, @dededi !!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!!!

I got lost this morning on a site I found...has anyone else visited it? It's as if "everyone lived on the same street, poorest to richest"...just use the bar at the top to scroll along the street and open any house you'd like to visit, and look at the items in their homes. Quite the eye-opener. I don't quite understand the monthly incomes, since all are simply in $, which vary widely in the same areas on the street, but....it's all still extremely interesting!

DH and SIL just left with a truck-full of 'stuff', to the island to open up our trailers...15 bins in all, so they'll be there most of the day. I hope it warms up for them, although of course, they have heating..
    DD and I will be doing some pre-Mother's Day dinner preps for tomorrow...creme brulee being one of them...we'll bake them today, then just sugar and torch them tomorrow.

Sounds like the beginning to a great family weekend! Have fun @Lynn49
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning to everyone!! @Newfiescreech , @danger_dan , @GoJays , @dededi , @Lynn49 , @cath007 , @flemeth
    Did I miss anyone??

Gosh I feel a tad saddened at how poorly the Jays 3rd game went last night....what happ-ened to Happ??
    I guess everyone has a bad day every now and then.
    Adding to my disappointment was witnessing the poorest performance by the Preds ever! My hopes were raised for a brief moment when Suban got the Preds first goal making it 2-1....but then it fell apart after that.
    I have changed my screen saver here from the Burns/Thornton one to a photo of Ovechkin, Oshe and Backstrom in a celebratory embrace.

I know I am supposed to be rooting for Winnipeg ( Canadian team ) but I don't feel a connection with them.

That annoying warning thing is still popping up every time I leave a page and click on another one. ( that was why I was not on much yesterday. probably will be the same today )

A little chillier today, but perfect excuse for me to wear my new Spring jacket!! Ecru, with a hood and so soft to the touch.
    https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/alia-wo...CABEgKsE_D_BwE

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning!!!
    Today I decided it is a no couponning day and just taking the day relax!!!!
    Wishing you all an awesome day!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good Morning folks! (It's almost 8:00 am here.) Two more of our crew are doing the final pack up and will be leaving by 10:00.

Lynn-I discovered creme Brule on the cruise and I have fallen in love! I had only had it once before and wasn't impressed but oh my! What a dream dessert when it is made with a "touch" from an expert which I know you are.

I was thinking last night about last May 24 weekend and being with you folks up north. What a lovely time we had!

The three of us that are left are going .......Whale Watching!! This afternoon! !! Apparently there are 3 "resident" pods of Orcas that stay pretty close year round. So it's gravol time again as we'll be on the open ocean. Really can't wait.

The crab boat was the Aleutian 2- it was only in season 2 and it capsized at the end of the season. Apparently it was righted and refurbished and is now used as a tourist attraction out of Ketchikan.

Cath- you are a couponing Diva! Most of us have given up but you're an inspiration to "soldier on." Don't be too discouraged by unreasonable traders- but I know it must be disheartening when you put so much effort in.

To all the "mommies" of children and fur-friends-have a very Happy Mother's Day! I may not be able to get back online until it is over.

I'll be getting back to my furry sweetie by the end of Mother's Day.

Got to "launch" my sea-faring day!

Have a lovely one!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Nice jacket @walkonby . I can't wear that color. I'd pass as an extra on The Walking Dead. I envy people who can pull it off because I really like it.

I'm coming over for dessert @Lynn49 . Creme brulee is one of my favorites but please don't think I'm strange because I prefer it without the sugar on top.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Good morning to everyone!! @Newfiescreech , @danger_dan , @GoJays , @dededi , @Lynn49 , @cath007 , @flemeth
    Did I miss anyone??

Gosh I feel a tad saddened at how poorly the Jays 3rd game went last night....what happ-ened to Happ??
    I guess everyone has a bad day every now and then.
    Adding to my disappointment was witnessing the poorest performance by the Preds ever! My hopes were raised for a brief moment when Suban got the Preds first goal making it 2-1....but then it fell apart after that.
    I have changed my screen saver here from the Burns/Thornton one to a photo of Ovechkin, Oshe and Backstrom in a celebratory embrace.

I know I am supposed to be rooting for Winnipeg ( Canadian team ) but I don't feel a connection with them.

That annoying warning thing is still popping up every time I leave a page and click on another one. ( that was why I was not on much yesterday. probably will be the same today )

A little chillier today, but perfect excuse for me to wear my new Spring jacket!! Ecru, with a hood and so soft to the touch.
    https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/alia-wo...CABEgKsE_D_BwE

Mornin', @walkonby !

Oh, I hope you didn't hear me calling out Suban for his flop on the ice that drew a penalty!! He should have been an actor! hahaha!! And then to add another injustice, he got the next goal! Thank goodness it was their last. I don't like Nashville...too many Texans (= republicans) there. Isn't it so strange that the games each team won, were in their opposing rinks? Just weird. It's the first time all year I've actually watched a hockey game from beginning to end.
    Btw....we purchased the PC brand of gluten-free flour, and I made myself pancakes this morning!! Yay! Oh! And the gluten-free Catelli pasta? My DH said that if he didn't know it was gluten-free, he'd never be able to tell! So try it! OH!! AND he found a box of gluten-free bars at Costco when we were there yesterday and each one (3 different flavours in the box), is about the size of a chocolate bar! I tell ya, one of those and a cuppa tea, and it's lunch!

Thanks, @danger_dan , it'll be a lovely Mother's Day,, having the family all together as usual. I'm also doing the charcuterie platter, so lots of food, laughs, wine, and the kids bought a new game that they played at their friends' home a few weekends ago when they were away: Mexican Train. We've never heard of it before, but it's a lot of fun, no thinking (even though I enjoy euchre, sometimes not thinking is a good thing. ), even playing field, all played with dominos!! I'm thinkin' it'll get hauled out, too. I hope so!
    You enjoy your weekend, too...will you and your Lady be visiting your in-laws?

Okay! Off and pacing!!

Enjoy your day, everyone!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Nice jacket @walkonby. I can't wear that color. I'd pass as an extra on The Walking Dead. I envy people who can pull it off because I really like it.

I'm coming over for dessert @Lynn49. Creme brulee is one of my favorites but please don't think I'm strange because I prefer it without the sugar on top.

Ohhhh..that's a tough one.
    Because, Honey, I don't think you're strange, I dang well know you're strange!!

Seriously, though? No crackly sugar on top?
    Well, we'll see how these turn out because our DD is a creme brulee "nazi"...she's sent them back in restaurants. I always thought mine were terrific, but it's been a few years since I made them and she wants to learn so that she can then tweek it to make it 'prefect the next time'. Pressure's on....hahaha!!

So sure! C'mon over! I won't torch yours!
    ...probably
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, May 11th, 2018 at 11:34 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

@Lynn49 , we're having a whole family get together too, but it'll be at the Lady's Gandma's house
    DANGER

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!!!

Hi @Lynn49 you are making one of my favourite dessert I guess I should drop in for some.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Hi @Lynn49 you are making one of my favourite dessert I guess I should drop in for some.
    Do you want to drive or shall I?

Thread Information