User Tag List

Page 644 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 144 544 594 634 642 643 644 645 646 654 694 744 1144 1644 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 29298
Like Tree118404Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Happy Friday everyone!! Oh this last hurrah with heat!
    I had to be out and about a couple of times earlier today and when standing in certain spots the sun was bearing down as if it was the middle of summer. Still using the A/C here. @Natalka wrt to what you experienced...( fainting ) did you let the Dr.'s/nurses know what had happened?
    It must have been so comforting to have Milan there as you felt that coming on again, thank goodness you did not fall off a chair or pass out in front of him.

A friend of mine is going through her own first time with " vertigo " and feeling so confused about it all. I have tried to reassure her that it may disappear as quickly as it came ( as mine did ), showed her how to do the positional maneuver the instant she feels it coming on but she is also doing the right thing and seeking all the medical help in the meantime.
    That is your best bet too Natalka....keep those medicals pros on speed dial.

It is my youngest baby's b'day soon!
    Dinner reservations have been made, gift cards have been purchased.....squirreling away my hugs, kisses and well wishes for one outpouring........might even arrange for the staff to do the b'day song cuz I know how much she loves that kind of thing!! ( NOT! ...ha ha )
    Should be a lovely time on the weekend.
    @walkonby , yes, who knew we'd still have to be using the A/C mid September! I really am ready for cooler temps. Not wintery, just cooler.

And don't you DARE have the staff sing her b'day song!!! Oh, our DD would be mortified, as would any of us! I know you won't do it because you're such a good Mom....so what gift cards did you buy her...Sephora?
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Am taking Tootie over to the vet a bit later, her she has been "off her oats" for the last couple of days and I need to check her out.

@Lynn49 , I am sorry that you couldn't get to see your doctor. You have some important questions for him.
    @Natalka - that's a scary experience. Definately sounds blood pressure related. The difference between lying down and sitting up used to be an issue for my mother.

I spent some time with a long-time friend who had her knee replaced in June. She has had a pretty rough summer. She is anxious to be mobile again but realizes that she needs to take it slowly. She and her husband are going to South Africa at the end of October so she's dedicated to keeping up with her exercises.

I am going to get busy and cobble together something to eat.

It is unbelievably hot and humid out there. But, you don't have to shovel it!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Sep 14th, 2018 at 06:11 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@walkonby yes the nurse came to see me yesterday, I checked out okay.
    Tuesday my BP was 102, yesterday was 110. Both over 80.

When I was in the hospital, there were times I was in the low 90s - that's what put me on BP meds in the first place.
    Because each side of my heart has only just above 40% function, stuff is all mixed up with compensation, having to do with the electrical stuff OMG Science!
    So they first put me on meds to raise my BP, then there were times it went too high.

These past months my BP has been really stable and normal.

I was okay this aft, slept off and on.

The hurricane stuff is awful. Then there is the super typhoon in the Philippines, and there are over five million people within just over seventy miles of its path - so crazy
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @walkonby , yes, who knew we'd still have to be using the A/C mid September! I really am ready for cooler temps. Not wintery, just cooler.

And don't you DARE have the staff sing her b'day song!!! Oh, our DD would be mortified, as would any of us! I know you won't do it because you're such a good Mom....so what gift cards did you buy her...Sephora?
    You know me well @Lynn49 .... I always say " this is the year I will get the staff to sing to her " and then I always back down....might be because of the way she glares at me during the entire meal?? She knows what my left shoulder " angel " is trying to talk me into doing.....ha ha makes for such a fun outing. Her GC requests were for any or all from ....Sephora, Indigo/Chapters, Forever 21, Old Navy and Subway.
    I got some ....then hijacked her brothers to pay for a few. Good brothers.

UGH!! I flipped the channel ( Jays vs Yankees ) after the 1st inning....5-0. Estrada blew it right out of the gate. It is now 8-0 in the 5th. It was either that watch that or the storm coverage.
    I watched this odd movie that was on tv called Good Neighbours ( made in 2010 I think ) about a serial killer in Montreal. Mainly because Scott Speedman was in it!! The real stars of the movie however were the felines. There were 3 cats in the story and they were so affectionate. I kept trying to figure out how they got these cats to do what they did on command instead of paying more attention to the serial killer plot...ha ha.
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Sep 14th, 2018 at 08:50 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! My poor little Tootie has had some blood work done. There is a possibility that her chronic tooth and gum infection which went so long untreated has led to toxins in her blood which has led to kidney disease. Please send us, -her- your prayers and good wishes.

I have to head off to bed.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. It super hot outside already just did a quick walk with Thor. @Natalka hope you are feeling much better and today is a better day for you was reading back a few post and read you post about you feeling woozy and passing out. Please my friend try and take it easy and I hope your medical team can find a solution to all these complication coming at you.
    @avoncallingu you I will be keeping you and Tootie in my thoughts and prayers.
    Have a great Saturday all

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday!

Oh, Avon, so sorry about this, you two are in my thoughts.

Another very cool day today. It's still odd to hear the furnace kick in.

I had an okay evening - good appetite for supper, which is good - and overnight was okay, considering I did sleep during the day.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    You know me well @Lynn49 .... I always say " this is the year I will get the staff to sing to her " and then I always back down....might be because of the way she glares at me during the entire meal?? She knows what my left shoulder " angel " is trying to talk me into doing.....ha ha makes for such a fun outing. Her GC requests were for any or all from ....Sephora, Indigo/Chapters, Forever 21, Old Navy and Subway.
    I got some ....then hijacked her brothers to pay for a few. Good brothers.

