User Tag List

Page 585 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 85 485 535 575 583 584 585 586 587 595 635 685 1085 1585 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thx for your good wishes, everyone.

Well, the nurse must have brought me up at the team's morning huddle, because the doctor just called and she will come to see me today, so hopefully she will have some solutions - not only for the sciatica, but my breathing hasn't been great.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Nat-I just read your post. Hopefully your PT can help somehow with the sciatic pain! I seem to have annoyed my right sciatic nerve -I think by carrying Tootie over to the grass so she doesn't have to walk on the pavement when it is so hot. Waiting to board the plane in another few minutes. Can't wait to RE-LAX! Have a safe and comfortable day everyone!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    .. @Lynn49, and you tell me and @GoJays that we stir the pot!

Right!?! Pot meet kettle

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh my....lots and lots of news to chew on in here!!
    I am glad that you got the attention of your Dr. @Natalka ....hope that house visit today provides you some new answers and treatment.
    Sciatica seems to be making the rounds here....I never want that pain again......for those of you suffering right now with back and leg aches I am now wishing them all away!!

@GoJays I LOVED the Hershey Kisses street lamps!! Your trip sure sounded lovely, bet the kids had a ball watching all those games!
    Did you happen to see the news reports on recent surveys that Canadians are now canceling their usual trips and vacations to the USA and also will be buying more Made In Canada products as the tensions rise over tariffs and trade?

I suppose anyone with family in the US would have a tough time boycotting relatives.....ha ha
    It sure appears that Trump despises every other Country in the world and has picked a Twitter fight with all of them...........oh wait except Russia, he loves them.

I BBQ'd up another 6 burgers this a.m. ( trying to keep the stove top and oven off ) cooked sweet potato on the BBQ too, had to really watch it though, our BBQ dials are so screwy, every time I turned the flame low it went out with any breeze!! grrr!
    Doggies were bad boys today, barking inside while I was outside....I had no idea, couldn't here them and DH came downstairs after being woken up....oops!! My bad! Should have brought them out with me I suppose.

Any how, another w/e is soon to begin and it sounds like many of you are so ready for it!! Have fun!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

@walkonby ,
    Thank you again for the Corn sale notification!

The Lady and I dropped into Walmart last night to pick up some price matched corn...turns out we didn't need to price match at all...Walmart had them on sale for $0.14/cob!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ yes!! @danger_dan
    See? I was unsure if every WM had lowered their original price down from the .77 that was in the flyer or if it was only my location here.
    So nice to get cheap corn when BBQ season is in full swing!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @GoJays I LOVED the Hershey Kisses street lamps!! Your trip sure sounded lovely, bet the kids had a ball watching all those games!
    Did you happen to see the news reports on recent surveys that Canadians are now canceling their usual trips and vacations to the USA and also will be buying more Made In Canada products as the tensions rise over tariffs and trade?

I suppose anyone with family in the US would have a tough time boycotting relatives.....ha ha
    It sure appears that Trump despises every other Country in the world and has picked a Twitter fight with all of them...........oh wait except Russia, he loves them.
    You know what... anyone that cancels a trip because of one person among 325 million others is a word - perhaps several words - that will get deleted if I type them out here. We didn't cross the border to see Trump. We went for baseball and softball and had a great time doing it. We weren't given any problems from one single person there when they discovered that we were Canadian. In fact, the girls on the US teams wanted photos with our girls because they'd never met Canadians before - they thought it was so cool that we went all that way just for softball. And good luck finding made in Canada stuff. It's few and far between.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good early morning @GoJays .
    Good morning everyone. It’s Friday we should get some relief today from the heat and humidity. @avoncallingu and @Lynn49 enjoy your time together. @Natalka I hope you are Better and the Dr had some answer for you. Have a great day all

