User Tag List

Page 658 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 158 558 608 648 656 657 658 659 660 668 708 758 1158 1658 ... LastLast
Results 9,856 to 9,870 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks! My new modem arrived but I am not sure that it is working wonderfully well. I'm so pooped and achy after running around today that I am taking a rest before heading out to support a friend's new launch of a Women's Space to gather, share ideas and explore possibilities. She has been supporting a friend who has crafted it together out of a belief that women should be equally represented in government and high-profile positions in business, or encouraged in their own business endeavours. Like-minded men welcome too.
    Want to brag a bit -although certainly not MY brag. A member of our church who is a prof in physics has won the 2018 NOBEL PRIZE IN PHYSICS! Her name is Donna Strickland and she is only the 3rd woman to have received a Nobel Prize in this category. She shares it with 2 other people. She is the most unassuming person. Very down-to-earth! You could probably catch her on the evening news.

Well, got to run and tidy up myself before I head out. Tootie has been HATING the cold and rain but my attempts to keep her dry have so far back-fired.

BFN!
    I thought this was so good.

http://fortune.com/2018/10/02/donna-...ize-professor/

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hi everyone!

It's Tuesday before 7 p.m.

My heartrate is 77.

WHAT?

Naw, you're kidding Nat...

No, it's 77 - beating strong, Thanks to the miracles of medicine and a pacemaker which I had put in yesterday morning.

So I am okay, on a cardiac ward, moved from the CCU this aft.

Of course there is a backstory. I fainted Saturday morning and had a fall in the bedroom. Good thing husband was home because my head was wedged between the walker and the bed. I don't remember him moving my head, but I was out a few minutes. I couldn't get up myself, husband couldn't, so he called for help and I got four nice firefighters to get me up.

They checked me over and I was a bit bruised and scraped. They left around eight a.m., nurse came a few hours later.
    I spent the day dizzy and scared.
    Called ambulance Sunday morning, after having tests and seeing docs it was decided to give me a temporary pacemaker to get me through the night.

The temporary thingee didn't quite work out as planned because after all the pain of having all this stuff done below my right ear, they had to put in guide wires to my heart and they weren't consistent, so I had to go into the big cath lab to fix that and they did one in my groin too.

However it worked, it worked, and I made it through the night . I had been down to 22 I think the nurse said.

So Monday after tests, etc I had the operation and all went well.

I have to stop now, but so you guys all know it's good!

So glad I JUST read this. Otherwise I would have been worried sick about ya @Natalka
    You are the 2nd person I know in as many days that has had a pacemaker put in! Our neighbour got the shock of her life when she went in for something else and came out with a pacemaker!!

You sound so relieved and pleased with your procedure. Thanks for posting to let us all know your situation. Medical intervention can sure make the difference. Very happy you now feel like your old self once again.

Almost turkey time here.....just cannot decide which day would be best to have the dinner on......everyone shifts are opposite....ugh!
    It might end up being on Monday when everyone is off.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    I was poking around the threads last night and it seems there isn't a whole lot of activity on the site anymore.. that's a shame. looks mainly like the core group of people are you fine folks!
    As for me, not a whole lot has changed other than I bought a house this year. I rarely use coupons anymore LOL and yea!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hold crap @Natalka !! So scary!
    I'm happy to hear that your heart rate
    is finally normal and that you got the
    care that you needed. Hugs.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Lol. @Natalka...toast, huh? Let me guess....thin, flacid, butter you have to put on yourself but the "toast" is cold by now? There weren't too many breakfasts that were "safe bets" when I was in a few times...cereal, muffin, stay away from eggs...bleh! Porridge wasn't bad...nothing like home-cooking!! But for now, you're exactly where you should be...how are you feeling this morning?
    Oh I feel good! Just was showered, now reattached to everything.
    Toast can't be made by kitchen, but they will on the units.
    Brekkies are def their worst meals.

I had a nice lunch, chick noodle soup with actual flavour (being on the cardio plan), and a huge roast beef sandwich. They don't skimp on protein here.
    Didn't like the carrot cake ( yeah, I know that sounds wrong...).

I am a gonna have a little rest, because I'm not sure what the aft will bring.

?
    So what are the chances of two of my roommates being called Myrtle? They are across from. The man next to me just went for bypass surgery.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Lol...that is one floofy butt that snuck in there!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and GoJays like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hi everyone!

