User Tag List

Page 660 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 160 560 610 650 658 659 660 661 662 670 710 760 1160 1660 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day!

Yes, it's a wonderful one!

Didn't sleep much, don't care. I will catch up later.
    Was just so happy to be home, and we did a lot of talking even during the night.

Milan came over after school yesterday, and will again today.

I am being ever-so careful, don't worry. Husband shadowed me last evening and all morning, he also has let out a big sigh finally. He has been a star!

I will not overdo. I cannot. A big part is modifying movement like getting up and such because I can't put pressure on my left arm and can't raise it above my shoulder for six weeks.
    But I feel awesome!!!!!!!

I will try add more later.
    Nurse is coming in an hour to redo my leg bandages. I can't wait til he hears my pulse! I took it this morning manually and could barely keep count because it was a lot to count in a minute - 77!

Hugs for you all!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good day!

Was just so happy to be home, and we did a lot of talking even during the night.

I am being ever-so careful, don't worry. Husband shadowed me last evening and all morning, he also has let out a big sigh finally. He has been a star!

I will not overdo. I cannot. A big part is modifying movement like getting up and such because I can't put pressure on my left arm and can't raise it above my shoulder for six weeks.

Nurse is coming in an hour to redo my leg bandages. I can't wait til he hears my pulse! I took it this morning manually and could barely keep count because it was a lot to count in a minute - 77!

Hugs for you all!
    What a difference in your posts, Nat!! So excited to share your in experience to better health!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good day!

Hugs for you all!
    Hi Natalka..its sooo Awesome to hear that your feeling great and back home ..glad you got good pulse to ..take extra care yourself sweetie
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    *****82*****

Name:  AAA7EEA6-1643-4601-9DB4-C2BBC5A7D4F1.png
Views: 199
Size:  159.4 KB

OMG !! Can’t even think about Christmas yet Lynn ..I’m always behind last few years ..hopefully this year I’m more on ball with Christmas.ohhhhh just thinking 🤔 about it makes me sick to my stomach..it just bad as thinking about winter is just right around corner too LOL 😝
    Lynn49, walkonby and dededi like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh lordy! Christmas talk already? Well can't say we weren't warned, thanks for that heads up @Lynn49
    The beginning prep for the Turkey day meal has commenced!! Food is all bought.
    Mr. frozen bird was transferred to the fridge on Thursday morning to thaw s-l-o-w-l-y

Had some awesome help last night from DD to push furniture around, followed by a clean/dust/mop session, inserted the leaf in the table and arranged where it will fit best. Small spaces made us creative!
    Even managed to dig out the orange/brown Fall table cloth.
    All this under the direct supervision of Hamlet, Claudius, Rufus and Murphy....none of them were impressed that pet toys were moved.

Hope everyone has a terrific Thanksgiving weekend!!
    @Natalka your posts DO sound so much happier!! Funny how a little thing like being able to breathe and move can lift ones mood.

Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Oct 6th, 2018 at 07:11 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. I still have a few last minute thing to buy today for our family Thanksgiving meal which is happening tomorrow. Since my younger DD is vegetarian it’s 2 sets a meal have to be prepared. I will be helping my DH since he is the. Chef of my family. I would be doing some baking for deserts. No pumpkin pie. Just cheese cake, apple pie and some chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies.
    @Natalka please don’t over do things. I agreed with Waldo by that your post sounds happier. One day at a time my friend.
    Everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good Morning, folks!
    3 ring bearers and 2 flower girls-oiy! And the oldest -7 years old!

Well, out of chaos can come a beautiful wedding! This couple is so sweet! They wrote their own vows and if I don't cry, it will be a miracle!

I just got the licence last night -after a panic of where it had been put down and so I have some last minute things to do.

It's going to rain and thunderstorm just as we get started so my job is to make sure everyone gets down the aisle dry -inside and out😀. I'm not worried about the bride and groom, for sure!

BFN! Have a wonderful start to your weekend and travel safe if you are on the road!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

The kids arrived home on time last evening, GS reunited with them, couldn't wait to play Fortnite with his Dad. Today is our prep day for tomorrow's dinner, pumpkin pie, pumpkin mousse dessert for DD, tomorrow the dressing. Lots to talk about tomorrow wrt our two trips, chatting with inlaws, too.

