User Tag List

Page 564 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 64 464 514 554 562 563 564 565 566 574 614 664 1064 1564 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, @avoncallingu !
    Omgoodness!! I can't imagine having to climb stairs to piddle after a tkr! Is your friend alone in the house? If she's with someone, like I was, it's better if she spent time on the 2nd floor near the washroom..it might be boring to be in bed for a few days, but much more convenient and a lot less scary than stairs! I was in overnight, so I hope they at least do that for her.

As for bookcases, can the one you have now be turned on its side to be horizontal? Some can, some can't. Just saw the feet off.... Good luck finding what you need. Have you seen bookcases that are higher up, or around beds? I love those ideas!
    I'm sure Ikea has some cheap and cheerful ones that you can fit together?

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Just stopped by to say, "Hi!" Waiting for my second wind. But we have to be in Hamilton (Not the play-the city&#128516 tomorrow for a 10:30 appointment. My friend is coming with us as she was born there and knows it inside-out. I always get lost when I go there.

Lynn, your vaca is really sounding wonderful! You deserve a really good adventure since you have put up with a lot in the past few years.

I ran around and picked up birthday and anniversary cards and gifts. Got some things straightened out at the bank. Re-arranged a next couple of appointments for my BrotherR, got a few essentials picked up for Tootie and I. Now I need to cook her chicken and boil it to make some broth. We are moving towards "real" food but the vet is saying,"take it slowly. " Today is the final day of her meds so she is moving right along.

My friend had a total knee replacement today and I am not sure if they were going to send her home or not. When I called the hospital they said she was in surgery but , although it was listed as "day surgery, they might admit her. She said she'll be spending a lot of time in the dining room for the next couple of weeks because their bedroom is on the second floor (but so is the bathroom.)

I am getting together with some of my former principal cohorts on Friday for lunch. We used to meet monthly to "chat" as you can't "chat" with your staff about some things. We all studied together for the process of becoming principals and became good friends. We're all retired now except one, I think.

Was looking today for a horizontal bookcase that I can store books from a vertical bookcase that I have now moved into my "craft" room. It has to be one that won't block the floor heating vent. I used to have one that would have been perfect but it got lost in the downsizing-moving adventures.

Well, I have to get thinks cooked, organized and prepared for trips to Hamilton, dr. appointments, anniversary, birthday, then wedding rehearsal and wedding this weekend.

Cabbie, you must be so proud of yourself! Sounds like your health is coming back together! Glad you dropped by!

Newfiescreech -all I can say is -summer IS coming. Have a swig of that screech, I hear it warms you to the cockles of your heart!

See ya later, folks!
    cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks guys, I haven't been around much the last few days. I was getting antsy and going for a few walks lol. My plan is to be under 300lbs by the end of this month and right now i'm at 315lbs.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, cabbie, well done! Glad you are doing okay!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Thanks guys, I haven't been around much the last few days. I was getting antsy and going for a few walks lol. My plan is to be under 300lbs by the end of this month and right now i'm at 315lbs.
    Congratulations, @cabmonk , I know how difficult it is to lose weight, and I applaude you for your success! Temptations are all around us and it's dang hard to keep our eyes on the prize, but you must be feeling so much better now. Keep up the great work, Hon!!!
    Newfiescreech, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Lynn, as always you have wonderful ideas! That over-the-bed bookcase would really do the trick without taking up any space. You are a GENIUS, girlie!

My friend is married but I have a sneaky idea that he is heading off to an international conference of which he is the president.

Her daughter might be able to stay with her.

I will have to be up at 6:30 to get all the ducks swimming in the right direction to get Brother R to his appointment by 10:30. This kind of venture is always very stressful for him which, in turn, makes it stressful for me. But I am hoping that we can have a nice lunch down by the lake after his appointment. Depends how long it takes. Don't want to leave Tootie too long.

Take care my friends! Enjoy your days. We may get tricky weather tomorrow. Just hoping it's not where we are!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Ohhhh Cabmonk..you can do it ..especially when we set our mind to it ..keep up awesome hard work your doing ..it will all pay off in long run
    Lynn49, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh yeah no turning back now lol. Today I did the ddp yoga hips, back and knees. I'm going to start putting that into my rotation. I have to modify it a bit but I was able to mostly do it. He keeps saying if it's too hard just lower to a knee and I'm like I can't lower to a f*king knee lol. However Tuesday I was finally able to do it. I'll keep you all posted.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Wed, Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:53 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays and all my friends here. It going to rain today my garden welcome it. So will try and be indoors . @cabmonk congrats and you can do it you are doing awesome keep it up. Have a great day all

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

@GoJays , @flemeth , Good morning all
    Drizzly here right now, and on and off during the commute in today. Agreed, much needed for our garden as well.

Have a wonderful hump day everyone.

DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning crew! @cabmonk I see you are making the kind of progress with the ddp yoga that deserves celebration!! Very happy for you! ( funny when you cursed about dropping to a knee at first ) @avoncallingu one of your day's is like a week of mine ( activity wise ) you social butterfly you! Good luck searching out the perfect bookcase.
    I am just slightly concerned about the high winds they were forecasting yesterday for today's rain activities.
    DH did a double check to move some things that might blow away in the back yard just in case.

Poor Marlies last night, I really thought that Calder Cup was theirs! Oh well Thursday it is then Game 7!!
    And speaking of losers!! Blue Jays breaking more T.O. fans hearts with their 2nd loss to TB....avoid the sweep this afternoon boys!! Win at least one game.
    It's time for my tea......." one hump or two "? enjoy the humps in your hump day everybody!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, great to see some rain to help the veggie garden along!!

Name:  215685-Family-Guy-Wednesday-Hump-Day-Quote.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  56.7 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  5637f570102420db323a8cb6aef9d2c6.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  41.0 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!!

We'll be leaving for camp today, but after those wild thunderboomers that should appear around 10:30, and leave a couple hours later. No hurry. I've baked and cut GS's b'day cake into the poop emoji shape...yes, he's having a poop cake. Sigh....boys, huh? It's in the freezer now so that I can skim-coat it and frost them together prior to my DD decorating it with brown rolled fondant and other features that will make it look realistically poopy. Good grief, where have we gone wrong?!!
    @cabmonk , great work, loved that you saw such progress in bending those knees; it doesn't take long to make progress, does it? Keep it up, you're on your way to much better health!!
    @avoncallingu , I'm not quite a genius, that bookcase idea is knocking around Pinterest (my new addiction), and I've always loved the look. Put a reading light on the wall, and you're in for a nice snuggly book and puppy evening. Or morning. Have a lovely day and weekend!

Well...off to do some packing, then the cake...I hope you all stay safe if those high winds are heading your way...btw, did you see the news scroll of a plate-glass window that was peeled off a high-rise in Edmonton by high winds?? Be careful, everyone down south!!!

Have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend! See you all on the flip-side!!

Thread Information