UGH!! I flipped the channel ( Jays vs Yankees ) after the 1st inning....5-0. Estrada blew it right out of the gate. It is now 8-0 in the 5th. It was either that watch that or the storm coverage.
    I watched this odd movie that was on tv called Good Neighbours ( made in 2010 I think ) about a serial killer in Montreal. Mainly because Scott Speedman was in it!! The real stars of the movie however were the felines. There were 3 cats in the story and they were so affectionate. I kept trying to figure out how they got these cats to do what they did on command instead of paying more attention to the serial killer plot...ha ha.
    Oh, @walkonby , I do know you only too well....hahahaha!! I used to get the exact same scowl from our DD when b'day dinners used to be at one of those places that do that...now the fun's gone, I can't even pretend to want to do it anymore! Cherish these times..hahaha!!!
    @avoncallingu , I'm so sorry to hear about Tootie's kidney disease, and of course I'll keep you and the little muffin in my prayers. So then, will there be changes in her food? Medications? I need to hear some good news about her, she's just the sweetest wee thing!!! Give her a gentle hug for me, okay?

Well, the we're all keeping our eyes on Myrtle Beach, since the kids will (hopefully!) be there in two weeks. The 4 of them are planning alternate destinations, but I'm feeling that it'll all be fine by the time they go there. The mayor of MB was on today saying they can handle a tropical storm, that it'll be business as usual soon. Fingers crossed!

As for us, if Florence heads up the coast, we'll be in the midst of it next week in NY! The fun never ends around here!!!!

Busy afternoon....we have DH's oldest brother's and his wife's 75th b'day party to attend, and since our DD and DH have to attend a dinner for his G'Mother's 80th, we'll have our Grandson with us. Which is nice since it's been too long since they've seen him.

Well, I hope you're all having a lovely Saturday afternoon....rest, keep well and enjoy your weekend!!

Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

My night began okay, then towards morning turned rather hellish with sciatica returning to my right leg, and the first time it woke me I couldn't move it at all - husband had to, and massaged it.
    That better darned well stay away, the left is enough to deal with.

Nurse comes today to change leg bandages.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, folks. I gave Tootie a gentle massage last night, applied some essential oils recommended for dogs with these issues, did some hocus-pocus and fed her some chicken and she drank the chicken water. She slept really well and is somewhat perkier this morning. She even had a pee and poop on our little walk. She is asking for more food when I gave her more chicken bits this morning. The stupid male vet who is on duty this weekend is a real jerk so I won't be phoning and I am pretty sure her blood results won't be in until tomorrow. She could hardly lift her head last night, but is more "with it." This morning. Our play practice at church was cancelled so I have stayed home and will keep trying to inch her forward with love.

Thanks for all your good thoughts!

I went to update a ceremony for next week's wedding on my laptop last night, layer a folder on the keyboard and all of a sudden, the whole screen is upside down and I can't figure out why.

My online bank account has locked me out so I can't pay any bills.

So, keeping my attention on Tootie today, and doing laundry and cleaning up dishes are the best things I can do.

Stay hydrated, relaxed and cosy today, folks. Tootie may have slept well, but I didn't.

Going to have a snooze.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. Another busy day here today will be having company this afternoon so since I was out all weekend trying to get some of the deals that is in the bragging session I need to clean so my house looks livable. Didn’t see my cousin in about 15 years so I am looking forward for this visit. Have an awesome day all

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all.
    Busy weekend past, and busy day today.

Need to get everything squared away here at work for the next week.
    Off to the Airport this afternoon, then jet setting off to Paris for the week (that manufacturer's seminar/conference week I mentioned a while back)

Have a wonderful week everyone.
    See you all back here next Monday.

Either @GoJays ' alarm clock didn't go off...or (more likely the case) it's Monday morning and she coudn't be bothered to look up something witty to post. Good morning friend...have a cup.

Last edited by danger_dan; Mon, Sep 17th, 2018 at 07:35 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@danger_dan Bon Voyage! Have a macaron and some nougat for me!
    Hoping you get a decent amount of tourist time amidst the work!

Good morning - well, not for some.
    There's an Amber Alert in my home city of North Battleford, about an hour and a half west of here. The alert has extended to the neighbouring provinces too.

Yesterday before supper a six year old girl was abducted in a SUV, she was left there outside a strip mall in the vehicle unlocked and running while a parent went to a store.
    Presumably the thief didn't know she was there, buckled into her car seat in the back seat.
    Complicating things is that she has epilepsy and autism, doesn't even respond to her name.
    It was zero with snow overnight there.

oh gosh, it was just on the radio that she was found in the city limits of North Battleford about a half hour ago, and is getting medical attention. They will give more info soon.
    So terrible! Hope she is okay.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No other news than that the ditched SUV was found in a truck lot about three minutes away from where it was taken.

Nurse was here yesterday, healing of the infection is going well, almost gone.
    Unfortunately, my heartrate was low, BP was fine - so the nurse called the doctor, who will come see me today.

Misty and cold day today. It's a snuggle your pet (or stuufie) day!

Milan is coming over today after school, so that's guaranteed happiness for me then!

Have a merry Monday, all!

Thread Information