@avoncallingu , sometimes it's hard to hold it together during some weddings, isn't it? I always expect the bride to cry, but when the groom can barely get through his vows, that gets to me! The only time that was just about impossible for me to hold back tears is when the bride came down the aisle to "Over the Rainbow", sung by the late Hawiian singer, Isreal. If anyone's not seen one of the videos of him singing it, grab a tissue and look it up. I'll find one later and post it when I'm off this tablet.

Ok! Have a wonderful, safe, beautiful Thanksgivig weekend!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Oct 6th, 2018 at 09:51 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  5E95D914-9C8A-4781-B992-393DEA39651B.jpeg
Views: 162
Size:  135.7 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I always do the holiday baking for family dinners. Along with the usuals for Thanksgiving (pumpkin bread, date squares, etc) I'm throwing these into the rotation:

Baked apple roses. They look so impressive but are so ridiculously easy to make. They're like really pretty hand-held apple pies. I made some last night, they're delicious.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

And the recipe, Go Jays? My family dinner is Monday.

Home safe and sound, despite the fog advisory and rain. But it cleared up just in time for the ceremony.

Tissues galore during the vows!

My feet are KILLING me so I am going to lie down and think olks!about what might be on TV if I could get it turned on.

Imagination is my middle name!

Take care folks!

My stepson is in Albequerque at the Balloon Fiesta and went up for a balloon ride this morning. He is living the life of Riley. I wonder who Riley was?

Got to get my feet off the ground too but just up on my bed.

See ya!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    And the recipe, Go Jays? My family dinner is Monday.
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24...d-apple-roses/
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So are you all familiar with a street graffiti artist names, Banksy?? He's famous all over the world for his 'paintings', most very political, very challenging to interpret, but love him or hate him, here's what happened!!
    Oh...and no one knows who he is!! Must have some resources to travel all over and paint!!

Somehow one of his paintings arrived at Sothebys, and was place on auction yesterday!
    WELL!!! No sooner had the gavel come down on a 1.4MILLION dollar bid, when it began to self-destruct and shred!!!
    Yep....a shredder, built into the frame, gobbled up the painting!!

Here's an article on it, and if you scroll down you'll see the video!!!
    Evidently "they say" that someone had to be in the room to trigger it, but who?

Enjoy!
    Banksy Painting Self-Destructs After Fetching $1.4 Million at Sotheby’s

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/06/a...-sothebys.html

Now of course, the question is....does the person who won the bid own the painting, or does Sotheby's reclaim it since it's not the painting that was originally purchased?
    I figure it's value just went THROUGH THE ROOF!!! Hahaha!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Oct 6th, 2018 at 08:12 PM.
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Love it, @GoJays ! I've warched Chef John's vids before and enjoy his humour, and yes, I did pin this!
    Hm. I presently have pumpkin mousse in my ramekins, wonder if muffin tins woukd work? I'd love to make these for tomorrow's dinner! I made a pumpkin pie and was instructed to make only one dessert since everyone seems to be watching their figures. But! Since our DD prefers pumpkin mousse pie, I made mousse in ramekins, lagered with crushed gingersnaps, which I'll sugar and torch before serving. But those apples would be so cute on the plates, too!

Thank you for sharing...DH has to make a trip to the grocery store tomorrow anyway!

Oh! And too much cinnamon/sugar is never enough!
    Did you ever have buttered, cinnamon/sugar toast as a kid?! Where did we put those calories?!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Oct 6th, 2018 at 10:19 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and GoJays like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I always do the holiday baking for family dinners. Along with the usuals for Thanksgiving (pumpkin bread, date squares, etc) I'm throwing these into the rotation:

Baked apple roses. They look so impressive but are so ridiculously easy to make. They're like really pretty hand-held apple pies. I made some last night, they're delicious.
    @GoJays it looks beautifully . I am going to try this this morning finger cross . Thanks for the link for the recipe.

Thread Information