It's Tuesday before 7 p.m.

My heartrate is 77.

WHAT?

Naw, you're kidding Nat...

No, it's 77 - beating strong, Thanks to the miracles of medicine and a pacemaker which I had put in yesterday morning.

So I am okay, on a cardiac ward, moved from the CCU this aft.

Of course there is a backstory. I fainted Saturday morning and had a fall in the bedroom. Good thing husband was home because my head was wedged between the walker and the bed. I don't remember him moving my head, but I was out a few minutes. I couldn't get up myself, husband couldn't, so he called for help and I got four nice firefighters to get me up.

They checked me over and I was a bit bruised and scraped. They left around eight a.m., nurse came a few hours later.
    I spent the day dizzy and scared.
    Called ambulance Sunday morning, after having tests and seeing docs it was decided to give me a temporary pacemaker to get me through the night.

I'm breaking this up so I don't lose it.
    Hi @Natalka I am so glad that your DH was around. Hope you are feeling much better. Also happy that the operation was a success. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. One day at a time my friend

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ah, finally time to myself...DH went out to pick up a porketta for dinner tonight and then out to St. Vincent de Paul to drop off stuff, GS is in school...so before I get into mischief here, thought I'd pop in and say "HI!".

@avoncallingu, that thingy is just called a fold and stitch wreath...some gal invented the idea and everyone's bought her pattern, but I just fiddled around on google, put info together and we're making our own. Patterns? Phhht! Hahaha! We got about 1/2 way through yesterday, and are just using scrap fabric we have from other projects to get the hang of it before..ahem...perfecting our creations.
    Enjoy your play and dinner this evening!

@c_mcarthur, congrats on purchasing your new home! Always exciting...any fixin' up to do or is it perfect just the way it is?

@Newfiescreech, so help me if you say "walk on the beach" one more time, I'LL be the one screeching!! Enjoy it all while you can...if we think about what it's like in those snowy prairies, ugh...can't even imagine that heading our way one day! And last year your spring didn't show up for ages!! Hope you have a better one this year. I plan on hybernating all winter so no worries here. Have fun on your day off, but knowing you, not a moment will be spent "relaxing"!!

@Natalka, hope everyone's taking good care of you and that you're relaxing, although I wonder if you don't feel more like jumping out of bed and getting on with things again!! But no. Sit! Stay. Good girl!

Okay! Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!

Hi Lynn ..its was busy day ,clean floors right through house, clean 2 washrooms ,vacuum basement ,went for 2 hour walk on beach came back prepared supper then went back to beach again this time i pick up some beach glass and sea shells..work my supper off LOL then i done 2 hours of computer work , went to fire hall for over hour playing Halloween 🎃 Party ..now laundry time ..it kept me busy and day went soo fast .now its almost time for bed so im relaxing haha have wonderful night and take good care yourself sweetie
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Hi Lynn ..its was busy day ,clean floors right through house, clean 2 washrooms ,vacuum basement ,went for 2 hour walk on beach came back prepared supper then went back to beach again this time i pick up some beach glass and sea shells..work my supper off LOL then i done 2 hours of computer work , went to fire hall for over hour playing Halloween 🎃 Party ..now laundry time ..it kept me busy and day went soo fast .now its almost time for bed so im relaxing haha have wonderful night and take good care yourself sweetie
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Lynn, I agree.

Well, I am not at home... Bummer.
    Physio dude ran late so by the time he assessed that yes, it was safe for me to be at home, it was too late to make arrangements, it was already 5.

So I was very disappointed, but my men came to visit and got me to chill out.
    It should happen tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Son and husband saw a big difference in what I could do, even from yesterday. Well, I knew, because I was getting better and stronger. I just need time.
    Then the evening care aide came on, she was here last night, and was blown away with how well I was moving. So obviously it's noticeable when you go from amoeba to paramecium! Onward and upward!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I would like one of each, please! So much floof!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone another day of rain and it’s already humid.
    @Natalka I am happy you are doing really better. Hoping u get to go home today in the comfort of your own bed .
    Have a great day all

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning everyone another day of rain and it’s already humid.
    @Natalka I am happy you are doing really better. Hoping u get to go home today in the comfort of your own bed .
    Have a great day all
    Plus 1 ! ^^ I really don't want to head out but I must very soon.....Happy Thirsty Thursday everyone.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information