User Tag List

Page 643 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 143 543 593 633 641 642 643 644 645 653 693 743 1143 1643 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

just read a few pages back and as usual I had to suppress my giggles so as not to wake the sleeping giants upstairs.
    Which reminds me, earlier I was in the basement and the darn doorbell rings, setting off both dogs.....JEEBUS!!!!!

I dash up, open the door a real estate flyer is tucked in the handle of the screen door, I see the guy in the path and scold him about him ding donging my house!! I say through clenched teeth " I have shift workers trying to sleep you moron!! "

yeah, That is how I roll when you wake up my guys for your useless flyer which you could have just left in the door handle.

Other than that today is kind of good. Oh and @Lynn49 that rare moment the other day when I cooked? I know!! What the heck happened?? It comes in waves, usually sparked by a food about to spoil, so I feel the need to rescue it.

Almost the weekend!!! well o.k. not really but soon.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A good fine morning to you all!!!!

Wow, @walkonby...did you really call him a "moron"?? Hahaha...I wouldn't have the nerve; remind me to stand behind you in any attacks we may encounter!

@avoncallingu...how awful that you have to wait so long to get those results, then book an appt to find out what will eventually be done to help you! Are you in a lot of pain? Does anything help? Sometimes just cuddling a pup helps...

@Natalka, I hope you're having a pain-free day and woke up after a really good, refreshing sleep!

I just booked our transportation from Newark to our hotel, then the return home. It makes so much more sense than hauling luggage to a bus, then train to Penn station and a block's walk to our hotel!! Particularly if I need to bring my walker with me. So....another detail taken care of!

We see our doc later today and I have a long scroll of questions that need answers about this fibro thing, particuarly what he's going to do about my fatigue and dizzyness....I've heard that cbd oil works, so I'll ask him about that.

For now, I'll be watching CNN wrt Florence; the kids are concerned their trip in 2 weeks to Myrtle Beach for a week of golf may be cancelled.....

So!!! Have a wonderful day, everyone...hope it brings nothing but smiles for you!!

Oh, I'd love to paint this!!!! Happy fall, y'all!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:57 AM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My hairdresser was talking about cbd oil (which I don't currently have in my stash.) And she was saying that one of her friends with Fibromyalgia uses it and she has NO MORE SYMPTOMS. Which is great for this woman because she is a STIPPER and her fibro was cutting into her employment opportunities. I must admit, I had to ask what it was. So if your dr. okays it-you never KNOW what career opportunities lie ahead for you . 😉

I don't mean to downplay the issue -my S-i-l is looking into it for the same reason. No one who hasn't experienced these invisible ailments can imagine what it is like to experience them. I really hope you got good news.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    My hairdresser was talking about cbd oil (which I don't currently have in my stash.) And she was saying that one of her friends with Fibromyalgia uses it and she has NO MORE SYMPTOMS. Which is great for this woman because she is a STIPPER and her fibro was cutting into her employment opportunities. I must admit, I had to ask what it was. So if your dr. okays it-you never KNOW what career opportunities lie ahead for you . 

I don't mean to downplay the issue -my S-i-l is looking into it for the same reason. No one who hasn't experienced these invisible ailments can imagine what it is like to experience them. I really hope you got good news.
    Hi, @avoncallingu ...I had to laugh at my potential "career opportunity"!! I think I'll pass this time, however and just lay low, hopefully with my symptoms gone. Nice to hear that she felt relief from cbd oil and I hope it works for your SIL, too!
    As for our doctor, we waited an hour to see him, then his nurse came out and informed us that he was called away.
    Then told my DH that it was for his coroner's duty...seems the guy who non-fatally shot his wife last night was found dead in his home ohhhh...about the time our doctor was called away. So, we have an appt on the 19th now. Dang it, I was hoping to be on cbd oil or something else by the time we left on our trip. But I won't start anything until we get back now, in case I have a negative reaction to it.

Thank you for your confidence however, in my entertainment abilities!!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Friday, finally.
    Another busy day.
    Take care everyone.

Last edited by danger_dan; Fri, Sep 14th, 2018 at 06:42 AM.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

cbd oil has been used for fibromyalgia
    hemp oil has been used for fibromyalgia
    hemp and cbd originate from the same plant, different species
    hemp seed has been used for fibromyalgia
    hemp seed is sold in the Natural Value section and Costco
    hemp seed can be used with cereal, in baking, with yogurt
    Manitoba Harvest is one brand of hemp seed

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thank you, @Shwa Girl ! Glad to see you here!

Morning, folks! Tentative start to my day. But, responsibilities call. I have a "joint" wedding tomorrow - my long-time friend's niece. My friend will be part of the ceremony. It's a very small family wedding. I have known this bride since she was a very little girl and now she has a little girl of her own.

Keep cool, or warm or just cozy today! Hoping everyone with health challenges finds peace.