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    You know what... anyone that cancels a trip because of one person among 325 million others is a word - perhaps several words - that will get deleted if I type them out here. We didn't cross the border to see Trump. We went for baseball and softball and had a great time doing it. We weren't given any problems from one single person there when they discovered that we were Canadian. In fact, the girls on the US teams wanted photos with our girls because they'd never met Canadians before - they thought it was so cool that we went all that way just for softball. And good luck finding made in Canada stuff. It's few and far between.
    awwww, sorry @GoJays , I know why YOU and your family went....did not mean to touch any nerve, I was only posting what that survey had said that many Canadians will be doing going forward. Personally as a family we travel very little and almost never to the US, so most of this doesn't concern me...again I am sorry.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! It's just coming five, so I'll try get a bit more sleep, but thought I would check in.
    Sciatica is somewhat better, but I have to be careful. While ultrasound has helped the left knee a bit, just over all both legs are in bad shape and it's a bugger to get around.
    The doc really came to address nurses' concerns with my breathing. She's changing my inhalers, which I will get today. She did give me an overall checkup, and everything else is okay. Well, I am still swollen in places, so she put me on fluid restriction.

So, yesterday, got this huge sheaf of legal documents regarding my younger brother's estate; it's been eight months since he passed away. It's just yucky to deal with financial stuff, you know? The only sane part is that we five siblings are in agreement on everything, so no one will cause trouble or go to court. I am going to have to find out if I can get a notary public to come to me here, since I can't get out.

Today will be our hottest day, 41 humidex. Ick, ick, ick!

Have a great day, everyone!
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jul 6th, 2018 at 07:09 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

My DH and Avon are still asleep, but I've been up since 5:30. I just wasn't happy with the cuocakes I made yesterday, so I baked another batch, just out of the oven. Now I'm happy. I'll bring all the stuff to frost them at camp.I'll need a nap this afternoon, too.

A busy weekend ahead of us, much misbehaving at the party, but not Avon....she can be designated babysitter for us grownups because she just doesn't ever misbehave! Go figure, huh?

Off to do stuff! Enjoy the day and your weekends! Thank goodness the temps have moderated!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , you're right about travel to the US: statistically, the rate is dropping. Personally I wouldn't venture into the lower red states (and yes, there are, so far, red states in the north, although that may change in farming regions). We'll be going to NYC in September, and as @GoJays posted, not to visit trump, but to enjoy what the city offers. Contrary to some opinions, we found New Yorkers very friendly and helpful...a pleasure to be there.

However.....we likely won't venture over the border again....travel may just involve a cruise, a shirt overnight in the US to catch the ship, but that's it. The 'kids' and their friends will also be heading over the border in September, to S. Carolina for a week of golf and R&R. So I guess we're the exceptions to the trend....

As far as the "buy Canadian" goes, we all chatted about that recently, and it's complicated ... I wanted to buy French's clamato juice, but it's twice the price of the Motts brand, which, I was told, is MADE in Canada! I'll continue to keep an eye on purchases, but........cost still enters into our buying decisions,dang it.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jul 6th, 2018 at 07:54 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby I would not be able to boycott the USA because all my Family live there my immediate Mother father and siblings also everyone from my side if the family. In Canada I have all my DH family and a few cousin and 2 Aunt's so my Tues are there . I usually enjoy my time there since I used to live there a long time ago and a do agree with @GoJays and @Lynn49 that it's an awesome place to visit and Lynn49 you are correct New Yorkers are very helpful and friendly especially if you are in the City . Never went to Chicago but might be going with my DDs if the let me in the car in a few weeks the are doing a road trip. .so keeping my fingers crossed.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    awwww, sorry @GoJays, I know why YOU and your family went....did not mean to touch any nerve, I was only posting what that survey had said that many Canadians will be doing going forward. Personally as a family we travel very little and almost never to the US, so most of this doesn't concern me...again I am sorry.
    No nerve, don't worry. No need to apologize, just stating my opinion on the subject The only reason we'd not travel to the US any longer is because of the crappy dollar. It's just too damn expensive! You can't shop there anymore - everything costs the same as here, just add the exchange rate on top of it! The only things we buy there are items that we can't get here.

Thread Information