User Tag List

Page 671 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 171 571 621 661 669 670 671 672 673 681 721 771 1171 1671 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 29342
Like Tree118504Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ah... dogs with "cat-titude"

I had to smile this morning as everyone was giving their opinion on pot use. My appointment with the Dr. was to discuss exactly that. 😉- I am having so much pain in my toe, feet, hip, back, head- and taking NSAIDS is the only thing that touches it and then you have to deal with other things.....

He is sending me to an evaluation clinic to see what type would work best for me. It will take 6 -8 weeks to get in. (Until then, maybe I will just hang out around the street corners near the universities and inhale.)😵

I am allergic to codeine and so many other things that I have to be careful.

By the time I got home after going to the post office and just dropping into Bulk Barn, I was in so much pain! Tootie needed walking and I could barely do it. @lynn -I still use "That Stuff for Pain" spray that Ernie recommended a couple of years ago - on my hips and back. I have some stronger stuff but it contains an oil that you are not supposed to use around dogs.

Then when I got home -there in the mail is a flier, "The Cannabis Act" Here's what you need to know.

I'm lying down for a while but I have to chair the church "Search Committee " this evening and that means sitting for a couple of hours.

Walks- I am so proud that you are still watching baseball! This season has been a bust for my watching. Now you and Lynn are into Football! Thanks for your updates.

Lynn, Has your dd had any word back about her recent tests?

c_macarthur- unlike these Halloween scrooges around here-I used to love Halloween. That's back when we would have fun with it at school. Carve pumpkins, roast seeds (( and count them.) Parade around in costumes. I would dress up as a clown (before that awful clown movie) or a friendly witch and sit at the door handing out treats. It has been many years since we lived in an area where there were a lot of kids. I miss it. (I made that clown outfit in my first year of teaching-hot pink corduroy and contrasting purple and pink cotton. I just gave it away last fall.)

I have scarecrows on my porch and will add a pumpkin. I just decorate the outside of the pumpkin with stickers as I usually cut it up and use the pulp for a great soup recipe I have. Have fun!

Well, must get mobile or some approximation of it, and get on over to my meeting.

Take care, everyone! Have a fun filled evening, no matter what "chills you out!" 😄
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Those are stunning, @Newfiescreech! You could sell those on etsy...I love them bith, but that clothesline one just has my heart! Just beautiful, Screech.
    I too have my crafting times, both for quilting and painting; I'm still trying to decide what my watercoloured Christmas card design will be!

Sweet dreams to you and everyone!
    Thank you Lynn .. I already sold so many to my friends .. they want them to send to their families that is not living in Newfoundland anymore ..going make 25 to 30 of those pictures .. sell them at our spring sale ... by that time I should have them completed ..I really enjoy doing them ..it sure relaxing .
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Those are wonderful! How talented you are!
    Thank you avoncallingu..
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  2D1CB083-99A1-476E-8581-7D3230769E87.png
Views: 118
Size:  642.7 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aha! So...a youngster then, @c_mcarthur! Just like our DangerDan! He and his wife just bought their first home, also!
    As to halloween...we get around 120 kids. Like @avoncallingu, we really all enjoyed it when the kids were young, we were on a cul-de-sac and all the kids in the neighbourhood were about the same age, some adults dressed up also (Yes, Avon, even me. )...it was a block party! Then cars started to drop kids off at the beginning of our street just so they could do our oval, so it changed somewhat.
    Nowadays, there's little to no imagination to the kids' costumes, go to the store, drop $100 and boom, done.

And Do NOT get me started on the moms who are carrying babies going door to door!!! With no other youngsters with them!! Buy your own da*m candy, lady!!! See? I told you not to get me started.

@GoJays, you and I could absolutely be besties this time of year. We could hide in the dark drinking wine and ignoring the doorbell!!
    We may need a few bottles...technically there are only 2 glasses in one bottle. Sad, but true.

...I know, right? DH just brought home another box that may not last until halloween...of course he's never allowed to give out peanutbutter cups!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Oct 16th, 2018 at 06:15 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Two glasses? What size is the wineglass that you use @Lynn49 ?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays . Have a few errands to run today so a busy morning for me. Have a great day all

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all
    @c_mcarthur and @Lynn49 ...yupper, young'en' over here...31 to be exact.
    Um, yes. new(ish) home owners. We bought and moved in last summer, so this will be our second Halloween here giving out sweet treats. We're in the country...so we had a whopping 2 kidlets come by last year! BUT, did those two ever get a haul of treat from our house, let me tell you!

Cold out there...but warmer than yesterday.
    Supposed to dip down below freezing tonight at home...and be around -7 or -8 when I get up tomorrow morning...which means I need to drain and empty all of our outdoor pipes and hose tonight after work...

Any who, stay warm, and cozy...and of course get well soon to everyone ailing
    (@Lynn49 ... @Natalka ...)

Have a wonderful day peeps!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, folks! Dan, I love that cat!

And the "dog shaming" pictures always crack me up!

I can hear that the roads are wet out there. And it's pretty chilly in here this morning.

Well, I didn't make it to my meeting last night. Got hit with food poisoning or something. I thought that juice didn't taste quite right and sure enough, I guess it wasn't.

I restricted myself to rice cakes, bananas, dry toast and made up some applesauce. Yummers! But I feel pretty good this morning.

Another dr. appointment today and my cleaning helper comes this morning. I sent off a couple of items in the mail yesterday only to find that the postal workers have set a strike deadline. I'm hoping they both get to where they are going in that 72 hour window. (Both the workers, and my mail)

I have "switch over to winter" items strewn about the entryway. Do I really need to take out my boots? Should I really put those summer ball caps away and switch to winter stuff? Oh yes, I remember, I was going to look for a beret because my head is the kind that sneakily jettisons toques off the top in the middle of a walk.

Such a busy time, this season change thing!

Well, hump-ity - dump. Have a great "middle of the week!" See ya!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hope you're feeling better @avoncallingu .
    What a coincidence you should mention the tummy troubles and the foods you're limiting yourself to. I was watching something online yesterday and they mentioned those (almost) exact foods. They called it the BRAT diet for when you're tummy's off. Bananas Rice Apple sauce Toast.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I thought the same thing about Avon, dan, that she nailed the BRAT guideline. We have always followed that.

Avon, hoping you are well today.

Happy Dope Day, everyone!

No pot stores opening in Saskatoon today, not enough product. I think just a few are opening in the province.

Nice warm day predicted today, 18, and 17 tomorrow. We had cold weather way too soon, so now fall can be enjoyed.

Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  736D3E14-2E1A-4BC5-B73E-2172A61529B4.jpeg
Views: 117
Size:  56.1 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hrm... I can't 'like' anyone's posts. I keep getting an error message...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

And now it works... stupid, friggin...

Thread Information