Isn't this the last weekend of summer? Can we roll this video back a bit? Well, no-I love the fall!

Take care everyone!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Happy Freaky Friday!

We are into single digit temps here. Yay!

So I had a scary incident yesterday, don't freak, I am fine and was safe.

I had gone mid morning to have a rest and had a short nap. When I awoke and sat up, I was dizzy - maybe a bit more than usual - so I just put on the radio, had some water and sat for a few minutes.
    Then I got really woozy, a feeling of hotness came over me from my face on down... Next thing I knew I was laid back on the bed. It took a few seconds to realize what had happened, I wouldn't lay down that way willingly because it would hurt my back. And it was just for seconds.

So, yeah, first time I have ever passed out. Feel SO very lucky that I didn't fall forward, or when I was walking.
    When the nurse came, my BP was fine, and my heart rate was 46, so those were good. I had eaten breakfast, I had had fluids, so there was no answer as to why.

My son had come over whilst the nurse was here, and after, I walked to the kitchen. He pulled up a chair to sit close to me, and while we were talking and he was showing me some things he bought, I had that hotness and wooziness come twice more like five minutes apart, but in a minor way and nothing else happened.

I was okay, helped get supper ready, didn't have much of an appetite but ate what I could. I was fine for the evening, overnight, and this morning.

So, yes, I will be really careful today and will call for help should I need it.

Take care, everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , no matter what you say, I'm still feeling scared for you and all that you're going through right now. Passing out isn't something to ignore...your bp must have taken a nose-dive. Just make sure that as you walk around, you're using your cane or walker in case you feel that way again. Jeepers, what in the world is next?!!!

Have a great day, everyone...going up to 30C with humidity, so I'l be indoors more than out, although...Michaels just sent me a 55% off coupon, so DH said he'd drive me there, and I'll print out a couple so we can both buy me some craft supplies I want...um...need.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, it scared me, too, and I have been ultra-vigilant all morning.
    I always use the walker, so no choice there. I had to give up the cane months ago.

I actually have a loaner from the health region, and am just looking to buy one. It still irks me that there is a perfectly fine walker in the basement that is too wide to use in the house. It was fine in the hospital, but boo to the mobility store who knew it was going to be for home use and said nothing about the size.

Anyway, I have made sure I have eaten and am drinking enough today.

Yeah, what next, indeed! I was telling Milan yesterday that it should be when I get a new thing wrong, something else should drop off my problems list.

Well I just had lunch, so I am going to head to bed for a bit!

Happy shopping, @Lynn49 !!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lynn, it scared me, too, and I have been ultra-vigilant all morning.
    I always use the walker, so no choice there. I had to give up the cane months ago.

I actually have a loaner from the health region, and am just looking to buy one. It still irks me that there is a perfectly fine walker in the basement that is too wide to use in the house. It was fine in the hospital, but boo to the mobility store who knew it was going to be for home use and said nothing about the size.

Anyway, I have made sure I have eaten and am drinking enough today.

Yeah, what next, indeed! I was telling Milan yesterday that it should be when I get a new thing wrong, something else should drop off my problems list.

Well I just had lunch, so I am going to head to bed for a bit!

Happy shopping, @Lynn49 !!
    Just got back from a quick trip to Michaels, but wondering if you could call the mobility place and complain that they sold you a product that they knew was intended for home use, yet sold you one that couldn't go through a normal doorway!! It's not like it's been abused over months of use...maybe a deal could be struck? Hopefully when you're in your new home (how's that going, btw?) it'll be more suitable if you have to keep it.

Done in here, so I'm going to play a game on here and just relax...
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Dammit!!!

Just saw on CNN....a guy was rescued from his home because a tree fell on it. Wife and baby DEAD!
    What a waste of two lives!!! Why did they stay? Was there a mandatory evactuation issued for their area?
    Just heartbreaking.
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Friday everyone!! Oh this last hurrah with heat!
    I had to be out and about a couple of times earlier today and when standing in certain spots the sun was bearing down as if it was the middle of summer. Still using the A/C here. @Natalka wrt to what you experienced...( fainting ) did you let the Dr.'s/nurses know what had happened?
    It must have been so comforting to have Milan there as you felt that coming on again, thank goodness you did not fall off a chair or pass out in front of him.

A friend of mine is going through her own first time with " vertigo " and feeling so confused about it all. I have tried to reassure her that it may disappear as quickly as it came ( as mine did ), showed her how to do the positional maneuver the instant she feels it coming on but she is also doing the right thing and seeking all the medical help in the meantime.
    That is your best bet too Natalka....keep those medicals pros on speed dial.

It is my youngest baby's b'day soon!
    Dinner reservations have been made, gift cards have been purchased.....squirreling away my hugs, kisses and well wishes for one outpouring........might even arrange for the staff to do the b'day song cuz I know how much she loves that kind of thing!! ( NOT! ...ha ha )
    Should be a lovely time on the weekend.
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information