User Tag List

Page 614 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 114 514 564 604 612 613 614 615 616 624 664 714 1114 1614 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Have a good day @Natalka

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, everyone!

Well, in typical style here at camp, it drizzled at night and a bit ghis morning, but it's all sunny now! The girls have headed out to hike the Cup and Saucer trail, then off to the Bridal Veil falls, about a 1/2 hr from here, we're just relaxing.

@walkonby , yes, it was SO nice to finally meet her ThBay friend, we snuck up on them at the beach and I just flipped out DD's hat off her, lol....later they played right through the game, Mexican Train....such a fun, non-thinking game! We visited for a while in the evening, then left them to visit together.

Sorry I can't seem to "like" anyone whikt here, so weird.

@cabmonk , great food choices! It's how we should all eat, except of course I'd need butter on those veggies, but thank goodness that doesn't contribute to cholesterol....at our age that would have been a problem.

Enjoy your Saturdays, everyone!!! I hope you all get some real relaxation this weekend!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! Dropping in to say hello.

Doing little "catch-up " things today -trying to stay off my feet. I have tried my mother's old remedy of a poultice of sugar and soap on my ingrown toenail to try to draw out the infection. We'll see. It hurts l"Like the Bilio" as my dad used to say. I can't get it seen-to until next Friday.

Have made some calls and done some laundry and tended to my plants somewhat. Some nasty critter was digging in my newly -planted aloe plants and knocked one of the pots off the table-smash!

It's "Hide your nuts" time, I guess.😉

It's a beautiful day if somewhat humid. I have been doing some soul-searching and enjoying my alone time to think.

Well, enjoy your day, whatever it holds.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. It was a busy couple days form. Was Hosting a BBQ yesterday with my Family and friends had more that 75 people. So had to get a lot done. The BBQ got warped up about 11PM. Did some of the cleaning up late last night but still have lots more to do. Will have to soon get started since I. Couldn’t sleep in like I plan to took an Advil,night time and was hoping to sleep in but it didn’t work. ,. Hope everyone is doing great will catch up on the posts later. Have a great Sunday everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hi folks! Dropping in to say hello.

Doing little "catch-up " things today -trying to stay off my feet. I have tried my mother's old remedy of a poultice of sugar and soap on my ingrown toenail to try to draw out the infection. We'll see. It hurts l"Like the Bilio" as my dad used to say. I can't get it seen-to until next Friday.

Have made some calls and done some laundry and tended to my plants somewhat. Some nasty critter was digging in my newly -planted aloe plants and knocked one of the pots off the table-smash!

It's "Hide your nuts" time, I guess.

It's a beautiful day if somewhat humid. I have been doing some soul-searching and enjoying my alone time to think.

Well, enjoy your day, whatever it holds.
    @avoncallingu I hope you get some relief soon from your ingrown toe nail. My great grandmother would make a poultice with sugar ,turmeric,water and flour and it works to draw out the infection.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Tomorrow will be the last day of my first 13 week program with ddp yoga. It was a scheduled day off but because it's the last day of my first 13 weeks I wanted to do something. So tomorrow I'll squeeze in the ddp yoga hips back and knees. It's about 30 mins long and will be a good way to wrap up the beginners program. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Grear you finish the beginners ddp yoga @cabmonk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I'll keep pushing forward with my ddp yoga and my new diet.
    Just an example of what I've been eating. Here's what I had today.
    Breakfast: cereal, vegan yogurt, 1 rye toast with peanut butter and bananas. Lunch: cauliflower, chickpeas and black beans, cucumbers, sunflower seeds, and hummus. Dinner: roasted sweet potatoes and 2 rye toast with hummus, cucumbers and sunflower seeds. Snack was a banana and about 6 strawberries with homemade lemonade using stevia. Trying to eat well.
    @cab mokn you are doing awesome job on trying to eat healthy and stay fit. Keep up the great work. Your meals sound delicious

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, happy Sunday!

Dare I say that I am cold in the house? What a change! Night was rough for me with the sciatica really being painful in my left leg.

Nurse came yesterday. My 💓 is 43, so no change there.
    Good news on another front, though. I was able to go back to compression stockings. It was so nice having nekkid legs overnight!

Our son was over yesterday, and continued helping with going through boxes from the basement, loading a lot of stuff up in his truck for garbage. It's such a huge help for us that he is helping with this!

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  9C0FE5CC-5DE5-4278-AC59-2D612ACA4F9C.gif
Views: 86
Size:  137.4 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have a good day @Natalka

Wow !! Nice see you back at smartcanuck cabmonk..guess you been busy busy theses days ..hope all is well take good care yourself
    Lynn49, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kool_105 View Post
    Mmmmmm this doesnt look like watermelon to me hahaha ..looks like corn on cob ..but hey we newfies could call it anything ..when we can’t remember name of something..it could be da thingy ..or chum he jigger ..Newfie lingo
    cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, everyone!

Back from camp, what a perfect weekend with 'the girls'...they hiked the 16km trail (trail? climbing walls also!), they dropped by for coffee and tea this morning, then went off the the big flea market, then invited us over for another visit, which we did, then left there about 1pm. Such wonderful girls!

@cabmonk, I just re-read your menu, and I don't see much in the way of protein there.....I hope you're getting enough, Hon!

@flemeth, entertaining's a blast, but oiy, the clean-up; even when people offer to clean we feel obliged to say, "No thank you, it's fine.", when it's really not fine at all. I hope you got through it today.

@avoncallingu, eek, sorry to hear that your toe is still such a bother, another week to wait?! That's so long when you're in so much pain. Hope that poutice works!
    So...."soul-searching", huh? What'd you find?

@Natalka, nice to hear you got some relief from that nasty heat I've heard about on tv this weekend out there! What a scorcher! I also heard it's supposed to settle into a normal mid-20s range for you this week..hope so!

Well, I hope I caught up on your posts....I think I've convinced (ie: whined long enough) my DH to fix us up with wifi at our trailer; I tried to download a book while there, and couldn't do it. Of course, with visiting the girls this weekend there wasn't much time for reading anyway.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone; I hope it's sunny and beautiful where you are, too!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Aug 12th, 2018 at 03:38 PM.
    Natalka, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, after going to church this morning, went to lunch with some friends. Two of them are flying to Italy tonight until Sept. 1. I am so wishing that was my agenda.

When I got home, I was taking off my bandage to soak my foot and ripped the skin under my toe-blood everywhere! It was looking very inflamed-even purplish so I arranged for BrotherR to come over to dogs it and here I sit in the local ER. Just don't fool around with infected toes.

2.5 hr. wait to see a doctor or practitioner.

Little girl with what they are calling "secondary drowning."

Another little boy with vomiting and diarrhea whose mother is complaining that he is ruining her birthday.

If I get out of here with only an infected toe, it will be a miracle.

I'm not touching ANYTHING!

Poor sick crying babies everywhere!
    Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Well, after going to church this morning, went to lunch with some friends. Two of them are flying to Italy tonight until Sept. 1. I am so wishing that was my agenda.

When I got home, I was taking off my bandage to soak my foot and ripped the skin under my toe-blood everywhere! It was looking very inflamed-even purplish so I arranged for BrotherR to come over to dogs it and here I sit in the local ER. Just don't fool around with infected toes.

2.5 hr. wait to see a doctor or practitioner.

Little girl with what they are calling "secondary drowning."

Another little boy with vomiting and diarrhea whose mother is complaining that he is ruining her birthday.

If I get out of here with only an infected toe, it will be a miracle.

I'm not touching ANYTHING!

Poor sick crying babies everywhere!
    Difficult to "Like" that, @avoncallingu , but you're in a good place, now stay put! Poor kiddlings, exp that "mother" who's complaining the poor child is ruining her b'day! I just hate hearing things like that!!! There are couples who'd give anything to have a little one and treat it with so much love...why do the damn b*tches get knocked up!?!

I hope they can do something for you, and although it'll be pretty difficult to go through, poor kid, it'll be all over but the healing!!

{{{hugs}}}...keep in touch, Hon...
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks for your concern, Lynn! Dr. basically said, you're doing the right thing -soak it, used anti-inflamatories and polysporin and don't wear pointy shoes. Ha! I think I was in grade 13 the last time I wore pointy shoes. My father used to call them "Winkle -Pickers" cause they were so pointy that you could use them to pick winkles (like oysters) out of their shells.

No deep set infection so good old time and care. As Lynn knows, I have a few commitments this week which could be hard to work around.

I do have a very nice story to tell about the ER though. It was about 5:30 and I was pretty hungry so I went over to the dispensing machines. One young man kindly informed me that I shouldn't waste my money on the pop machine as a bottle was stuck and the mechanism couldn't move.

Then I was looking over the "sandwich and snack machine." Nothing much left and what there was didn't look very appealing. I finally decided on a turkey club wrap that was $5.00. Now the pop machine took credit cards, but this one did not. So here I was trying to juggle my purse, my wallet, and my back-rest. I had a $20 bill but the machine wasn't accepting it. Anot her kind young man saw me and tried to help, but we concluded that it just didn't have enough change to give me back. I was standing trying to get "re-assembled" when he came over and offered me the $5 in change and helped me to get the sandwich. I thanked him very much for his generous help. He said, "That's ok, we all live in Canada." He was a Muslim and the other fellow was a Sihk. In that waiting room, there were Old order Mennonites, Russian-speaking people, black couples, natives, old people, babies, teens,orientals, white people, and I thought, he's right! This place is a microcosm of Canada. Made me smile!
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Thread Information